It's that time.. Penalty count discussion

hsvjones

For some reason every time we play either Souths or Eels we get flogged on Penalties and taken out of the game...

So my tip is Souths win Penalty count 11-2 tonight as they need to win to keep top 4 alive and the refs will know that...

I'll be shocked if you're wrong. Our penalties will come late too and be "must" gives. How will the 6 agains flow is the real concern.

Don't hate me for this but I think we have fairly poor discipline as a result of struggling to move fast in defense to the opposition, and struggling to keep the battlr in the middle. Although we have had some shockers I agree ref wise. Sometimes I reckon it's from losing the pace of the game

A guy I work with,Eels diehard said to me today ‘how can you watch tigers games?the refs hate them’

Any chance we get short changed in a set of 6 to compliment the lopsided counts?

@Jay said in [It's that time\.\. Penalty count discussion](/post/1227268) said:
Don't hate me for this but I think we have fairly poor discipline as a result of struggling to move fast in defense to the opposition, and struggling to keep the battlr in the middle. Although we have had some shockers I agree ref wise. Sometimes I reckon it's from losing the pace of the game

Mate I agree with you ... A lot of the calls against us are fair but on the other hand I find it very hard to believe the other teams are not perfect .. That's my biggest gripe as I want consistency both ways

And here's tonight's ref doing his pre-match warm up:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2AoxCkySv34

We'll get a touch up in the set re-starts tonight for sure, I'll bet my house on it.

@hsvjones said in [It's that time\.\. Penalty count discussion](/post/1227265) said:
For some reason every time we play either Souths or Eels we get flogged on Penalties and taken out of the game...

So my tip is Souths win Penalty count 11-2 tonight as they need to win to keep top 4 alive and the refs will know that...

10-3 Souffs pens. 8-2 Souffs set restarts

We'll get whipped in penalties and 6-again. Nothing is more certain than that. Ref will give us a few token ones once we are dead and buried. As usual.
Think we might see a doozy of a penalty brought out of the archives tonight. Offside from a goalline dropout or something like that. All part of the 'Rabbitohs Rails Run'.

I think the fastest team will earn more 6 agains and prevent more against.

@Kazoo-Kid said in [It's that time\.\. Penalty count discussion](/post/1227313) said:
a lot of the penalties/set restarts are caused by own fault though. E.g. Benji giving away restarts cause he got dominated in the tackle and trying to slow it down.

I thought last week was fair game, we gave away a lot of silly penalties however the penrith game the week before was really biased refereeing and we got hammered. They were no worse than us in the ruck

Was very impressed with him. Actually seemed to respect the players and the game and made a huge difference.

Back