Ivan right man for the job?

swag_tiger

Is Ivan the right man for the job?. I am confident he the right man to lead us. Warriors came 9 and Penrith came 10th in his first full season coaching them. I believe that with him going hard for players on the open market he will get us into the top 8\. We are still the 2nd best Defensive team since he came.

@ said:
Is Ivan the right man for the job?. I am confident he the right man to lead us. Warriors came 9 and Penrith came 10th in his first full season coaching them. **I believe that with him going hard for players on the open market he will get us into the top 8.** We are still the 2nd best Defensive team since he came.

In a comp where half the teams competing play finals, getting us into the 8 should not be an achievement. But we can’t even do that.

Ivan is the right man for sure. This squad is not up there with the big guns. He has got the best out of this team but we have to play with too much effort to win. It’s worn us down we need players to improve the squad so we can be off and talent can get us home at times. We completed at 90+% and lost to a bottom of the table side.

@ said:
Is Ivan the right man for the job?. I am confident he the right man to lead us. Warriors came 9 and Penrith came 10th in his first full season coaching them. I believe that with him going hard for players on the open market he will get us into the top 8\. We are still the 2nd best Defensive team since he came.

Swag, don't know what stats you are looking at, but we are not 2nd best defensive team this year. Try 5th.

Probably but there has to be a lot of player recruitment…tonight as with many other games have shown that the quality of the roster is not up to it!

@ said:

No.

To some people, any kind of criticism of the coach is equal to wanting him sacked, which is completely false. If anything, this year has proven that he isn’t the saviour most thought he would be. He hasn’t been. We’re still the same bumbling mess we were under previous coaches. No progress has been made.

We need to let a coach see out a term and put their plan into place. We need to see what happens with the team next year to truely assess where he has taken the club. At this point it could go either way.

Who knows ?
He seems to be more interested in his kids development than the team he’s coaching at present .

To beat the Dragons and Souths and not have the team firing for a potential top 8 win over a garbage Dogs side is garbage coaching imo

Wests Tigers are a side that plays best when fresh. Look at the team's results this year . At the start of the season they were fresh and raring to go. Their enthusiasm netted them a string of impressive wins over highly rated teams. As the season wore on the team was unable to sustain their early season form and they were clearly struggling. A month ago the team had a bye and fresh from the bye them played very well for good wins against top rated sides. However, tonight just three weeks off a bye they showed nothing of the zip they had previously and looked gone very early in the first half.

This not the coach's fault. He has succeeded in coaching a side which has over achieved way beyond early season expectations. Let's hope Cleary is able to strengthen the team by snaring for next season three or four class players which is all the team needs to produce a consistent level of high quality football throughout 2019 and beyond.

@ said:
Wests Tigers are a side that plays best when fresh. Look at the team's results this year . At the start of the season they were fresh and raring to go. Their enthusiasm netted them a string of impressive wins over highly rated teams. As the season wore on the team was unable to sustain their early season form and they were clearly struggling. A month ago the team had a bye and fresh from the bye them played very well for good wins against top rated sides. However, tonight just three weeks off a bye they showed nothing of the zip they had previously and looked gone very early in the first half.

This not the coach's fault. He has succeeded in coaching a side which has over achieved way beyond early season expectations. Let's hope Cleary is able to strengthen the team by snaring for next season three or four class players which is all the team needs to produce a consistent level of high quality football throughout 2019 and beyond.

Cool if we can just slip a bye in every second week next season we should be sweet.

@ said:
I don't know if any coach is the right man for the job. Supporting this team is like living in Groundhog Day.

So very very true
So very very true
So very very true
So very very true
So very very true
So very very true
…......Need I go on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

@ said:
I don't know if any coach is the right man for the job. Supporting this team is like living in Groundhog Day.

So very very true
So very very true
So very very true
So very very true
So very very true
So very very true
…......Need I go on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think he is the right man for the job but like the players too, he has to fire up at times.

I'd also like to think he would tear strips off them at half time when they're underperforming and not doing their jobs, and at fulltime 'rip them a new one' for efforts such as this. I'd also like a bit of emotion when refs have made those howlers against us.

Sometimes quiet and respectful just doesnt do it.

Memories of Roy Masters, Frank Stanton, Warren Ryan and Tommy Raudonikis…............,

who would bet the right man for the job who we could actually get? seriously look at our roster and what IC has to work with. Just about everyone expected us to be in the bottom 4 for the year and fighting it out for the spoon.

I think he currently is the right man, our defence (bar 2 40 minute halves this year) has improved a ton.

Latest posts

Back