Jackson Hastings - #251 Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
no one has a clue what Hastings would or wouldn’t do. Talk about panic stations and the world will fall in by some here.

He won’t leave early. We have alot of time to sort things out.

He hasn’t even got a contract from us to say no to and we still have 5mths before another club can even talk to him.

He would be nuts to even start negotiating a contract without knowing and meeting the next coach.

no one has a clue what Hastings would or wouldn’t do. Talk about panic stations and the world will fall in by some here.

He won’t leave early. We have alot of time to sort things out.

He hasn’t even got a contract from us to say no to and we still have 5mths before another club can even talk to him.

He would be nuts to even start negotiating a contract without knowing and meeting the next coach.
Nobody knows but saying a player won’t leave WT early is a bit rich.

Fair call. I’m basing that on how he has constantly said he owes the club for giving him a crack back at the NRL. He doesn’t come across as a lawn mower person.
Agree there. This is your garden variety rebuild though, players won’t be that excited by that.

Agree there. This is your garden variety rebuild though, players won’t be that excited by that.

I’m actually somewhat excited for the first time for a few years. Madge aside the decision is made, can’t change it.

Next year won’t be easy at all it will be a struggle but could be a surprise as well if we do a few things differently & you just never know what a new coach can bring player wise

24/25 is where I’m looking at mostly.

We have a massive amount of cap space and roster spots up for grabs over the next 2yrs. We will have misses but I’m optimistic that we could get some real positives as well especially youth wise.

A new coach for the 1st time at the club will be able to mould the full side how they want quickly and if it’s true about the next wave of kids in 3yrs time (will hit 19-22yrs) then they will start to fill the squad which for us hasn’t happened for such a long time which at that point we will again have roster space and cap space to keep the ones we want.

Hastings linking up with Api (a real hooker) & AD is a very different structure to anything he has had this year as well.

I get the frustration & emotion, change sucks especially when it’s a guy like Madge but I don’t think it’s all rain clouds moving forward

Anyway this thread is about the team for this weeks game.

I don’t think it’s that straight forward. Yes to some extent we are rebuilding but the foundations are already set. We have brand new facilities, a clear salary cap, a decent crop of juniors coming up, and a few good signings already coming next year.

I don’t think it’s that straight forward. Yes to some extent we are rebuilding but the foundations are already set. We have brand new facilities, a clear salary cap, a decent crop of juniors coming up, and a few good signings already coming next year.
No good having cap space or juniors or a gym if the genuine NRL talent thinks your club stinks. That’s my take on it. Forget changing coaches, fix the rabble.

No good having cap space or juniors or a gym if the genuine NRL talent thinks your club stinks. That’s my take on it. Forget changing coaches, fix the rabble.
Yes that’s true, but Rome was not built in a day.

Many of the previous issues have been fixed. Some will help straight away, some, like junior development, will take a few years to bear fruit.

I still believe we are 2 good signings away from being a very competitive side next year.

Many of the previous issues have been fixed. Some will help straight away, some, like junior development, will take a few years to bear fruit.

I still believe we are 2 good signings away from being a very competitive side next year.
Probably very competitive now at full strength.

Probably very competitive now at full strength.
You know what MM,the team is going to be at near full strength this week,a lovely little cherry for Noddy to come in and takeover,whereas Madge had to suffer the injuries and suspension of Hastings for 3 weeks,had to get the fringe guys to play for 80 mins and give a good account of themselves which I might add were good efforts under duress..
I just hope Tamou doesnt have to apologize to Noddy at seasons end if they get the spoon for their POOR PERFORMANCE.......:rolleyes:

You know what MM,the team is going to be at near full strength this week,a lovely little cherry for Noddy to come in and takeover,whereas Madge had to suffer the injuries and suspension of Hastings for 3 weeks,had to get the fringe guys to play for 80 mins and give a good account of themselves which I might add were good efforts under duress..
I just hope Tamou doesnt have to apologize to Noddy at seasons end if they get the spoon for their POOR PERFORMANCE.......:rolleyes:
Tamou won't apologise for anything....

He got some easy money from us and is likely gone come seasons end.

Good luck to Noddy.

I think it’s 3-4 really good signings. This club is just not able to attract that calibre of player though. So they have decided instead they are a development club (who can’t retain their best talent). Stay optimistic mate and I’ll stay realistic.

Well he is hardlly going to tell a fan the Club sucks…
Sheens has rushed into extension talks with Adam Doueihi, Jackson Hastings and Daine Laurie after saying all signing and re-signing of players will be on hold waiting for the incoming coach.

True but you need to try..
Get him involved in the coaching search, Make him Captain, Make him feel special and PAY the men.. He is the most important player we have.
I’m not a fan of making him captain yet he’s still a bit young and cocky. I think vice with a calming leader but they will need to be someone Hastings respects so they can pull him into line. And again with the coach thing I think the club need to do that. But certainly with recruiting, not on instaface or whatever but like Gal did with Lewis. Call them and say we are Building something here and us players want you here. He’s a full-time competitor and I want him to stay at our club.

Sheens has rushed into extension talks with Adam Doueihi, Jackson Hastings and Daine Laurie after saying all signing and re-signing of players will be on hold waiting for the incoming coach.
I'd suggest Sheens is in the contact with the new coach and any action he takes is consistent with what our new coach requires.

I’m not too concerned about Jacko. In the early rounds I think he was just showing leadership by professing his commitment to to the coach as a good leader should. Too often in the past our players have talked smack about the coach. Jacko was having none of that and was rallying the team to get on board. I suspect he’ll do the same when the next coach comes on board. Because that’s what a good leader does. And that’s the type of culture we need.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back