Jackson Hastings - #251 Mega Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not too concerned about Jacko. In the early rounds I think he was just showing leadership by professing his commitment to to the coach as a good leader should. Too often in the past our players have talked smack about the coach. Jacko was having none of that and was rallying the team to get on board. I suspect he’ll do the same when the next coach comes on board. Because that’s what a good leader does. And that’s the type of culture we need.
The only thing I'm worried about atm is him walking around in moon boot, which he probably paid for himself I might add.

I’m not too concerned about Jacko. In the early rounds I think he was just showing leadership by professing his commitment to to the coach as a good leader should. Too often in the past our players have talked smack about the coach. Jacko was having none of that and was rallying the team to get on board. I suspect he’ll do the same when the next coach comes on board. Because that’s what a good leader does. And that’s the type of culture we need.

The club should be building around him. He is a typified leader.

I think it’s 3-4 really good signings. This club is just not able to attract that calibre of player though. So they have decided instead they are a development club (who can’t retain their best talent). Stay optimistic mate and I’ll stay realistic.
3-4 more really good signings would have us top 4 threat, but I agree that’s not happening because there aren’t 3-4 top line players available. To be fair we already have 2 of the highest profile recruits for next year so it can be done.

As I said 2 more signings and we are top 8 chance next year. Once you make that step other players will then be easier to sign for following years. I don’t see any of that as unrealistic.

Reactions: 851
Like Api and Papalli ?
I still can't believe we were able to sign them. I'm still waiting for one or both of them to renege on their contracts. Maybe the club is finally turning a corner.

The club should be building around him. He is a typified leader.
Yeah,

And he fits the mould of a bit of an outlier, sort of like our club which could be good in attracting players with a point to prove and building on our DNA.

A bit of an us against them which we probably need to get and keep the passion in our group and fans alike.

No good having cap space or juniors or a gym if the genuine NRL talent thinks your club stinks. That’s my take on it. Forget changing coaches, fix the rabble.
Nah,
Look were getting reasonable people like Papalii and Koroisau.
If we loose them, I would get the coach and team to focus on Defense. Build that solid base of defense and frontload all players for 2023.

Talent will come, talent will go. Our culture will win or loose us games and it's our culture and training methods that have hurt us. The fact that we sign Roberts instead of Latrell is evident of that culture issue. We have been making Moneyball style picks for ages, lets stop and make culture picks and get our club culture and training right.

Nah,
Look were getting reasonable people like Papalii and Koroisau.
If we loose them, I would get the coach and team to focus on Defense. Build that solid base of defense and frontload all players for 2023.

Talent will come, talent will go. Our culture will win or loose us games and it's our culture and training methods that have hurt us. The fact that we sign Roberts instead of Latrell is evident of that culture issue. We have been making Moneyball style picks for ages, lets stop and make culture picks and get our club culture and training right.
I don't think it's about focusing on defence exclusively, it's more about how we defend. Tigers and Bulldogs tackling efficiency is actually better than the panthers and Roosters, and we make way more tackles than both.
The best teams at the moment are built on PTB speed. Just look at the games we have won this year, they have been when we have been able to play fast and slow down the opposition.
I was a Madge fan, but he was just not able to adapt his old school ways into the new style of play. You just can't grind out wins in the NRL like say the Bulldogs of the 2000's.
Ironically if the Tigers had continued to play the attacking style of footy they have always been known for they probably would have had more success in the current era.

The only thing I'm worried about atm is him walking around in moon boot, which he probably paid for himself I might add.
Yeh that's a worry isn't it. Surely Maddo and Brooksy can hold the fort until he's better. Does anyone have an injury update?

I noticed something interesting yesterday. Aloai’s last try he ran through Hastings, before running over Laurie to score.

Couldn’t believe it when it looked like Jackson had a bit to say to Laurie about his attempt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back