Jackson Topine takes Bulldogs to NSW Supreme Court

Status
Not open for further replies.
If he was forced to wrestle each and every other squad player at the end of an already gruelling dedicated session of the same, which seems to be an uncontested fact, then that is abuse. No ifs or buts.
Bullshit.the Bulldogs vehemently deny the story.

Bullshit.the Bulldogs vehemently deny the story.
Incorrect - they have not denied that extra wrestling drills were incurred as punishment on the individual for being late.

They are denying the allegations that this punishment crossed the line of fair and reasonable practices and expectations.

That will be up to the court - but both parties effectively have the entire squad to subpoena as eye witnesses.

The fact that they have still not formally terminated his employment - but he has not trained or played since the day after the event suggests some tacit aknowledgement of liability by the Bulldogs organisation.

Incorrect - they have not denied that extra wrestling drills were incurred as punishment on the individual for being late.

They are denying the allegations that this punishment crossed the line of fair and reasonable practices and expectations.

That will be up to the court - but both parties effectively have the entire squad to subpoena as eye witnesses.

The fact that they have still not formally terminated his employment - but he has not trained or played since the day after the event suggests some tacit aknowledgement of liability by the Bulldogs organisation.
He is claiming he’s permanently injured psychiatrically so I doubt he’s asking to come to training.

He is claiming he’s permanently injured psychiatrically so I doubt he’s asking to come to training.
Then why is he still employed by the Bulldogs - and not been terminated on medical or breach of contract grounds.

Because the alleged injury occurred in the workplace

Reactions: BZN
If you are going to begin with a laughing emoji and then reply with "Bullshit", please show me where they deny it, as I have not seen anything as such?
“The Bulldogs have vowed to “vigorously” defend claims made against the club and trainer Travis Touma”

The Australian

Someone called them uncontested claims.

I don’t even know why you’re even bothering . He has zero interest in having an honest debate about this .
As one sided and intellectually dishonest as a debate can get .

• Wow
I agree with hammertime on this point mate . If it really was such a shock , which he’s saying it is because it caused his career to finish, then there has to have been a breakdown somewhere . People can be cold and say ,”he was entitled and soft” , which I’m Actually NOT saying Snidest , or , the other extreme is “this is barbaric” which is also ridiculous because , every other team is doing the same shit .
The issue is simply was the “reward” for not meeting standards communicated and agreed upon prior to this .
And the other thing is the coldness and callousness around helping him up . To me that reads like they were trying to teach him a lesson / send him a message . Which says maybe there was a long history prior to this , or some communication was had about the player needing to be hardened up . I have no idea , but that’s where the real issue lies . Because if he really is this messed up over it , and he had mental health issues going in, why on earth did the training team think this strategy would work .
Or they wanted him to move on

“The Bulldogs have vowed to “vigorously” defend claims made against the club and trainer Travis Touma”

The Australian

Yes - but they acknowledged the incident occurred but deny the particulars of the allegation

There are uncontested facts in all court cases - and the legal arguments relate to whether those facts constitute any breach of law or are mitigated by circumstances and context.

If they outrightly denied anything untowards happened but the player is refusing to train or play - then terminate the player for breach of contract...

Last edited:
I don’t even know why you’re even bothering . He has zero interest in having an honest debate about this .
As one sided and intellectually dishonest as a debate can get .
I’ll defend rugby league as a sport to the death, and athletes and snowflakes who can’t hack it won’t change that.

• Wow
I’ll defend rugby league as a sport to the death, and athletes and snowflakes who can’t hack it won’t change that.
The game doesn't exist without the players mate!

This isn't rugby league you're defending!

Choose your battles more wisely!

Yea well , of course thats despicable if true ! And will be a massive deterrent to players going to thier club , but for all those people to be complicit ? Seems real unlikely .
They weren't complicit - they expressed concern but were silenced and ordered to go harder according to the allegations.

They were compliant under the authority of the trainer which is very different

If you think this is all fantasy - maybe wait unti Faitala-Mariner has his say!

The Australian

Again, the dogs have not once denied that he was made to again wrestle the rest of the session's squad at the end of the programmed session. It is not contested.

Yea well , of course thats despicable if true ! And will be a massive deterrent to players going to thier club , but for all those people to be complicit ? Seems real unlikely .
Unfortunately I’ve seen a player get pushed out of a club in local footy. Other players didn’t like him so never had a problem with it
I was just out of 18s and too shy to speak up
Went to rugby the next year and had a blast

They weren't complicit - they expressed concern but were silenced and ordered to go harder according to the allegations.

If you think this is all fantasy - maybe wait unti Faitala-Mariner has his say!
If you say so sir, how high?

They, all of them, were good enough to reach the NRL but not question a trainer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back