OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

Blocker says REALLY obvious stuff though like; “They better start scoring if they wanna win this”
When the Knights v Raiders final this year went into GP, scores were still level with 1 second to go in the first half of GP. Raiders had a scrum feed 10 out. Cue Blocker: “Do they take a shot here?”. Flabbergasted, by the question, Warren Smith responded “Uhh yes. Yes they do”.
 
The best commentator when he wasn't commentating on Manly games was old Rex. As for Blocker he reminds me of a bloke I played with who was called Empty short for Empty Head who was a good enough bloke but there wasn't much upstairs however on the field he'd kick arse.

Back to the subject of this thread, I don't like his attitude as he seems so up himself but perhaps that is what the club needs. Still I doubt he will sign, he'll either remain where he is or end up at Easts under their salary cap sombrero.
 
The best commentator when he wasn't commentating on Manly games was old Rex. As for Blocker he reminds me of a bloke I played with who was called Empty short for Empty Head who was a good enough bloke but there wasn't much upstairs however on the field he'd kick arse.

Back to the subject of this thread, I don't like his attitude as he seems so up himself but perhaps that is what the club needs. Still I doubt he will sign, he'll either remain where he is or end up at Easts under their salary cap sombrero.
I can’t see him ending up at a top club. One of the bottom clubs will pay through the nose to get him. I think it will be the Dogs.
 
I can’t see him ending up at a top club. One of the bottom clubs will pay through the nose to get him. I think it will be the Dogs.
That wouldn't surprise me but having Gould as coach since he runs the show could be a turn off.
 
Heard of Rex Mossop
I remember Rex Mossop well. He was an important part of my formative years of watching rugby league, both calling games and on Controversy Corner.

I also remember the author Alex Buzo’s enjoyed sending up of sports commentators in general and the moose in particular in his annual article in (I think) The National Times, headed the “Australian Indoor Tautology Pennant”. Each year in the late 1970s Buzo published the Indoor Tautology Pennant and each year the moose won it in a canter with classics such as:

Now the referee is giving him a verbal tongue lashing;

He seems to be favouring a groin injury at the top of his leg;

He’s running sideways and not making much forward progress;

The kick had both height and elevation;

I don’t want to sound incredulous, but I can’t believe it.

My favourite quote from the moose, however, was on a news program unrelated to the game. It concerned the State Government allowing nude sun bathing on a beach not far from his residence, which he strongly opposed.

An outraged Moose was on ABC news program proclaiming “I’m not going to let these people ram their genitals down my throat.”

The late lamented moose certainly had a way with words.
 
I don’t know how good Luai would go as a 7. It might be a carrot, but he’s not the organising type.
It’s a funny claim and yet to be proven obviously because he is playing alongside Cleary, and even coach Cleary himself said it.
But answer me this? Why did coach Cleary name Luai at halfback every time Cleary was unavailable? Maybe not the O’Sullivan year but every other year.
 
It’s a funny claim and yet to be proven obviously because he is playing alongside Cleary, and even coach Cleary himself said it.
But answer me this? Why did coach Cleary name Luai at halfback every time Cleary was unavailable? Maybe not the O’Sullivan year but every other year.
It's like Cleary being out for a good chunk of the year and Luai operating very successfully without him never happened. It's some sort of collective Alzheimer's.
 
Back
Top