OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

I get your point but i would much rather we had signed Munster. That would have been an even more epic signing given his status in the game and his clutch big match ability.
I don't trust that Munster would play as well away from Bellamy. He probably has bigger moments in games but I could see him being very average at our club and get into discipline issues and things like that as frustration builds. That's total speculation, but just why I'd prefer Luai as a big contract long-term signing.
 
So stoked he's a Tiger in 25. If the Olam trade is genuine then I'd expect the club to get that sorted pretty quickly. Still think we will be in the media this year chasing another big fish. We have AFB money laying around, I reckon we are still going to be going crazy in the market with one or two signings for 25 or earlier.
 
I don't trust that Munster would play as well away from Bellamy. He probably has bigger moments in games but I could see him being very average at our club and get into discipline issues and things like that as frustration builds. That's total speculation, but just why I'd prefer Luai as a big contract long-term signing.
Each to their own but Munster will go down in history as twice the player Luai will be.
 
I was someone who claimed Luai would not announce it himself. And i have to say how truly devastated and embarrassed I am that I was wrong. Like seriously, humiliating. Im just going to have to make do with the fact he’s actually signed. Oh well.

Are you going to be ok? I'm here if you need to talk 😉
 
  • Haha
Reactions: BZN
I think our inability to convert good field position into points ahs just been solved at least for 12 months time

Interesting to see who Benji wants to build around Luai...we have lots of good youth, need to get this recruitment balancing act spot on from hereon in
 
Each to their own but Munster will go down in history as twice the player Luai will be.
Munster is exciting to watch and a great player. Obviously knew what was best for him and stayed at the storm, despite probably having better contracts elsewhere. Not really wanting to talk Munster down or anything, he's great, and the Aus selectors obviously agree with you. I just think given he's older and his play isn't always consistent, along with admitting issues with alcohol, I think you could argue luai is a better option for a big long-term contract.
 
Anyone else noticed the original social media post with him photoshopped into the jersey has been taken down and replaced?
I'm glad if they did, I hate seeing players in another team's jersey when they're still contracted and playing for another team. It's disloyal and disrespectful. Benji did it when he switched to Auckland and Mundine did it when he switched to the Broncos.
 
Well done Wests Tigers 👏 I couldn't be more stoked for Benji... to see him finally get his man.
IDC about the others players who knocked us back. It is what it is.
Personally thought Jarome's nervousness shows that he knows what to expect coming to the Tigers, anyone who doesn't let this get in the way of their decision has my respect. We're a tough gig.

Don't see his name mentioned much but believe John Morris will be a real asset for Benji and will be great for implementing his game plans and further developing the team.

Exciting times ahead. Now we just need Richo to stay on long term. This should be next on the agenda IMO.
 
I'm glad if they did, I hate seeing players in another team's jersey when they're still contracted and playing for another team. It's disloyal and disrespectful. Benji did it when he switched to Auckland and Mundine did it when he switched to the Broncos.
Seems we still have a lot to learn, was surprised to see that even if photo shopped
 
Back
Top