OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

I don’t think he sprayed him, if he did, he’s an idiot.
I think he fired him up to defend his mistake and Lindsay did.
There was an article through the week about a similar incident from last week. It quoted three out of the four words Luia said to his teammate as swear words.

I obviously don’t know what he said to Smith but their standards are their standards and that’s why they win.
 
There was an article through the week about a similar incident from last week. It quoted three out of the four words Luia said to his teammate as swear words.

I obviously don’t know what he said to Smith but their standards are their standards and that’s why they win.
There’s a fine line between leadership and abuse.
Look, hand on heart, I really do not like Jarome Luai as a player. I think he is a jumped up wanker who blames everyone around him when things go wrong…very much like Moses who coincidently, I very much dislike as well.
I understand their standards are high and he helped build them, but at the end of the day, a spray is not required when you are leading with 2 minutes left in a GF.
If that’s what he did, I don’t think it was by the way, then he is a dickhead.
 
There’s a fine line between leadership and abuse.
Look, hand on heart, I really do not like Jarome Luai as a player. I think he is a jumped up wanker who blames everyone around him when things go wrong…very much like Moses who coincidently, I very much dislike as well.
I understand their standards are high and he helped build them, but at the end of the day, a spray is not required when you are leading with 2 minutes left in a GF.
If that’s what he did, I don’t think it was by the way, then he is a dickhead.
It was a really lazy play on tackle one from Smith and I think Luai just reminded him the job wasn’t finished, in no uncertain terms.

I’m all for that.

I have concerns about how his attitude may not mesh with our culture. But it’s our culture that needs to change.
 
It was only a few weeks ago they stole a game from Parra. His head had not turned to celebration at that point in my opinion.
Alright, let’s put this into context. You’re talking about a guy who has won multiple premierships and won an origin series, where he was the one who turned the decider. Do you really think with two minutes to go, when they are up by 2 scores with the opposition coming off their own line that he would turn to water? If they were up 2 points I could see where maybe this might be a possibility, or if Smith dropped it coming off his own line. But the game was done. They weren’t going to go 100m and back again in less than 2 mins. And btw, i‘m not saying it was “hey man, forget it. We’ve already won. Let’s party”. It was a “Dude, chill. Forget about it. We’re almost there”.
 
NRL 2024: 'The Penrith Panthers tough love that has Bulldogs junior Paul Alamoti 80 minutes away from a premiership
Panthers young gun Paul Alamoti has praised Jarome Luai for helping turning his NRL career around, crediting some of the five-eighth’s savage sprays for turning him into a grand final player"
The sprays might be something our players will need to get use to.
 
You spray players during the year, you spray them at training, occasionally during games.
You DO NOT spray during the final moments of a GF. That is not leadership.

BTW…I don’t think he did spray him as I said earlier.
 
Back
Top