OFFICIAL Jarome Luai - #295

The timing of the leak is excellent, leading into Xmas before Luai arrives.

Negging things and then hopefully rebuilding the faith.

Would've been a nightmare during the season after a loss or two, perhaps with other negotiations (Galvin ) going on.

My guess it was Shane who leaked it.
 
The timing of the leak is excellent, leading into Xmas before Luai arrives.

Negging things and then hopefully rebuilding the faith.

Would've been a nightmare during the season after a loss or two, perhaps with other negotiations (Galvin ) going on.

My guess it was Shane who leaked it.
If it was Richo who leaked it then it would've come from Brent Read. I do remember two certain individuals being close with Michael Chammas & used to constantly leak things to him however. Days after Richo gloated that we have replaced all the sponsors with bigger & better deals and how 8/8 players agreed to his negotiations.
 
If it was Richo who leaked it then it would've come from Brent Read. I do remember two certain individuals being close with Michael Chammas & used to constantly leak things to him however. Days after Richo gloated that we have replaced all the sponsors with bigger & better deals and how 8/8 players agreed to his negotiations.
How would those two individuals know what was finally agreed to?

We will never be sure. But it would've come out eventually and any other time would've been worse.......for the club and management. Any other time would've been disastrous really.

If I were looking to get this out of the way before Luai arrives putting a tad of pressure on him I'd do it now.

But if I was looking to sabotage the club and its CEO I'd do mid year.

The CEO has ample opportunity over the holidays to up the vibe.

It could've been just lucky timing I suppose.
 
Last edited:
It’s different to the Stefano situation. Stefano was left in a position were he could manipulate his way of the club through poor performance. Even if it was only subconsciously happening.

Luai’s clause is black and white.
What exactly are the reasons he may use this clause?
A. Set amount of wins?
The club making the finals?
Are they set in stone or is it fluid?
 
While this revaluation about Luai's clauses is disappointing, ask yourself this.....would you have him here with these clauses, or not here at all?

I don't blame Luai for having these clauses. The club has been the all time embarrassing joke of a sporting organisation. Probably the biggest joke is world sport.

I do believe though, that if we get our crap together, Luai has the integrity to wipe clauses in year 3, 4, and 5. IMO he will hold up his end of the bargain. If we deliver our end, he will stay.
 
If Luai really wanted out of the contract (without a clause) - he’d get out anyway.
We just gotta improve, win more than we lose and keep the team on an upward trajectory.

100% this.

The other thing to keep in mind, this was leaked after all the recent signings. Normally it would’ve been straight after Romey signed which would’ve likely impacted any future signings. It’s not ideal but we got him, above everyone else, and he seems very committed to bringing a winning culture here.
 
We'll see.
I think he knows damn well it was mostly Nathan
Yeah, I'm certainly not discounting Cleary's role in Penrith's rise & success. He's a great player with so much time left to achieve even more. Amazing what he's already achieved.
I would've been happy with either Cleary or Luai at WT!!
 
While this revaluation about Luai's clauses is disappointing, ask yourself this.....would you have him here with these clauses, or not here at all?

I don't blame Luai for having these clauses. The club has been the all time embarrassing joke of a sporting organisation. Probably the biggest joke is world sport.

I do believe though, that if we get our crap together, Luai has the integrity to wipe clauses in year 3, 4, and 5. IMO he will hold up his end of the bargain. If we deliver our end, he will stay.

Kempy & Sandor concur. It's a shit go, but who cares,
we got our man. We got all of our targets in fact...

19:41 secs

 
The timing of the leak is excellent, leading into Xmas before Luai arrives.

Negging things and then hopefully rebuilding the faith.

Would've been a nightmare during the season after a loss or two, perhaps with other negotiations (Galvin ) going on.

My guess it was Shane who leaked it.
I hate to say it, but the stop and start of the leaks correlated with the change in the board. Everything I have seen so far would have visibility from the board.

- Major player contract with Luai
- John Bateman Situation
- Disciplinary players to front the board

One constant over the many, many years has been a certain HBG rep on the board. Correlation or causation?

Who ever it is, I don't think it's a "bring down the club thing". I think it's ego.
 
I hate to say it, but the stop and start of the leaks correlated with the change in the board. Everything I have seen so far would have visibility from the board.

- Major player contract with Luai
- John Bateman Situation
- Disciplinary players to front the board

One constant over the many, many years has been a certain HBG rep on the board. Correlation or causation?

Who ever it is, I don't think it's a "bring down the club thing". I think it's ego.

Again, It's just speculation however they type and timing of the leaks have changed.

They seemed to be managed.

And I think Dennis is an unfair target.........not to say we shouldn't add to our skills.

But Baz was on before, what did he bring?

What is even expected?

Sure an Easts board would be nice but you won't find that at a recruitment agency.
 

Staff online

Back
Top