Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
panthers fans are extremely defensive and think they are perfect. The 1.4 million number that was put out by their CEO was intentionally made up to make their offer more reasonable to the fans. Also, they defended Ivan's disrespectful comments on Luai whether you agree or not. They're delusional and think their club can do no wrong
Well they do win a lot of football games, it brings certain perks for your mindset. You could argue they are the total opposite of us.

Reactions: BZN
And we’re absolutely certain he’s coming to us!
Well, absolutely is a massive leap when dealing with human beings who can always change their mind but I'm more certain he's wants to be here rather than the dogs......or Penrith .

Been confident that there has been a willingness for a while.

Reactions: BZN
Well, absolutely is a massive leap when dealing with human beings who can always change their mind but I'm more certain he's wants to be here rather than the dogs......or Penrith .

Been confident that there has been a willingness for a while.

🤞🤞🤞🤞

Personally Im a little disappointed with Luai's stance atm re not training.He has a contract for 2024 which he shld honor IMO...NRL players and managers need to understand this,and it needs to be enforced
My guess is either us (but most probably the Dogs who have absolutely zero scruples) have offered to start his new "deal"at $1.1/$1.2mill effective immediately,enticing him to switch now..hence the behaviour.Its an extra half mill in his pocket this season
Panthers have been great for Luai and he owes them 2024 as per his contract and if unavailable with zero notice potentially derails their opportunity for another title,
The only reason for Panthers wld him go early is if his shoulder injury is gonna sideline him for a chunk of 24...
Not feeling as good as I shld re Luai
I think there is more to the story about him not training than meets the eye. I think he has been upset since Ivan’s comments to the press.
If some how he does leave the panthers early I won’t feel any pity for them, I haven’t forgotten how they had no issue taking our coach who was also under contract.
For some reason I think if he has signed with us or agreed to terms with us, he will honour it. I just don’t see him as a person that would go back on his word, I think his word is important to him.
As for him owing the panthers, I think he has done a lot for the panthers, it’s time for him to do what he thinks is best for him & his young family.
I think we have him, which season we get him remains to be seen but I don’t see the sense in any club keeping a player that isn’t happy to be there.

I think there is more to the story about him not training than meets the eye. I think he has been upset since Ivan’s comments to the press.
If some how he does leave the panthers early I won’t feel any pity for them, I haven’t forgotten how they had no issue taking our coach who was also under contract.
For some reason I think if he has signed with us or agreed to terms with us, he will honour it. I just don’t see him as a person that would go back on his word, I think his word is important to him.
As for him owing the panthers, I think he has done a lot for the panthers, it’s time for him to do what he thinks is best for him & his young family.
I think we have him, which season we get him remains to be seen but I don’t see the sense in any club keeping a player that isn’t happy to be there.
I don’t agree, pamfers have had this policy for sometime now. We are the weak team that buckles at any players request to leave. Although Cleary is a massive tool, it was us that let him leave. That’s on us!
I hope we change our stance and hold players/coaches to their contract in the future.

Personally Im a little disappointed with Luai's stance atm re not training.He has a contract for 2024 which he shld honor IMO...NRL players and managers need to understand this,and it needs to be enforced
My guess is either us (but most probably the Dogs who have absolutely zero scruples) have offered to start his new "deal"at $1.1/$1.2mill effective immediately,enticing him to switch now..hence the behaviour.Its an extra half mill in his pocket this season
Panthers have been great for Luai and he owes them 2024 as per his contract and if unavailable with zero notice potentially derails their opportunity for another title,
The only reason for Panthers wld him go early is if his shoulder injury is gonna sideline him for a chunk of 24...
Not feeling as good as I shld re Luai

Nothing to.it this stuff happens... Must be a bit stressful for. Him at the moment, he requested a week off at a time that's not crucial, his club responded positively letting him get his head together.
Respect all round sometimes things pop up we just gotta take a break from it all

Apologies if already posted:

Former NSW coach Brad Fittler backs Jarome Luai to make Wests Tigers move a success

Former NSW coach Brad Fittler believes Jarome Luai doesn't need to replicate Nathan Cleary's play to justify his $1.2 million price tag with the Wests Tigers.

The reason? Tigers hooker Apisai Koroisau.

Having handed Luai his Origin debut, Fittler believes on top of having the creative hooker by his side, Luai's attitude in general means he can make the move to Wests a success.

"I think [Luai] thrives on people suggesting he can't do something," Fittler told The Sydney Morning Herald. "I'd suggest he'll find a way to do it. He puts up with a lot, Jarome, and he seems to have that ability to use it to push himself.

"And with Nathan Cleary, he obviously brings a lot of the traditional halfback play while Daly Cherry-Evans, Jahrome Hughes, Sam Walker, they bring a different [style], don't they?

"You do have to tick certain game management boxes but as long as your playmaking spine, between the three of you, has them covered, there's no reason why [Luai] couldn't be a halfback.

"If you look at Api in particular, so much of their game is played off him, and he can do what it might take other teams two players to do, that freeing-the-ruck-up side of things. Api can do that pretty much on his own.

"I think it's about having a group or a spine of players to get those basics right more than just one player."

Even though Penrith coach Ivan Cleary questioned Luai's playmaking credentials in warning rival clubs from signing him, he was the chief playmaker at last year's World Cup, steering the island nation to a final against the Kangaroos.

Fittler said having Marshall as his coach will also benefit Luai, with the Tigers coach growing into the playmaker role as his career progressed.

"Benji did it himself, didn't he?" Fittler added. "Benji wasn't a traditional halfback, but he ended up playing h loalfback his way.

"Some of Benji's best footy was at the end [of his career] and he was playing a completely different role. He's a great example of the possibilities here. And again, Jarome's just never had that responsibility. So I think there's a lot of just assuming he can't do it, just because he's never had to.

"And Jarome does have a really nice [long] kick on him. Maybe not as far as Nathan Cleary. Traditionally, that kicking game is the halfback's job, and I'm sure [Luai] could do it. He's had arguably the best teacher right there too by playing next to [Cleary], one of the best at it".

Last edited:
Apologies if already posted:

Former NSW coach Brad Fittler backs Jarome Luai to make Wests Tigers move a success

Former NSW coach Brad Fittler believes Jarome Luai doesn't need to replicate Nathan Cleary's play to justify his $1.2 million price tag with the Wests Tigers.

The reason? Tigers hooker Apisai Koroisau.

Having handed Luai his Origin debut, Fittler believes on top of having the creative hooker by his side, Luai's attitude in general means he can make the move to Wests a success.

"I think [Luai] thrives on people suggesting he can't do something," Fittler told The Sydney Morning Herald. "I'd suggest he'll find a way to do it. He puts up with a lot, Jarome, and he seems to have that ability to use it to push himself.

"And with Nathan Cleary, he obviously brings a lot of the traditional halfback play while Daly Cherry-Evans, Jahrome Hughes, Sam Walker, they bring a different [style], don't they?

"You do have to tick certain game management boxes but as long as your playmaking spine, between the three of you, has them covered, there's no reason why [Luai] couldn't be a halfback.

"If you look at Api in particular, so much of their game is played off him, and he can do what it might take other teams two players to do, that freeing-the-ruck-up side of things. Api can do that pretty much on his own.

"I think it's about having a group or a spine of players to get those basics right more than just one player."

Even though Penrith coach Ivan Cleary questioned Luai's playmaking credentials in warning rival clubs from signing him, he was the chief playmaker at last year's World Cup, steering the island nation to a final against the Kangaroos.

Fittler said having Marshall as his coach will also benefit Luai, with the Tigers coach growing into the playmaker role as his career progressed.

"Benji did it himself, didn't he?" Fittler added. "Benji wasn't a traditional halfback, but he ended up playing h loalfback his way.

"Some of Benji's best footy was at the end [of his career] and he was playing a completely different role. He's a great example of the possibilities here. And again, Jarome's just never had that responsibility. So I think there's a lot of just assuming he can't do it, just because he's never had to.

"And Jarome does have a really nice [long] kick on him. Maybe not as far as Nathan Cleary. Traditionally, that kicking game is the halfback's job, and I'm sure [Luai] could do it. He's had arguably the best teacher right there too by playing next to [Cleary], one of the best at it".
Never thought I’d say this, but keep talking Freddy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back