Jarome Luai

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember vaguely as well GNR. shame.
Hired gun mate, going for cheap. That's
media for you these days. It wasn't just a
hunch that he was in cahoots with Gus
2 I heard it from other people in the know.
NRL media eh, not many men of honour,
No more reporting or analysis. Tabloid
stuff these days. Anyway, it is what it is

Best fullback at the club 😉
Sheens said that as he shifted AD to fullback for than broncos game, shudder ...watching how slow ad was in cover from birds eye nose bleed seats at suncorp. That was painful. Wish we had bula in that game.

We’re optimistic’: Panthers prepared to up Luai offer to ward off Tigers​

Panthers officials are prepared to increase their offer to Jarome Luai of a contract longer than two years to ward off big-money interest from Wests Tigers.

Luai, along with superstar halfback Nathan Cleary, will be back on deck on Friday when he begins pre-season training with the premiers.

The race for the Luai’s signature has become the most talked-about story over the summer after the 26-year-old, three-time premiership winner was paid a personal visit by Tigers coach Benji Marshall, and last week met with Canterbury supremo Phil Gould.

There have been suggestions Luai wanted to make a call on his future for 2025 and beyond by the time he resumed training.

But Penrith chief executive of rugby league Matt Cameron said the club was happy to give Luai all the time he wanted. The Panthers’ offer is reportedly worth around $850,000 a season for two years – some $300,000 less per season than the offer on the table from the Tigers, which is for four years and includes the chance to play halfback.

A third year on the Panthers offer, which would take Luai through until the end of 2027 – the same year his good friend Cleary is up for renewal – might just be enough to convince him to stay put.

“We’ll get Jarome back in the building on Friday and pick up our conversation from there,” Cameron told this masthead.

We’ve been in constant dialogue with him. He spoke to the coach [Ivan Cleary] just last week. We’ve been 100 per cent transparent with him, and he’s been 100 per cent transparent with us as to what is going on.

We just want to get him back in the building, make sure his shoulder is OK, then talk about his contract. There’s no rush from us. This talk of him wanting to sort out his contract before returning to training has never come from us, so I can’t comment on that.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – we’re optimistic we’ll get a deal done with Jarome.

“It will not be all about the money. And we’ve got a pretty good track record of players recommitting to the club and taking a little less for the chance to pursue something pretty special.”

"Social media journalist" Haha gtfoh the troll

Have we though? Packer almost killed a dude, Cleary had no integrity, People claim Noffa is an ego maniac. Just to name a few examples.
I have no idea what join the dots you used on that one.

Luai has an ego yes.

The relevance to that word soup I can not see

Looks like we may have been played once again.
Hes won 3 premierships. Gping from two years to 3 makes little difference because they. Would have offered another year end of next year tp avoid both halves coming off at th3 same time.

Honestly think being halfback amd being the leader would be more enticing to someone whohas a point to prove.

Nothing to see here. Just two 9 employees
working in tandem. This is what I meant
earlier.. Mole is doing Gus' dirty work. As
evidenced by last week's bullshit article,
and then he doubles down being a smart
ass saying Pascoe is taking over the
negotiations with Luai. We do our best to
shoot ourselves in the foot but there are
elements out there that not only enjoy us
being down but also help destabilise us.

View attachment 8271
Head like a half sucked mango

Looks like we may have been played once again.
100% and it also looks like we just never learn...this has played out the exact same way as our negotiations with Latrell Mitchell and Mitchell Moses...This is why player managers use us to leverage a better deal for their client. We should just shut up about who we are pursuing and looking to offer a contract...Only engage the media AFTER the deal has been done and signed. I wonder if that recommendation is in the Holman Group report

How can you stop managers from leaking who they are talking to in relation to their players? The club has no power to stop them from talking and we know to do so is in their clients best interest. The only way that we will be a place players want to sign with is when we demonstrate we are getting closer to some on field success. Luai has already achieved more than most in the game, and money must now be a motivator, but if he can get both from Penrith his manager needed another club to throw plenty at him.

We’re optimistic’: Panthers prepared to up Luai offer to ward off Tigers​

Panthers officials are prepared to increase their offer to Jarome Luai of a contract longer than two years to ward off big-money interest from Wests Tigers.

Luai, along with superstar halfback Nathan Cleary, will be back on deck on Friday when he begins pre-season training with the premiers.

The race for the Luai’s signature has become the most talked-about story over the summer after the 26-year-old, three-time premiership winner was paid a personal visit by Tigers coach Benji Marshall, and last week met with Canterbury supremo Phil Gould.

There have been suggestions Luai wanted to make a call on his future for 2025 and beyond by the time he resumed training.

But Penrith chief executive of rugby league Matt Cameron said the club was happy to give Luai all the time he wanted. The Panthers’ offer is reportedly worth around $850,000 a season for two years – some $300,000 less per season than the offer on the table from the Tigers, which is for four years and includes the chance to play halfback.

A third year on the Panthers offer, which would take Luai through until the end of 2027 – the same year his good friend Cleary is up for renewal – might just be enough to convince him to stay put.

“We’ll get Jarome back in the building on Friday and pick up our conversation from there,” Cameron told this masthead.

We’ve been in constant dialogue with him. He spoke to the coach [Ivan Cleary] just last week. We’ve been 100 per cent transparent with him, and he’s been 100 per cent transparent with us as to what is going on.

We just want to get him back in the building, make sure his shoulder is OK, then talk about his contract. There’s no rush from us. This talk of him wanting to sort out his contract before returning to training has never come from us, so I can’t comment on that.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again – we’re optimistic we’ll get a deal done with Jarome.

“It will not be all about the money. And we’ve got a pretty good track record of players recommitting to the club and taking a little less for the chance to pursue something pretty special.”

If that article is to be believed it looks like Lee's "aggressive recruitment policy" is as useful as everything else that we have done.In the words of Blackadder goes to war it rhymes with" Clucking Bell"

If that article is to be believed it looks like Lee's "aggressive recruitment policy" is as useful as everything else that we have done.In the words of Blackadder goes to war it rhymes with" Clucking Bell"
Major rule of negotiation, always keep a little in reserve and never play your best cards on the opening hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back