Jason Cayless

Granto87

Hey guys, just posting some-thing i heard from a mate who is a Newcastle supporter who claims that they have made an aproach to the tigers to sign Cayless before the june 30 pending a medical.. Just wondering if any of you guys have heard this and if this is true?? Could explain how we afforded Mckinnon or is it just like most thing an untrue rumour??

He won't be missed at this stage, he's offered nothing so far.

no room for him anyway
if we carry a 4-forward bench

14 fifita
15 flanagan/fulton/dwyer
16 galloway/payten
17 moors

we're pretty spoilt for choice as it is

I had high hopes for him and he seemed to be getting back into the swin of things in the game before he got injured, but gee it's been disappointing. I was looking forward to having another Galloway-sized prop. He's as tall as Sauce, but looks as skinny as Hodgo.

I thought he could have turned out to be the forward leader we were hoping for but he hasn't shown very much at all. With Moors and Fifita performing at or above expectations, Cayless could be let go without leaving us too troubled.

Yep,hes done nothing other than block a space for a youngster(it was Fifitas spot he was taking earlier)…but Im not sure how much were paying him,& Im also not sure how much his injuries have impeded his performance to date.
In summary,if hes inexpensive & about to get injury free ,you just cant have too many props in yr team...if not both of the above,Knights can have him

@alexaki said:
<big>We don't need him his is not the best (he is junk) :ugeek:</big>

Junk?…I think that is a bit harsh for a guy who has played at the highest level.

Unfortunately Jason hasnt been the best for the Tigers, but he knows his way around a footy park...

What I meant to say is Jason Cayless has shown nothing when on the field..I reckon we have far better players in State Cups and U20s who could fill his spot…Look at Simon Dwyer I cant see him going back to Reggies and I believe the Schirnack brothers would be better options to Cayless. So if Newcastle want him, please take him(Cayless!!)...

@Granto87 said:
Hey guys, just posting some-thing i heard from a mate who is a Newcastle supporter who claims that they have made an aproach to the tigers to sign Cayless before the june 30 pending a medical.. Just wondering if any of you guys have heard this and if this is true?? Could explain how we afforded Mckinnon or is it just like most thing an untrue rumour??

Let him go. I am of the understanding that we did not pay anything for McKinnon (maybe match payments).

@magpiecol said:
@Granto87 said:

Let him go. I am of the understanding that we did not pay anything for McKinnon (maybe match payments).

That is true,Wade is costing us nothing,the Warriors are paying his wages this year,he had another year to go next year but he is letting that slide by backing himself to gain a new contract and play top flight footy,that is a win win for us.

He's looked tired, fat, soft and un-interested ever since coming to the Tigers. He's after a nice easy paycheck before retirement. He's taking us for a ride. If I was the Coach I'd punish the fat b*stard in the gym and on the training pitch until he was worthy of pulling on the Wests Tigers jersey…

@TIGERS said:
He's looked tired, fat, soft and un-interested ever since coming to the Tigers. He's after a nice easy paycheck before retirement. He's taking us for a ride. If I was the Coach I'd punish the fat b*stard in the gym and on the training pitch until he was worthy of pulling on the Wests Tigers jersey…

The guy is probably our cheapest player, you twit. I doubt his idea of a nice easy paycheck is the pittance he is on.

How about you go to the next fan day and call the ''fat bastard'' out, you internet tough guy.

Cayless was anything but fat,that was his problem he had lost a lot of his bulk while getting over some pretty serious injuries.

@supercoach said:
Cayless was anything but fat,that was his problem he had lost a lot of his bulk while getting over some pretty serious injuries.

Thats exactly his problem..he looks a meagre shadow of his former self,a legacy of chronic shoulder injuries.
Wld like to know his playing weight vs 5 years ago at his peak

Back