Joe Ofahengaue #240

Replacing anyone is difficult for us.

I don't think it's that bad.. We lost Luc and he is a gun. We replaced him fine. We replaced Liddle with Api. We have Klemmer, Stef, Pole and Twal as props.

We've struggled though with spine players and outside backs for a long time. We've tried heaps of options in the halves and at fullback that haven't worked well enough and we've only last season got Api on board.

Not really....
I was comparing those calling shenanigans here about Selling Joe for Klemmer,
But are happy to sell Brooks for the likes of Wakeham, Madden or Kyle Flanagan...

Clubs a joke for Trading Up, And also a joke for not trading down...
All in the same sentence...
Hard to argue with that.

the issue with Joe was the reported salary he was on for 2024 and 2025 approx 600k once we got klemmer Joe's role in the team at that price was redundant.

The club took an opportunity to move him on this year to a team in Parramatta that needed him for 2023 and were willing to take on his inflated 2024 and 2025 salary.

As for Seyfarth is is not on much for his contract so the club keeps him and likewise a team did not want seyfarth's services for 2023

Strange that Parra can pay Junior Paulo AND Joe….?

And Moses, Brown, Gutho etc..

The problem for us fans we see a glimmer of hope one week and then its shattered the next with no positive news to replace the gloom. I was surprised we let Joe go, but since that last game of his we seem to have reverted to SNAFU and despite the injuries to key players its quite plain to see that talk of moving other players on is being reflected in how the team is reacting on field. We need a player whisperer these days

Mate, I agree it's too much coin but they signed him a few months earlier! Pascoe, lee, Sheens etc... Would have all known the details, so either way they fuel the perception that they are incompetent.
we then managed to get klemmer released from Newcastle so we didn't need Joe anymore to partner stef

Said it at the time, the decision to let him go mid-season without a replacement was nuts.

If players were lining up to come here, then sure, financially it might make sense - but they are not, and we surely are not attracting players better than Joe at the moment. And that's not speaking highly of Joe, who is a decent player and offers valuable experience.

Whoever made the decision to offload Joe should be similarly offloaded. One of the many things this club lacks is players with passion. Joe seemed to have a passion overload for WT (Lord knows why). It's getting harder and harder to support this club.
Well it was on "Warren McDonnell"'s watch.

That said I am near certain that Joe O's deal had about Zero to do with it.

I don't get why Twal and Joe O were starting from the Bench. Twal though has turned into Bench impact which is good. IMHO I would have thought Paps or someone else could offer bench oomph.

I really don't get offloading Joe O culture wise. He seemed to be with it and a keeper.
I do get doing a cleanout after we have had so SO many losses. Our players are used to loosing. We need people to bleed a little more, try that extra mile. Hey I get Joe O has been a performer, were also 17th.

Meh, lets see who comes here. I seriously hope for an upgrade.

Fox reporting Joe didn't want to go .I didn't want him to go . Who did ?
Was this another Pascoe move . Our depth sucks .By the way Fulton has he recruited anyone yet ?
There were plenty of rumours about him and Benji not getting along. Every new piece of information only furthers my belief that the rumours were accurate.

Latest posts

Members online

Back