Joe Ofahengaue #240

Good to have him back ! Shined like a diamond in a pile of sh*t this year, turned up every game and put in ! Shows an attitude that actually cares about the result every weekend, he will be a good mentor for the young ones coming through, you need these types of players.

Last year Adam Reynolds identified 3 Tigers players Souths need to shut down to win, Twal, Brooks and Joffa. Said Joffa hits hard and plays hard. Both he and Brooks are highly regarded by other teams. At 26 years of age, this is a great signing. His best is the next 3 years.

In 2022 Joffa played 24 games in 22, averaging over 63 minutes per game.

His per game averages were:

13 runs for 104m.
1.7 tackle breaks and 1.25 offloads.
32.25 tackles and 2.9 missed.

He's the only player to start all 24 games this year with Musgrove (17 starts, 7 bench) the only other player to avoid the injury bug in ‘22.

Also joins David Nofoaluma, Brent Naden, Isaiah Papali’i, Api Koroisau (Mutual Option), Justin Matamua (Club Option) and Stefano Utoikamanu (Mutual Option) as players with contracts/contract options for Benji’s first year as head coach.

Jof definitely won’t be the 13 under Benji. Said a few weeks ago they spoke when seeing each other around the club and Jof was told he should be running hard and straight and forgetting trying to be a ball player because he isn’t one.

He's no Haas or Cam Murray but if the rest of our squad played with as much effort/intent as Joe, we'd be in a much better position.

Insane stats all things considered

He’s a gun

Good news tigers fans

I was hoping a few weeks ago that the club would re-sign him, as he's been our most consistent high performer all season, but I heard the Dolphins were chasing him or he wanted to go back to Qld. Gives me some hope that we're not letting the good players go now. He's pretty much the only 1 that deserves an extension.

As stated the other night, Joffa has performed so well this year in a putrid team, that he has returned results putting him in the top 10 of the competition for most tackles and most runs. With a bit of talent around him, he could hit top 5 in the coming years and return to rep footy.
Congrats Joe, I’m very encouraged that you have decided to stick around and help us out of this quicksand we have been stuck in for 11 years. Bravo!

As stated the other night, Joffa has performed so well this year in a putrid team, that he has returned results putting him in the top 10 of the competition for most tackles and most runs. With a bit of talent around him, he could hit top 5 in the coming years and return to rep footy.
Congrats Joe, I’m very encouraged that you have decided to stick around and help us out of this quicksand we have been stuck in for 11 years. Bravo!

100% and he is 26, traditionally the good props go to another level when they are 28-30.

Hopefully a good off season to prime his body for prop & will partner Stefano brilliantly well.

Really happy to see Joffa commit and some good news after a tough season for us fans.

Hopefully this is signs of positive things to come leading into next season.

Last year Adam Reynolds identified 3 Tigers players Souths need to shut down to win, Twal, Brooks and Joffa. Said Joffa hits hard and plays hard. Both he and Brooks are highly regarded by other teams. At 26 years of age, this is a great signing. His best is the next 3 years.
Shut down Twal? Yeah his massive sidestep and blistering pace is something that needs to be shut down 🤔😂

Definitely a priority signing ticked. Very glad Joff has stuck with us.
Now we need to sign Hastings and sort out AD, Laurie and Brooks one way or the other. Once that’s done we’ll have a core group to build on and a chance to fill out our squad with 3-4 new starting 17 type quality strong NRL players. Guys who want to win every confrontation in every minute of every game. If we can find these players to add to our group we will have something to cheer about in coming seasons.

Definitely a priority signing ticked. Very glad Joff has stuck with us.
Now we need to sign Hastings and sort out AD, Laurie and Brooks one way or the other. Once that’s done we’ll have a core group to build on and a chance to fill out our squad with 3-4 new starting 17 type quality strong NRL players. Guys who want to win every confrontation in every minute of every game. If we can find these players to add to our group we will have something to cheer about in coming seasons.
I don't think Joffa would have resigned if he thought his next tenure is going to be like the last one.
I hope the spin they gave him was a realistic one and we can get through this mess.

It's funny that we as fans feel positive when a player who you respect puts money where their mouth is. He must see something that we don't to commit like this. I kinda hope that he hasn't done it out of blind loyalty and he actually feels that this club will see better days.

Latest posts

Members online

Back