Joe Ofahengaue #240

Heino won a GF with sharks after he left us.

Would be interested to know the exact reason for Gibbs hate on Flanagan
Could be wrong but I thought I read somewhere that Flanagan forced Gibbs to play injured and that basically ended his career. Although as I said my memory often plays tricks on me so might be 100% wrong

Heighno was great for the Sharks. Flannagan got rid of the shimmy steps he use to take when he ran the ball and he became a very important cog in their premiership winning side.

Heighno was past his best and not in the clubs plans moving forward - I remember Halatau saying he changed his DOB on Wikipedia to get contract extensions...
Beau Ryan (Super tight with Heighno) Threw his arse in the corner cause Heighno wasn't getting extended and left because of that alone...
The others were here nor there - I loved Gibbo, But he was hardly Shane Webke...

Fifita was mostly cold before he left, And was blasted by the Sharks fans in his first year there...
Certainly came on after that though.
1685374412705.png

Watched the ask the boss with Chairman Lee , seems like it was our choice to move Joe on , Lee said it broke his heart , seems we may be doing something in the back , but they did say upgrades for the kids coming up so maybe the likes of Bulla , Pole , Stef , Star , Matta , James , etc will need top ups to lock them in for min 3 years maybe 4 , any way , Call,was made and we move on ( Xmas in July could bring say Hunt and Best to us ) that be nice mid year prezzy

I thought Heino was our ultimate clubman...did all the 1% stuff

Except dive on a ball that cost us a premiership IMO.

I always thought Heighno was a stat man, he did nothing hit ups just to get his numbers up. Was often lazy on the inside defensively, but because his numbers were big (but ineffective), he gave the impression of a great worker. Ordinary player.

I always thought Heighno was a stat man, he did nothing hit ups just to get his numbers up. Was often lazy on the inside defensively, but because his numbers were big (but ineffective), he gave the impression of a great worker. Ordinary player.
He started really well, and I loved him early on, but he had a couple of average years prior to leaving. I was disappointed but could understand why.

Watched the ask the boss with Chairman Lee , seems like it was our choice to move Joe on , Lee said it broke his heart , seems we may be doing something in the back , but they did say upgrades for the kids coming up so maybe the likes of Bulla , Pole , Stef , Star , Matta , James , etc will need top ups to lock them in for min 3 years maybe 4 , any way , Call,was made and we move on ( Xmas in July could bring say Hunt and Best to us ) that be nice mid year prezzy
I don't see any upside in recruiting Best. Feledy looks to be making good progress in the lower grades and I'd like for him to compete for a centre position in our NRL team next year.

"Our choice." Let's just hope Fulton and Sheens are on the same page and Lee hasnt created a power struggle by appointing Fulton with out Sheens knowledge. Joe was signed less than a season ago by Sheens/Benji now out the door with Fultons arrival and talks of raiding Manly. All coaches have to be working in collaboration with their recruitment manager and Fultons obsession with Manly is really not something we need to buying into. Lee needs to back one of them if they butt heads over recruitment and retention.

"Our choice." Let's just hope Fulton and Sheens are on the same page and Lee hasnt created a power struggle by appointing Fulton with out Sheens knowledge. Joe was signed less than a season ago by Sheens/Benji now out the door with Fultons arrival and talks of raiding Manly. All coaches have to be working in collaboration with their recruitment manager and Fultons obsession with Manly is really not something we need to buying into. Lee needs to back one of them if they butt heads over recruitment and retention.
More likely Blacktown.

Agree.

I never rated him either.
Seems like an alright guy but very ineffective on field.

yeah but he could oragnise a really good lunch

always look on the bright side of life..

Agree.

I never rated him either.
Seems like an alright guy but very ineffective on field.
Really? he had a long, successful career at clubs with very strong teams and was always an almost automatic selection for most of that time … hard to see him achieving this if he was as ordinary a player as you 2 feel.. I remember him as a very reliable , switched on team player that did a lot of stuff for the team that often goes unnoticed and unappreciated by the stats but not by the fellow players.

Staff online

Back