John Bateman #268

What a piss weak response, it’s the club’s fault for weighing so long to register the bloke , and the club has no idea how long it will take , how about saying u have tried checking all the avenues. If he’s still sitting in England in round 3-6 the club is really going to look like FOOLS AGAIN
Slow down folks.l and take a deep breath,
We don’t know the exact timeline for all these reports etc so I think it was a positive step for Lee to at least address the issue. I’m sure everybody working as hard and as fast as they can to get this sorted.
We can relive the excitement of his arrival all over again.

Can I ask a weird question

Did Bateman get into any strife when he was here with Canberra or even back in England ??

Something is telling me he did something at Canberra ...not sure why

Maybe something has delayed his visa application
He had a bit of a back and forth with James Hooper.
The fact that Hooper claims to be a Tigers fan and that Bateman is a tiger makes me happy

John Bateman was forced to make a special appearance at the Wests Tigers season launch by zoom on Monday night as his return to Australia continues to be held up by a routine police check.
The Tigers and Bateman started the process of obtaining a visa months ago, at the time believing he would be free to take part in their pre-season.

However, they didn’t count on bureaucratic red tape slowing down the process, leaving him in danger of missing their opening premiership game against the Gold Coast in just over a fortnight.

It is understood the hold up relates to a standard $42 police check that is carried out by the Australian Federal Police on anyone who applies for a visa to enter the country.

John Bateman’s much anticipated move to the Tigers is being delayed by a routine police check. Picture: Getty Images.

John Bateman’s much anticipated move to the Tigers is being delayed by a routine police check. Picture: Getty Images.
Bateman and the Tigers believed it would be a fait accompli but the process has been painstakingly slow – a note on AFP website says the system is currently experiencing delays in processing due to a number of factors outside their control.

Bateman has become collateral damage and as a result, so have the Tigers’ hopes of making a fast start to the season. The English international has been training on his own in England and the Tigers have attempted to mitigate the damage by sending him video footage of their sessions to help ensure he remains up to speed.

However, sources at the club suggest he is no certainty to play in round one even if he is able to secure a visa in the next week or two.

It may be that he is used off the interchange bench in the opening rounds to help him acclimatise and get back up to speed with the NRL.

Bateman was forced to join the Tigers’ season launch via Zoom while he remains stuck in the UK.

Bateman was forced to join the Tigers’ season launch via Zoom while he remains stuck in the UK.
Bateman looked unperturbed as he appeared on the big screen at the Tigers’ launch this week, insisting he couldn’t wait to get back to Sydney and join forces with his new teammates.

“Just looking forward to getting over there,” Bateman said.

“I have waited a while now. Just looking forward to get over there and meeting the players, all the staff and all the fans.”

Meanwhile, Tigers freshly-minted captain Api Koroisau is set to be sidelined for the club’ s final trial this weekend as he deals with a calf injury.

Koroisau was christened as the Tigers new skipper on Monday night, having been voted into the role by the club’s football staff and his teammates.

John Bateman was forced to make a special appearance at the Wests Tigers season launch by zoom on Monday night

'forced' pitiful journos man.. they won't
get off our case and stop baiting the
fanbase until we start winning games

'forced' pitiful journos man.. they won't
get off our case and stop baiting the
fanbase until we start winning games

We could win every game and that would not stop the agenda from Slothfield and the other assorted morons at Murdochs regime.Slothfield is all about protecting the sharks so they will not be moved so we will always be in his sights

John will arrive when he can we need to stop worrying about media crap , it’s there to get under your skin and get clicks , we win games we shut them up , positive thinking means don’t read their shit articles

John Bateman was forced to make a special appearance at the Wests Tigers season launch by zoom on Monday night as his return to Australia continues to be held up by a routine police check.
The Tigers and Bateman started the process of obtaining a visa months ago, at the time believing he would be free to take part in their pre-season.

However, they didn’t count on bureaucratic red tape slowing down the process, leaving him in danger of missing their opening premiership game against the Gold Coast in just over a fortnight.

It is understood the hold up relates to a standard $42 police check that is carried out by the Australian Federal Police on anyone who applies for a visa to enter the country.

Bateman and the Tigers believed it would be a fait accompli but the process has been painstakingly slow – a note on AFP website says the system is currently experiencing delays in processing due to a number of factors outside their control.

Bateman has become collateral damage and as a result, so have the Tigers’ hopes of making a fast start to the season. The English international has been training on his own in England and the Tigers have attempted to mitigate the damage by sending him video footage of their sessions to help ensure he remains up to speed.

However, sources at the club suggest he is no certainty to play in round one even if he is able to secure a visa in the next week or two.

It may be that he is used off the interchange bench in the opening rounds to help him acclimatise and get back up to speed with the NRL.

Bateman looked unperturbed as he appeared on the big screen at the Tigers’ launch this week, insisting he couldn’t wait to get back to Sydney and join forces with his new teammates.

“Just looking forward to getting over there,” Bateman said.

“I have waited a while now. Just looking forward to get over there and meeting the players, all the staff and all the fans.”

Meanwhile, Tigers freshly-minted captain Api Koroisau is set to be sidelined for the club’ s final trial this weekend as he deals with a calf injury.

Koroisau was christened as the Tigers new skipper on Monday night, having been voted into the role by the club’s football staff and his teammates.
Thanks for the post mate 👍

How could they register a player that hadn't been released from his existing binding English contract?
Different jurisdictions could have been ok. But it could have been potentially done with a caveat "pending release". I do it all the time for work if there are time pressures.

The admin here missed the boat. All the documentation should have been ready to go or signed with caveats.

Honestly...I do not believe that story at all.

I personally know people who have come out on work visas recently who applied for the police check and had it in days. Literally.

There is absolutely no way that has caused a six week delay.

🤣🤣🤣"Koroisau was christened as the Tigers new skipper on Monday night, having been voted into the role by the club’s football staff and his teammates."
They obviously weren't listening when he said he didnt want the job.

Honestly...I do not believe that story at all.

I personally know people who have come out on work visas recently who applied for the police check and had it in days. Literally.

There is absolutely no way that has caused a six week delay.
I've had long delays on the police checks when employing people

I've had long delays on the police checks when employing people
True, but I personally know people who have had them done who applied later than Bateman.

For example...1000s of overseas students who returned to Aus. Their visas are for study, but include work permits. They need police checks first as part of the process.

I know of several who applied early Feb and got theirs back within days.

Back