John Bateman #268

We can’t go into the start off the season been one experienced forward down, after watching that rabble run around last week ,

I reckon we will be lucky to see him start by round 4 at this stage. Initially thought it would be round 2 but that was on him being here either last/this week.

Think your spot on Ink 2 maybe 3 pending how the A team is going
I heard he was training over there to put miles in his legs and lungs and he also asked if he could train with his old club,not sure but it could be good if he does...but as Ink said,match fitness is what's needed....

Heard a rumour today, no knowledge about how true it may/not be, that Bateman's visa has been approved but it his daughter's visa that is delayed.
Apparently some at the club believe he should come straight away and have his family join him when available, whilst others don't want to push him and happy to wait.
Not sure if this news really changes anything (if even true) as doubt he would travel before his daughter is approved.

Heard a rumour today, no knowledge about how true it may/not be, that Bateman's visa has been approved but it his daughter's visa that is delayed.
Apparently some at the club believe he should come straight away and have his family join him when available, whilst others don't want to push him and happy to wait.
Not sure if this news really changes anything (if even true) as doubt he would travel before his daughter is approved.
I’d say “one in, all in”, especially after his family issues last time. Can’t blame him although if it looked like dragging on too long the club might ask some questions of him.

Given we are selling ourselves as the family club if he wants to prioritize his family we will probably let him. Sucks but the timing of our family club push bites us here.

This has always been the case with the delayed arrival of John .. his 13 year old English born daughter to an English mother (John's ex) .. that John has sole custody of .. its a crazy case, its between Australian and English immigration authorities over a small but simply ruling .. one would assume that if John has sole custody of the child .. then the child is able to travel with John to Aust .. but English authorities have a different ruling and are therefore delaying the visa for immigration.

Meanwhile back in England John has kept busy by training his guts out and operating his own cleaning company (JBCleaning).

It’s a tough call , but if ur coping $700,000 I think u need to get out here asap , the daughter can follow , but I guess it depends on if she has someone there to look after her , then I think he has to stay , he stuck between a rock and a hard place

It’s a tough call , but if ur coping $700,000 I think u need to get out here asap , the daughter can follow , but I guess it depends on if she has someone there to look after her , then I think he has to stay , he stuck between a rock and a hard place

It’s tough as we have no idea outside looking in at the situation or what options are available especially when kids are involved. Bateman also has a history of complicated family setups (not saying in a bad way) which also would drive a thought process here no doubt.

Remember it took Sheens 6-9mths to get back here and a big part of that I thought was related to his wife (could be wrong).

The club under Sheens/Benji/Robbie have been advocating hard that they are now a family club I doubt we could even ask him to prioritize us over his family & because of that no doubt he will be getting paid out of our cap accordingly. Maybe there is an option though to go to the NRL and seek exclusion of a % of cash if needed from the cap if he takes alot longer than expected.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. High profile people can be expedited, regular people get stuck in the quagmire.

I wonder if he's getting paid while not in the country.

I wouldn't be surprised if that was the case. High profile people can be expedited, regular people get stuck in the quagmire.

I wonder if he's getting paid while not in the country.

Of course he would be,he is under contract to the club no matter where he is.

Just can’t believe that the club is not able to have this fixed up , vlandys would have contacts in the government, if this was the roooters or the storm or Brisbane this would have been fixed asap

Just can’t believe that the club is not able to have this fixed up , vlandys would have contacts in the government, if this was the roooters or the storm or Brisbane this would have been fixed asap
If the issue is at the Engish end, doesn't matter who PVL knows

Latest posts

Back