John Bateman #268

I snagged seats behind the tigers injured players at the dragons game earlier this year at Campbelltown

Noticeably Batemen was absolutely livid with how we were playing but all the younger guys I noticed were all happy and joyful (Galvin, Fainu and TDS)

He seems like a pretty emotional player and definitely shows in his performances when we are losing
Imo that’s how you should feel about losing, wear your heart on your sleeve.
Maybe the young ins were just thinking about their pay packets, win or lose !
Or maybe they are just happy at being there !

Imo that’s how you should feel about losing, wear your heart on your sleeve.
Maybe the young ins were just thinking about their pay packets, win or lose !
Or maybe they are just happy at being there !
It was a bit different seeing injured players body language. Batemen was jumping out of his seat and looked visibly pissed off with the way we were playing

definitely agree that the younger players are probably just happy to be playing 1st grade at present, I don’t reckon it’ll make them any less competitive when they are on the field though

It was a bit different seeing injured players body language. Batemen was jumping out of his seat and looked visibly pissed off with the way we were playing

definitely agree that the younger players are probably just happy to be playing 1st grade at present, I don’t reckon it’ll make them any less competitive when they are on the field though
Let’s hope so.

I'm in total disagreement regarding our attack I'm afraid. I think Bateman in the middle is really making life tough for our halves. His link play is shocking. It's so slow, predictable and his passes are clunky, often landing slightly behind the target rather then in front so the player can run on to it.

When you look at Bateman, on paper his skillset looks tailor made for a modern day lock. High workrate, good leg speed, skillful. However it just hasn't worked out like that for some reason. All the other middles, Pole, Seyfarth, Klemmer, even Twal have shown a better ability to engage the line and link up out the back with the halves. Bateman in the middle is killing our attack.
Fair enough, everyone sees things differently.
Our first try yesterday was the first time in recent memory we have stripped our opposition for numbers with crisp passing and all players in sync.

Fair enough, everyone sees things differently.
Our first try yesterday was the first time in recent memory we have stripped our opposition for numbers with crisp passing and all players in sync.

Yea and if you look at that try Bateman features as a decoy only. He doesn't touch the ball. I think that's significant.

I get increasingly annoyed that people see a team play one way, and therefore we all have to play the same way.

Currently the Panthers are the top team in the comp. And Yeo plays are particular style of game at #13.

That doesn't mean every team has to play the same way.

Expecting Bateman to be a ballplaying extra 5/8 simply because he wears #13 is dumb. Nothing in his career resume says he can replicate Yeo as a player. Why would we expect him to play the same way?

Bateman is at his best when he runs the gap between the A defender & the ruck. He's quick, nimble & can offload. Make him THAT guy. He ran it about 3-4 times like that- and it works. 10-15 metres, quick play of the ball- additional momentum.

With Samuela Fainu earning a backrow spot, #13 is Bateman's best spot now. He tackles everything in his way. Expecting him to be a ball playing organiser is just dumb. Use the skills each player brings.

If every player put in Bateman's effort every week, the Tigers would be better.

I'm in total disagreement regarding our attack I'm afraid. I think Bateman in the middle is really making life tough for our halves. His link play is shocking. It's so slow, predictable and his passes are clunky, often landing slightly behind the target rather then in front so the player can run on to it.

When you look at Bateman, on paper his skillset looks tailor made for a modern day lock. High workrate, good leg speed, skillful. However it just hasn't worked out like that for some reason. All the other middles, Pole, Seyfarth, Klemmer, even Twal have shown a better ability to engage the line and link up out the back with the halves. Bateman in the middle is killing our attack.
What is happening?! I usually ignore your posts and the complete shit written within, now im finding myself starting to agree with you. Bizarro world. :ROFLMAO:(y)

Latest posts

Members online

Back