John Bateman Archives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Bateman still has heaps to offer the NRL. He proved in his time here he can be the best second rower in the comp. Hopefully back in Aus he can turn the ESL form around. He doesn’t look like a big guy, but he just has a real awkward style of attack that creates things and breaks out of nothing.

One thing that caught my eye was during one of the England games. England won the match and in the background you can see Bateman going absolutely nuts in celebration. Grabbing all his teammates and just enjoying himself. He looks like a super competitor and if he can bring that passion to a jersey every week he’ll be successful. That’s infectious within a team environment and pride and effort for mine is the basis of every good footy team in my opinion.

You can still lose, but scrap until the end and most fans will never knock effort.

Not only behind them but with them. People don’t realise how many more options he’ll have when defenders need to honour a Papali’i or a Bateman out wide. Our second rowers have been bog average for years.

Got a few mates that play - Tips Sheets on the Tigers are pretty short they reckon.
Shut down Brooks, No one matters....

What does their records say?
Potter is a very good coach,he didnt get the chance to do what he wanted because of the Robbie affair,he did try his best for the team and club...
Taylor was never really suited to our club and his structures and personality didnt do us any favours...
Cleary is a premiership winning coach and very good mentor as shown by his results these last few years after leaving us...HE jumped ship,but you cant question his coaching ability....
Madge won premierships in the last few years,his tough style and recruitment didnt work out well for us,however he got the pathways back on track and also recruited 2 of the best players in 2022 for us in 2023 knowing what was needed after having to endure poor recruits from the previous coach and not having the cap space until he cleared the deck...
Sheens has a proven record,granted ,he also hasnt coached in the NRL for 10 years and has been sacked from several clubs during the last few years...
I also think you have to take into account the game has changed considerably since Sheens first started coaching and he will have to adapt to the new game,I think he can,but it is left to the results of his next couple of years with us..I also think he has a great knowledge of the game,however some of his team positional changes were questionable when he was last with us and maybe he has done a lot of homework since his last tenure with us..

Potter is a very good coach,he didnt get the chance to do what he wanted because of the Robbie affair,he did try his best for the team and club...
Taylor was never really suited to our club and his structures and personality didnt do us any favours...
Cleary is a premiership winning coach and very good mentor as shown by his results these last few years after leaving us...HE jumped ship,but you cant question his coaching ability....
Madge won premierships in the last few years,his tough style and recruitment didnt work out well for us,however he got the pathways back on track and also recruited 2 of the best players in 2022 for us in 2023 knowing what was needed after having to endure poor recruits from the previous coach and not having the cap space until he cleared the deck...
Sheens has a proven record,granted ,he also hasnt coached in the NRL for 10 years and has been sacked from several clubs during the last few years...
I also think you have to take into account the game has changed considerably since Sheens first started coaching and he will have to adapt to the new game,I think he can,but it is left to the results of his next couple of years with us..I also think he has a great knowledge of the game,however some of his team positional changes were questionable when he was last with us and maybe he has done a lot of homework since his last tenure with us..
Interesting summary.👌

Attaboy! (y)👏
You got to ac-cent-tchu-ate the positive
E-lim-i-nate the negative
And latch on to the affirmative
But don't mess with mister in between

Exactly what I have heard. Brooks is highly rated by opposition teams. I would take the judgement of NRL coaches and senior NRL players over the Brooks haters on here that's for sure.
Still doesn't explain why he doesn't revolve his game around his greatest strength KS ...if anything if he is getting targetted by opposition sides ...he is far better off playing to his strengths

Still doesn't explain why he doesn't revolve his game around his greatest strength KS ...if anything if he is getting targetted by opposition sides ...he is far better off playing to his strengths

Are you referring to his running game mate? If so, you have played enough to know you feel like your sinking if your forwards are being dominated. Very hard to run under those circumstances. Don't get me wrong, I definitely think Brooks has failed in many areas, just not to the unreasonable extent some on here believe.

Are you referring to his running game mate? If so, you have played enough to know you feel like your sinking if your forwards are being dominated. Very hard to run under those circumstances. Don't get me wrong, I definitely think Brooks has failed in many areas, just not to the unreasonable extent some on here believe.
I like your optimism (y)
But we have heard through the years a number of excuses:
- Moses is too dominant for Brooks;
- Farah overplays Brooks;
- Marshall overplays Brooks;
etc.
So, I hope that you are right, but based on the above, I would not hold my breath.

That's a long way to go about saying all of their records are inferior to Sheens....
Which on paper - they are.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Back