John Bateman Archives

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt think he looked for it much either.
He was a gun at Canberra, with his last year there being pretty miserable. He hasnt done much since.
I just hope we arent breaking the bank for him, he could spend most of his time here on his arse in rehab.
Maybe he was playing to the English coaches game plan , we don’t know

Reactions: 851
We need a #13

If the news is true regarding Brown Sauce though, that might be our man.

8 Klem
9 Api
10 Joffa
11 Papali'i
12 Bateman
13 Brown

14 Pole / Talau
15 Blore
16 Twal
17 Utoikamanu
I would expect Jake Simpkin to be somewhere in the 17.

Bateman was Mia in the 2nd.wc game... Forget against who... Did sfa.

I dunno how Farah is gunna help with the wrestle... He used to get pushed back 5m pretty much every tackle he made
Just having Marshall, Farah and Furner around the place is a big lift for the players especially the youth. All three were internationals and reading up on Furner he attended St Edmunds College and played Aust U17 and U21 Union. I think that is the same school Junior Tupou attended.

Just for the record I'm OK with either Bateman or Brown or both.... The fact both have question marks over personal aspects (form & fitness) says something.... I guess form can be reversed and to an extent fitness... None of us know how battered Brown really is.
I doubt either would be here more then two years

Just having Marshall, Farah and Furner around the place is a big lift for the players especially the youth. All three were internationals and reading up on Furner he attended St Edmunds College and played Aust U17 and U21 Union. I think that is the same school Junior Tupou attended.
Yes it is.. both were talented footballer / Union from St Edmunds College in Canberra. Here's one just for info .. Ricky "Sticky" Stuart was also a student from St Edmunds .. he later returned as the PE teacher there. There are a couple of current Wallaby players who also attended St Edmunds.

Just for the record I'm OK with either Bateman or Brown or both.... The fact both have question marks over personal aspects (form & fitness) says something.... I guess form can be reversed and to an extent fitness... None of us know how battered Brown really is.
I doubt either would be here more then two years
Question everything man.
It needs to be done.

Hopefully the ones at the top are asking these questions too before signing off on signings.

I’m ok with the Bateman signing. He was effective at Raiders who won 75% of their games with or without him.
We have had limits to our effectiveness in getting the play into opponents’ 20, and limitations once we get there.
At times we’ve looked like an under 8 team, pinning our hopes on a single player, too predictable.
Bateman is like Koroisau, Papali’i and Blore. Their eagerness to get the ball across the line alone is helpful to our attack.

Question everything man.
It needs to be done.

Hopefully the ones at the top are asking these questions too before signing off on signings.
I think Sheen’s said something like’ no one will be sign beyond 2025, as it will be Benji’s team.’
With both Bateman and Brown. It will be in the clubs interest to sign them for as short a deal as they are willing to expect.

It's all in the terms and conditions. Every player a club signs is a risk no matter who they are - but we need players so we have to roll the dice. Hopefully we have learned from the mess Cleary left and stick to two years max and on money that is based on form with some incentive, and not reputation from days gone by

I think Sheen’s said something like’ no one will be sign beyond 2025, as it will be Benji’s team.’
With both Bateman and Brown. It will be in the clubs interest to sign them for as short a deal as they are willing to expect.
I thought Sheens said...no player will be signed beyond 2024 without Marshall’s approval.?
And that makes sense.
If the relationship between coach and the playing group is imperative to the coach’s success, then why haven’t we synchronised the length of contracts (where possible) in the past? If the board sign a coach for 2 years, why in the name of our Heavenly Father, would the board sign off on contracts beyond 2 years?

I dunno how Farah is gunna help with the wrestle... He used to get pushed back 5m pretty much every tackle he made

Agreed....
Ball catcher only.
And that was after 2009 when he actually did learn to tackle somewhat.

Just on people on this forum , not wanting either brown or Bateman for what ever reason , please come forward with who the hell is left out there to sign , we got rid of 14 useless players most forwards , so please come up with some names that are available

I’m ok with the Bateman signing. He was effective at Raiders who won 75% of their games with or without him.
We have had limits to our effectiveness in getting the play into opponents’ 20, and limitations once we get there.
At times we’ve looked like an under 8 team, pinning our hopes on a single player, too predictable.
Bateman is like Koroisau, Papali’i and Blore. Their eagerness to get the ball across the line alone is helpful to our attack.

Agreed, scrappy lad. The way he cuts
from his edge into the middle on
occasion beating players with his
speed & tenacity is neat too. Provides
another good attacking option.
Especially when you have middles
who can ball play/distribute

Bateman was Mia in the 2nd.wc game... Forget against who... Did sfa.

But they are coached in a way that the first tackler makes the 'catch' - which is to go high and hold the attacking player and lock up the ball, whilst tackler 2 and 3 make the more effective tackle to put the player on the ground. Farah was always targeted as the player that had to make the catch. As a result he was always heading backwards after contact.
I'm not a fan of this coaching method. You never saw Gilly, Randall, Gillespie or some of the other great tacklers having to play under this system, and they were able to drop players 'dead'- on their own.

Agreed, scrappy lad. The way he cuts
from his edge into the middle on
occasion beating players with his
speed & tenacity is neat too. Provides
another good attacking option.
Especially when you have middles
who can ball play/distribute
I also like the way he can put in a 15mt grubber.

Watched a bit of his bloke in a bar interview couple of things I noticed sounds like it is difficult for most Australians to understand where Bateman has come from in terms of his tough upbringing. Seen a few comments where he come from was known to be tough and he himself mentioned upbringing was not normal.

Also heard him say how he hates to loose obviously most players would say that but think he must lead with his actions.

Think it's a good thing to have a winner mentality from someone that has not grown up with a golden spoon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back