John Dorahy joins Wests Tigers Board of Directors

Good point - it was all kept very hush hush. No doubt Buzz and Kent will find a negative to hammer us with.
buzz and Kent will say we didn't consult the ADF or something... geez didn't that hammering go quiet when Kent realised he might have been a bit out of line.
They will find something next week to get stuck into us about. Hopefully it is Bula has a blinder and potential franchise player in the making and they complain we have only extended him until 2025

Great player, nice guy and a feel good story. However, I can't see that the appointment of another ex player from the distant past making the slightest bit of difference to the club's fortunes.

Great player, nice guy and a feel good story. However, I can't see that the appointment of another ex player from the distant past making the slightest bit of difference to the club's fortunes.
Another ex player from the distant past? Who else on the board fits that description? Cook is right though, every board needs to be constantly changed and refreshed.

Awesome Joe Cool, top player and butcher man! Used to supply the best quality meat at those post match bbq’s at Lidcombe back in the day 👍

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
Yeah, cook was not the issue. We need to get rid of the musician and real estate agent first. God only knows what they offer to the board.

Good on Simon for trying to institute change through the most significant means available to him. Let's hope the real rot follows suit.
I think Rick Wayde is well past his “use by date” too

Last edited:
Spoke to Joe Cool one night at a Wests Magpies reunion. He said he never wanted to leave Wests. He was on about $15k a year and Manly offered him $30k. He went to Roy Masters and said he’d stay for $18k and Roy told him Wests couldn’t afford it and he should go to Manly. Reluctantly, he went.

Was Dorahy Magpies coach during 2006 when they threatened to become a feeder club of the Raiders?

Hopefully this is the first of many changes

I’m sorry but you cannot have some 1 on your board who choooses to walk around with this hair cut and be a successful club

Attachments

• B467A077-7588-4601-860D-014E95BD71F6.jpeg
    B467A077-7588-4601-860D-014E95BD71F6.jpeg
    598.7 KB · Views: 4
I recall as a kid regularly walking past his Lidcombe shop to catch a glimpse of him.
Made my day when I saw him through the window
His butcher shop was at the bottom of my street back then. I too used to walk past his butcher shop to catch a glimpse of the man back in the 70's. Wish him well in this new role. Lord knows when the cold wind blows that with him there that winning will not be so rare. Definately a blast from the past.

Hopefully this is the first of many changes

I’m sorry but you cannot have some 1 on your board who choooses to walk around with this hair cut and be a successful club
Not too much wrong with the haircut when you consider what else is out there, the problem is with what is going on in his head and that of his fellow board members.

Would probably be safe to say that at the very least some of them have flipped their wigs.

Not too much wrong with the haircut when you consider what else is out there, the problem is with what is going on in his head and that of his fellow board members.

Would probably be safe to say that at the very least some of them have flipped their wigs.
Yeah but what goes on in the head to decide to get a haircut like that at his age? Hahaha

Reactions: BZN
I don't get it, how did Pascoe and Lee let this happen?? A person that's actually competent now on the board.

My understanding is that Lee was baited out of the office with a bogus media appearance and someone told Pascoe that a new pallet of hats were ready for pick up at Botany.

Back