Junior Reps 2022

Faagutu was also named in the Courier Mail's Mal Meninga Cup team of the year. kid has talent. we're stacked with gun 13's throughout the junior grades, I'm confident at least a couple of them will become regular first graders.
Hopefully a few are versatile enough to play 2nd row/prop if they progress. Matamua, Guyan, Faagutu and Kit Laulili. All quality in their respective sides.

Faagutu was also named in the Courier Mail's Mal Meninga Cup team of the year. kid has talent. we're stacked with gun 13's throughout the junior grades, I'm confident at least a couple of them will become regular first graders.
Does anyone have the full article for the Meninga team of the year behind courier mail firewall?

Hopefully a few are versatile enough to play 2nd row/prop if they progress. Matamua, Guyan, Faagutu and Kit Laulili. All quality in their respective sides.
They all have very similar builds, not sure if that's a good thing or not. But all are short and stocky with chunky legs which gives them power

They all have very similar builds, not sure if that's a good thing or not. But all are short and stocky with chunky legs which gives them power
Yeah I feel Matamua could play as a skilful 2nd rower similar to a Schuster type as he moves through the grades. Probably the best ball playing option of the lot though and would be handy in the 13. A lot of time and developing to go through to work out how and where they fit into our sides.

Yeah I feel Matamua could play as a skilful 2nd rower similar to a Schuster type as he moves through the grades. Probably the best ball playing option of the lot though and would be handy in the 13. A lot of time and developing to go through to work out how and where they fit into our sides.
He has some skills for sure, played a fair bit of 5/8 over the years. But then so did Talau and none of that transferred to NRL. At least not yet

Can someone please explain to me how we go undefeated in Harold Matthews this season & only land 1 representative in the City U18 squad to play Country U18 (though 2 of our players did make the U16 City team)???

City U18: Jordan Miller (WM), Joshua Feledy (MWS)
City U16: Luke Laulilli (WM), Nathaniel Gallagher (WM)

Good to see a few from Macarthur WTs make the Country squads.

Can someone please explain to me how we go undefeated in Harold Matthews this season & only land 1 representative in the City U18 squad to play Country U18 (though 2 of our players did make the U16 City team)???

City U18: Jordan Miller (WM), Joshua Feledy (MWS)
City U16: Luke Laulilli (WM), Nathaniel Gallagher (WM)

Good to see a few from Macarthur WTs make the Country squads.

Matts is 17's now mate, I'd say that's the reason for it. you'll see a stack of our boys from Wests in the city 18's side from the Wests HM side this time next year hopefully.

Looks like loads of players from Macarthur Wests Tigers have been picked.

I don't fully understand the Andrew Johns Cup. What age and level is that comp?

President's Cup U/21 it's never been u/23,
U/23 used to be it's own competition played before reserve grade a good roughly 25 years ago, cause I use to play in it those days.

Reactions: BZN
Looks like loads of players from Macarthur Wests Tigers have been picked.

I don't fully understand the Andrew Johns Cup. What age and level is that comp?
Unless it's changed I believe Johns cup is U16 and Daley cup is U18 regional representative competition

Back