Junior Tupou #254

Well he is ahead of Junior Pauga ...but I'm not sure if that is a wrap on him or not

Train and trial for 23 ...not if any club will be rushing out to steal him off us
He's got 2 years left in his 3 year top 30 contract.

If Tupou knows the rules of the game he will be an improvement.

I wasn’t impressed when Joey Manu started in first grade. Now look at him.
The issue the club has with Tupou is that he is quiet as a mouse on the field....This is not good when defending, at either fullback or center.....They have tried to get him to be more vocal, but its not just his nature.....

I wasn’t impressed when Joey Manu started in first grade. Now look at him.

Really?
I remember when him and Latrell were coming through - No one was talking about Latrell, It was all about Joey.
That switched up a bit at some point - But he's always been exceptional quality....
My group of mates have been banging on about him forever.

I'd like to see him at centre inside of someone like Ngutlik. He has size, step, passing and pace but needs to work on his defence.
think that was the plan. read somewhere sheens put him at fullback because he was a little quiet on the field but long term was seen as a centre. he did ok on the wing, but seems like he offers more than that if he can put it all together. would love to see him in some space

he's probably best playing on the wing to begin with. incredibly talented but very quiet. needs to build his confidence before going into a position like centre or fullback.

played much better in 1st,a game in res he stood under the black dot watching ,it was against manly,???just being tutored in the fine art

he's definitely a winger for now, eventually maybe a centre. for 2023 he needs to be given a position and spend the whole off season and regular season playing there. and that should be winger. Let him settle into the grind of weekly footy.

Really?
I remember when him and Latrell were coming through - No one was talking about Latrell, It was all about Joey.
That switched up a bit at some point - But he's always been exceptional quality....
My group of mates have been banging on about him forever.
It was always about Latrell being the no 1 in the future. Even before whoever was playing fullback prior to Tedesco.

He's got 2 years left in his 3 year top 30 contract.

If Tupou knows the rules of the game he will be an improvement.
Was my point in regards to rules .....I would hope we could find a better winger ....not bad but not great either

easily the most exciting outside back prospect in the top 30 right now. brilliantly talented athlete who will benefit from Sheens and Marshall coaching him.
The stuff he did well was brilliant. The kind of stuff that is hard to coach.

The stuff he did bad were things like defensive positioning and taking bombs, things you can improve in by simply getting more reps in.

Back