Just Forfeit

getagrip

Most players aren't interested, coach is drained, supporters are fed up. Are you sick of making excuses for this rubbish? I have followed my team for over 50 years (Balmain then Wests Tigers NOT THAT THAT MATTERS). I wish that this season would just end. Being a
long term Tigers supporter I have seen tough times before but not the same as this. It is so depressing. Problem is that there is nothing to suggest next year will be any different.

@getagrip said:
Most players aren't interested, coach is drained, supporters are fed up. Are you sick of making excuses for this rubbish? I have followed my team for over 50 years (Balmain then Wests Tigers NOT THAT THAT MATTERS). I wish that this season would just end. Being a
long term Tigers supporter I have seen tough times before but not the same as this. It is so depressing. Problem is that there is nothing to suggest next year will be any different.

Getagrip the next two weeks we can look forward to Potter improving our game so we can get that little bit more closer to looking competitive. Next year Potter lands a new two year coaching contract with Wests tigers.

The username of the OP and the thread title go together like ham and cheese.

iam with you , totally embarrassed and I think ur right next year looks like heading the same way. we need a good clean out, I think keeping to many juniors is not the right way to go , since so many are so small and light weight. we need to bring in some muscle as well as a new coach and support staff, clean the lot out.
HATE TO SAY IT WE NEED BRAIN SMITH FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS, OR THIS CLUB IS DOMMED.

We need a new coach to come in and get rid of a few of our leaders in the squad the sad thing is mock potter is a good coach and a nice guy. But that's his downfall I reckon he's too nice for our club the tigers took him in and chewed the poor guy up and have potentially damaged any hope he had for his coaching career we need a coach to run the joint with an iron fist who's willing to look the players in the eye no matter who they are and tell them if they don't like it I'll lead you to the door

@liltiger said:
We need a new coach to come in and get rid of a few of our leaders in the squad the sad thing is mock potter is a good coach and a nice guy. But that's his downfall I reckon he's too nice for our club the tigers took him in and chewed the poor guy up and have potentially damaged any hope he had for his coaching career we need a coach to run the joint with an iron fist who's willing to look the players in the eye no matter who they are and tell them if they don't like it I'll lead you to the door

Sounds like you want Ricky Stuart as our next coach. No thanks.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

Garbage thread. You never throw in the towel no matter how poorly the team is playing.

Hang your head in shame. Quitting, forfeiting or giving up is the worst thing any sportsman could suggest, very well do. Quitting is never an option. EVER!

This team's season has been hijacked by injury and poor leadership at board/ceo level. Only a month ago we were still in it for the finals. The remaining uninjured players (let's face it we aren't fielding our top side) can still play for the pride in the jersey regardless of the crap going on around them. If they were to capitulate and forfeit we might as well shut the doors on Wests Tigers. That would be exceptionally poor form.

Re Smith, no thanks. Potter's just fine. He sets an example, holding his head high in spite of the circumstances. He won't 'just forfeit'. My respect for him grows by the day. However, if we don't clean out the vermin in hiding, we're dommed anyway.

Sorry mate - Weak attitude.

If you expect the team to show some strength in character then with respect perhaps you should to.

@NT Tiger said:
This team's season has been hijacked by injury and poor leadership at board/ceo level. Only a month ago we were still in it for the finals. The remaining uninjured players (let's face it we aren't fielding our top side) can still play for the pride in the jersey regardless of the crap going on around them. If they were to capitulate and forfeit we might as well shut the doors on Wests Tigers. That would be exceptionally poor form.

Re Smith, no thanks. Potter's just fine. He sets an example, holding his head high in spite of the circumstances. He won't 'just forfeit'. My respect for him grows by the day. However, if we don't clean out the vermin in hiding, we're dommed anyway.

I agree that he seems like a great bloke. A great bloke that can't coach!

I cannot see any attacking or defensive game plans, just seems to be ad lib to me.

We need a strong coach to get rid of the "vermin" as you call them. Who they may be you do not say. But if you really want a clean out then Brian Smith is your man. You may or may not like him but his record in readjusting clubs is well known. He also has a good record is getting his teams to finals and grand finals. No wins but I am sure most punters on this forum would kill to get the Weststigers into any sort of finals.

Sorry, I did not mean to imply that the 'vermin' are amongst the players. I believe that the destabilising agenda is being run from above the coaching level. If that is the case it wouldn't matter if it is Brian Smith or Genghis Khan in the coaching role, they would still be undermined from above.

What is that you you say???? Quitting? You of little faith, go wash your mouth out with soap!

@bp tiger said:
iam with you , totally embarrassed and I think ur right next year looks like heading the same way. we need a good clean out, I think keeping to many juniors is not the right way to go , since so many are so small and light weight. we need to bring in some muscle as well as a new coach and support staff, clean the lot out.
HATE TO SAY IT WE NEED BRAIN SMITH FOR THE NEXT 2 YEARS, OR THIS CLUB IS DOMMED.

It will certainly be DOMMED with Smith - you wouldn't let him anywhere near the place again. His record is the same as Potters - neither have won a premiership so why change.

@the third said:
@liltiger said:

Sounds like you want Ricky Stuart as our next coach. No thanks.

_Posted using RoarFEED V.4_

No not Ricky no please god no anyone but him. Mick potter has proven over the past 2 years with all the adversity that he is a much better coach that Stuart.

No do not forfeit.
Whilst the current situation is not great, don't ever give up on wests-tigers.
It has to get better, very soon.
Yeah a lot of the results have not gone the way we hoped/wanted :unamused: but to forfeit would be
**un- sportsman lik**e and **bring the game into disrepute.**

Watching the Raiders and Sharks today, we can beat both of them. With the side we'd be trotting out this would be a good result and would send the kids into 2015 with a bit of confidence.

@Marshall_magic said:
Watching the Raiders and Sharks today, we can beat both of them. With the side we'd be trotting out this would be a good result and would send the kids into 2015 with a bit of confidence.

Your dreaming aren't you? I can see both the Raiders and Sharks beating us. We've got no heart, no enthusiasm at the moment.

Members online

Back