Keepers for 2023

We get API, PAPALI , AD,NOFU,TOA,LAURIE,ROBERTS,STEF,TWAL,HASTINGS,
GARNER, The rest have issues Tamou plays 30mins,Musgrave. .?Simkin/Liddell not going to replace api,Brooks not sure worth $1.1 mill next year
I feel madden good value and feel Gillart has a he'll of a side step

The main focus has to be a decent wide 2nd rower. Centre will be fixed with AD returning, but could do with some better depth.
A real game breaker or X factor player like a Ponga or Kotoni Staggs would really help. They don’t grow on trees. 😤

Imagine if we were keeping Luciano. Papali'i and Lucy on both edges would be damaging. I know it's probably impossible but is there anything we can do to keep Luciano next year?

Imagine if we were keeping Luciano. Papali'i and Lucy on both edges would be damaging. I know it's probably impossible but is there anything we can do to keep Luciano next year?
Give him the same dough as he will get up there.
Then would have to play the family card.
They’re loaded up with backrowers…who knows?

There's absolutely nothing we can do to keep Luc so best we forget about and move on. He'd have to pull all the mental health cards one could have to get out of his deal. He'd be stupid to do so given how much the Cows are going to pay him.

The halves combo looked great against Parra. A few more rounds of Hastings and Brooks should see if we have keeper in these positions. Still not sure on Laurie at fullback. He had a great game against Parra but so did everyone else.

Old but Good halves chat from Matty Johns on here https://streamable.com/sq4ca8

With some potential signing news regarding Tapine, Aitken, etc. I think 2023 team is starting to look stronger.

Still need a strike centre to compliment Doueihi who will be great there once fully fit. And a second rower to replace Lucy/Tuilagi. Could extend Tamou for 1 year until he retires, and even possibly keep Garner for cover unless we have a better replacement.

1. Laurie
2. Nofo
3. Toa (but would love Wighton/Lomax or another game-breaker)
4. Doueihi
5. Maumalo
6. Brooks
7. Hastings
8. Utoikamanu
9. Koroisau
10. Tamou
11. Papalii
12. Aitken/Tapine (or does he only play in the middle?)
13. Ofahengaue/Tapine

Twal
Musgrove
Blore
Simpkin
Seyfarth

These next few months of recruiting could be the clincher.

Opinions on a new contract for Jock Madden?

The young fella can clearly play, but I suspect he will command more money as a starting half elsewhere.

Back