Keith Galloway

Eddie

The big fella is struggling at the moment for mine. I called on him to step up during the week but he still appears off the pace. He is only lasting about 13-15 minutes in his first stints.He got hammered the first time he carried the ball as well. We were dominated in the field possession tonight against a very average side that ran harder then us. We really need someone like big Keith to find his form and start powering on to t ball again. We struggle to get out of our own half normally but it is even worse when we seemigly have no power upfront and totally rely on our backrowers to grind us out of trouble.

Rep football?, no where near that standard unfortunetly.

3 very ordinary games with little contribution. His first stint tonight was hard because every time we got it we dropped it on the first tackle about 5 sets ina row so he had no chance to take a hitup. the same thing happened against canberra too when he first came on.

But all excuses aside, his having no impact, struggling for fitness, and has a poor work rate. Its hard to see someone like Junior Moors out of the side while this is happening.

To be honest I would rather have Moors, Fifita, Gibbs and Payten in the front row and give Galloway a run in state cup for a while because he has really been useless of late..

I just saw the stats and GAlloway made 99 metres and made 35 tackles.

I didnt really notice him but there not bad stats.

He was better tonight compared to the last 2 weeks but big red takes awhile to find his feet unfortunately. His defence was better tonight and he got through more work in attack, but I reckon he's only at 60-70% capacity at the moment.

Stats are one thing. For mine he is well down on impact. Not good enough from someone who should be our forward leader.

one thing i have noticed about galloway the past few seasons is that he kills it in the first 1/3 of the season and then unfortunately gets injured. when coming back from injury, his form drops off dramatically. to be fair, every player needs a game or 2 to get back into form, but he just does not seem to go back to the level he was playing before he got injured. i hope he fires up from here on in because when he makes the metres, farah and benji run riot on the back of him.

@Torbizlo said:
one thing i have noticed about galloway the past few seasons is that he kills it in the first 1/3 of the season and then unfortunately gets injured. when coming back from injury, his form drops off dramatically. to be fair, every player needs a game or 2 to get back into form, but he just does not seem to go back to the level he was playing before he got injured. i hope he fires up from here on in because when he makes the metres, farah and benji run riot on the back of him.

Pretty sure he played back end of last season with a broken foot and buggered knee. He had to play because of our charge to the finals and being light in forwards already through suspensions and injuries.
Admit he has lacked the go forward as earlier in the year and seems to be missing alot of tackles. Im sure he will come good in the next few weeks. He just needs to fire up! He needs to pull out the classic Keify shoulder charge, might snap him out of it.

i honestly thought last night was his best this yr, esp in a dominated pack. 35 tackles, 9 hit ups for 99m in 38mins is pretty good for a bloke coming back from injury. he would of looked better if it was our pack dominating.

I have been dissapointed as well. Fifita looks our most damaging forward atm which is not good. I think Keith though ahs the ability to make an impact. Lets see how he goes over the next couple of weeks.

Keith made more metres per hitup than Andrew did by NRL stats.

35 tackles is a monster workload for him in defence

He got nailed a couple of times but that happens from time to time. Im still happy with him and believe he'll be a vital cog for us leading into the finals. I'd put him on the bench next week but not because of his form, more so to give him the chance to have some impact off the bench while he gets his fitness up.

I'll forgive Galloway for his performance on Friday night, as i Will Gibbs and Fifta. Humid, wet conditions are not the best for props. Brisbane's big boppa's weren't exactly making inroads either. It was their expansive play that got Wests on the back foot along, using the ball from sideline to sideline. Not to mention, the Tigers were just out enthused. Galloway is definitely down on match fitness. Big Red's been back for 3 weeks now. It usually takes Front rower's a good 5-6 weeks to get that required milage in the legs to get back to their best.

keith will come good big man who with more game time will get alot better as his fitness improves we want 100% at semi time all you blokes will be saying how good he is go big red :laughing: :laughing: :wahoo: :wahoo:

half the problem is when he recieves the ball he starts running then.. need him charging onto the ball.

Alot of our forwards have this problem

Even when fit he has the slowest play the ball in the comp. On a positive note we dont want our players killing it now ten weeks out. Its all about building up to the end of season big games

Back