Ken Maumalo #246

For mine, he has been our second best player this year behind Joe and just ahead of Hastings.
He is very reliable covering end of set kicks, carting the ball out of yardage and is our best finisher. He has scored a third of our tries this year, which is a good strike rate out of 27 players used thus far and his presence usually sees opposition playmakers attack our other edge.

For mine, he has been our second best player this year behind Joe and just ahead of Hastings.
He is very reliable covering end of set kicks, carting the ball out of yardage and is our best finisher. He has scored a third of our tries this year, which is a good strike rate out of 27 players used thus far and his presence usually sees opposition playmakers attack our other edge.

Sometimes lacks a bit of urgency but that's my only criticism of him.

Scored 17 tries in 20 games for us, scored 10 in 10 this year. Pretty hard to slate the bloke, if he gets a sniff he usually crosses the stripe.

Imagine a fit Ken. Looks class despite looking like he needs a zimmer frame to get around the park.
Love your avi, lol
Reflects your user name 😅😂

My man.

Poor Ken, he's doing a good Stevey Matai impersonation. Injured every time he's touched.

Guy needs some time off.
He's a great finisher though.
Great build too.

... pause...

It's great to have competition for the wing spots.
You can't knock big Ken's try strike rate and his big frame is needed bringing the ball back out of trouble near the line.
The big question is how's that knee.
If he's ok he has to stop the "I'm injured" body language.
Your either fit and you give it your all or your not and you sit it out.
Next year we must field 17 fit players oozing with enthusiasm and aggression.
Tough, hard running and hard tackling forwards and fast running backs is a recipe for success.

It's great to have competition for the wing spots.
You can't knock big Ken's try strike rate and his big frame is needed bringing the ball back out of trouble near the line.
The big question is how's that knee.
If he's ok he has to stop the "I'm injured" body language.
Your either fit and you give it your all or your not and you sit it out.
Next year we must field 17 fit players oozing with enthusiasm and aggression.
Tough, hard running and hard tackling forwards and fast running backs is a recipe for success.
Top post!!!! Spot on!!!!!

Sometimes lacks a bit of urgency but that's my only criticism of him.

Scored 17 tries in 20 games for us, scored 10 in 10 this year. Pretty hard to slate the bloke, if he gets a sniff he usually crosses the stripe.
I think the same thing , he lacks urgency but maybe that has been due to his knee injury , but with his operation I hope that changes

Big Ken talks to SENZ Mark Stafford about The Wests Tiger trial game.
Comments on the energy surrounding the coaching staff.
At 3:20 mark, Ken talks up Fonua Pole as a big beast and one to watch this year.
I finally heard it from the horses mouth, his knee injury was a meniscus injury, which may have been reported before but if your worried about his knee....a meniscus injury is repaired by arthroscopy and a clean out probably happened too. He said that his knee hurt and it clicked...that usually is the tear or flap of the meniscus when the joint moves.
The meniscus is
tough, rubbery cartilage that acts as a shock absorber between the shinbone and the thighbone. (Missus ex physio)
I've had two of those ops and they are not an issue....imo!
We could see Big Ken really kill it this year 🤞

Back