Ken Maumalo #246

Have to admit I was not too impressed with his early games for us, but after those early games he started to fit in and finished the season strong and I thought he was damaging close to the line and used his size quite well when competing for the ball after bombs were put up.

@stryker-69 said in [Ken Maumalo signs until 2023\.\.](/post/1521353) said:
@twentyforty said in [Ken Maumalo signs until 2023\.\.](/post/1521213) said:
@stryker-69 said in [Ken Maumalo signs until 2023\.\.](/post/1521201) said:
@twentyforty said in [Ken Maumalo signs until 2023\.\.](/post/1521096) said:
@bathursttiger1 said in [Ken Maumalo signs until 2023\.\.](/post/1521059) said:
If you think KM is slow check out try #6.

https://youtu.be/zhffSmopUlo

Every time I look at that highlights reel, I’m reminded how valuable Brooks is to the team’s success. He handled the ball 9 out of the 10. The Lids try was a sole effort.

That’s a long bow to draw. He created a couple of those tries and had bugger all to do with the rest.

You probably also believe that a player who doesn’t touch the ball in an attack play has zero impact on the outcome. The last pass or kick is usually the money ball but only made possible by the lead up.

What gives you that idea pal?

Because the alternative is inconceivable. But you go ahead and disagree if you like. It’s ok to disagree. I mean you can disagree without being defensive.

I do disagree.
Brooks threw some simple shovel passes…outside men created the tries
Brooks put up some average kicks that were chased perfectly.
You can say he laid 9/10 tries on if you wish., all good.
I can’t wait until we we get rid of him. Without his influence, we will be far better off.

It will be about his defence, and ability to get back in the line in a faster pace game. If he can still use his frame to make his metres and do better in the beep test then that's a win for us

@stryker-69 said in [Ken Maumalo signs until 2023\.\.](/post/1521455) said:
I do disagree.
I can’t wait until we we get rid of him. Without his influence, we will be far better off.

Thank you, you’ve just validated my point.
You’ve stated Brooks has no influence in any of the top 10 tries, but then go on to say “without his influence we will be far better off.”
I still believe that if players don’t understand that they are in the game for every second they are on the park, that they can be seen by opposition whether in attack or defensive plays, then fixing that will contribute massively to our success. imo
When Madge says “Wests Tigers are always in a f$#@* game” it supports what many of us know, and it’s not about being behind on the scoreboard.

Brooks hands the ball off and the other boys do the rest of the work he doesn't do anything to get them into a hole or organise them. A REAL halfback take the game by the neck and leads no stands back and gives the ball to a 2nd rower

His kicking dont even get me started kicks to the tallest dude on the opposition when our player is 4 foot tall....okay mate and his 5th tackle options inside the 10 are horrible instead of going for a repeat set he goes for miracle plays

That being said.....All hail King Ken

@pascoes_barber said in [Ken Maumalo signs until 2023\.\.](/post/1521567) said:
Huge hog as I understand it.

Punt Brooks.

Are we allowed to say punt Brooks again?

If so punt Brooks.

Keep Ken

Punt Brooks.

About time. We've been waiting.
#time2go

@the_patriot said in [Ken Maumalo signs until 2023\.\.](/post/1521568) said:

Punt Brooks.

Are we allowed to say punt Brooks again?

If so punt Brooks.

Keep Ken

Big Kenny is sweet.

@chicken_faced_killa said in [Ken Maumalo signs until 2023\.\.](/post/1521584) said:
Hastings will be feeding big Ken tries all season. Wait and see

Hastings short kicks to the wingers looks the goods. Also, there are training images showing Pat Richards coaching ken and Nofo how to catch them properly. Looks like we should see a few this year.

@twentyforty said in [Ken Maumalo signs until 2023\.\.](/post/1521562) said:
I do disagree.

You’ve stated Brooks has no influence in any of the top 10 tries, but then go on to say “without his influence we will be far better off.”
I still believe that if players don’t understand that they are in the game for every second they are on the park, that they can be seen by opposition whether in attack or defensive plays, then fixing that will contribute massively to our success. imo
When Madge says “Wests Tigers are always in a f$#@* game” it supports what many of us know, and it’s not about being behind on the scoreboard.

I never said that. You claimed he had a big hand in all 10 tries. I disagreed.

@stryker-69 said in [Ken Maumalo signs until 2023\.\.](/post/1521662) said:
@twentyforty said in [Ken Maumalo signs until 2023\.\.](/post/1521562) said:
I do disagree.

I never said that. You claimed he had a big hand in all 10 tries. I disagreed.

He did get 20 something try assists. You don’t get an assist for shoveling the pass to the outside men.

I’d understand the hate if we were close to where we need to be and he was costing us but if anyone thinks replacing Brooks with Hastings is suddenly going to turn us around…. I think not.

Anyway isn’t this a thread about Ken Maumalo?

We will be closer to where we need to be if that wind sock wasn’t in the road.

Yes this thread is about Big Ken. He deserves the extension. Good on him.

![Screenshot_20220118-174412_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1642488294088-screenshot_20220118-174412_instagram.jpg)

![Screenshot_20220118-174407_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1642488301264-screenshot_20220118-174407_instagram.jpg)

![Screenshot_20220118-174404_Instagram.jpg](/assets/uploads/files/1642488307761-screenshot_20220118-174404_instagram.jpg)

#MAJESTIC

Let's hope the whole team is flying high this season.

. . . . . . .and don't call me Shirley.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KM2K7sV-K74

He is doing great for us. He is a slow cumbersome winger. He is also killing it for us.

Latest posts

Back