Kicking crucial tonite

I think those who believe the Tigers are at their best when they play expansive are wrong. We are at our best when we go to the line straight and finding the right line runner on the edge and also on the inside which will be important tonight. When we have success going wide its usually after we've established an advantage through doing the above.

If we play the way i hope, i'd expect Ellis to have a blinder cutting back in on an angled run. After a few demaging runs from doing this, i'd like them to set it up again only to pass behind Ellis to Daniela in open space.

@crouching_tiger said:
No. Kicking is **not** one of their strengths. **WT need to play to their strengths.**
Don't change your strengths to suit the environment nor the opposition. Especially when the opposition have been demoralised over the past few weeks. Keep them under the pump and crack them. If the Tigers change to suit a grinding match, they will give the Dogs a sniff, and this will suit them perfectly moreso than the Tigers.
WT are well renowned for playing poor teams back into form. That **is** because they change tactics such as this stupid suggestion to play the percentages tonight.
Play the opposition into playing against the unexpected and the WT will come away with an easy victory.
**Grind and play safe and the Bulldogs will outplay the Tigers tonight.
No brainer, really..**

No braINS more like it

We seemed to kick earlier in the tackle count often early in the game from what i saw surprise surprise - wet weather footy, despite the torrential rain we saw all day thankfully disappearing…., no surprise they score when we stuffed up in our own area.
Then we score after a good kick and an error in their half.

You mention playing the ruck early which is all good, but the longer this drags on, WT's forwards will soften(especially without Galloway still), the Bulldogs will get the upper hand.

Looked from where I sat our blokes clearly got on top of them with five to go and only 1 point in it.

Glad we got the win

What happened to don't feed the troll…

You were right innk...as shakey as it was the kicking game when it counted got us home.....

you were right CT we needed our razzle dazzle there… we wouldve lost if it wasnt for our razzle dazzle... i believe that game was called... grinding it out ?

@KingOvKingz09 said:
you were right CT we needed our razzle dazzle there… we wouldve lost if it wasnt for our razzle dazzle... i believe that game was called... grinding it out ?

:laughing: nice one

Just as expected. None of you noticed the shocking game by Lui and his kicking. It was taken over by Farah after several FAILED attempts of using their kicking game by playing to the conditions with percentage play.
WT came out in the 2nd half and played a totally different half by swinging it from side to side and took control of the match from that point when tactics were changed.
The WT forward pack never at any point dominated to lay down a platform in an attempt to grind.

1st half = fail with percentage play
2nd half = success with expansive play

No wonder dopes hate Gus Gould..

Tigers coach Tim Sheens paid tribute to both sides for dealing with the soaking conditions and said his side were rewarded with the win after showing great determination.
>
"I would like to commend both sides for their efforts, but **we never let the game slip away** and **it was real gritty win, which are often the best sorts**," Sheens said.

See…..Lui's kicks were 50/50..some found the grass some didn't....How many repeat sets did Benji get us....

How many times did Lui kick it out on the full.......

I think C_t listens to Gus too much...He said Lui should watch Noddy...How many times did he hit Lortay or Ryan...

He must not have been listening when Strerlo said they have worked out direct is the way to go against a fading Dogs....Wests Tigers fitness and ability to grind got them over the line...Finished over the top of them Doggy style circa 2002,,,

CT rubbish. Lui made some poor kicks but he also made some very good ones. It was a tough night for kicking and he was certainly no worse than Kimmorely (the current SOO halfback).

Geez people on this site need to leave their biases from their love of State Cup players out of their assessments on here.

@crouching_tiger said:
Just as expected. None of you noticed the shocking game by Lui and his kicking. It was taken over by Farah after several FAILED attempts of using their kicking game by playing to the conditions with percentage play.
WT came out in the 2nd half and played a totally different half by swinging it from side to side and took control of the match from that point when tactics were changed.
The WT forward pack never at any point dominated to lay down a platform in an attempt to grind.

1st half = fail with percentage play
2nd half = success with expansive play

No wonder dopes hate Gus Gould..

CT we were in front by 1 with 2 minutes left ?… i think you call that grinding out a win....we started to get more metres after robbie and benji started to get better KICKS away....

... where was the expansive footy ?... farah scored under the posts from dummy half... do you call that expansive ?

Back