OFFICIAL Pathways - KOE General Discussion

The NSW Cup side should have a good mix. Last year we had a lot of youngsters that should have spent more time in be age based teams.

Players like Will Smith, Alex Seyfarth, Jake Simpkin, Starford To’a, Asu Kepaoa, Justin Matamua, Junior Tupou, Tukimihia Simpkins, Rua Ngatikaura…have played NRL. Some only a very small amount ..others with more.

Ben Houston & Triston Reilly from Rugby.
Development players Josh Feledy, Kitione Kautoga, Christian Ma'anaima & Brandon Mansfield
and Top 30 players Brandon Tumeth, Sione Fainu & Apisalome Saukuru.

The NSW Cup side should have a good mix. Last year we had a lot of youngsters that should have spent more time in be age based teams.

Players like Will Smith, Alex Seyfarth, Jake Simpkin, Starford To’a, Asu Kepaoa, Justin Matamua, Junior Tupou, Tukimihia Simpkins, Rua Ngatikaura…have played NRL. Some only a very small amount ..others with more.

Ben Houston & Triston Reilly from Rugby.
Development players Josh Feledy, Kitione Kautoga, Christian Ma'anaima & Brandon Mansfield
and Top 30 players Brandon Tumeth, Sione Fainu & Apisalome Saukuru.
Good insight TW. How good would be for the triple header if all teams are firing. Imagine the feeling around the joint.
Congrats for being the first post too mate, one of many I hope 👍

I’ve no clue how they will actually line up but he’s my stab at NRL V NSW Cup. It will be interesting to see after the trials but the Splits could be something like this….have I missed anyone? Halfbacks a worry. Had to put Will Smith there as I have no idea who else could possibly play 7.

1. NSW Cup: Starford To’a………..NRL: Staines
2. NSW Cup: Junior Tupou………..NRL Nofoaluma
3. NSW Cup: Josh Feledy…………NRL Naden
4. NSW Cup: Asu Kepaoa…………NRL: Doueihi
5. NSW Cup: Jimmy Ngutlik………NRL Maumalo
6. NSW Cup: Triston Reilly…………NRL Laurie
7. NSW Cup: Will Smith…………….NRL: Brooks
8. NSW Cup: Sione Fainu………….NRL: Klemmer
9. NSW Cup: Jake Simpkin…….…..NRL: Api
10. NSW Cup:Tukimihia Simpkins….NRL: Twal
11. NSW Cup: Alex Seyfarth………..NRL: Papalii
12. NSW Cup: Brandon Tumeth……NRL: Bateman
13. NSW Cup: Justin Matamua……..NRL: Ofahengaue (c)

14. NSW Cup: Rua Ngatikaura……..NRL: Utoikamanu
15. NSW Cup: Ben Houston…………NRL: Pole
16. NSW Cup: Kitione Kautoga.…….NRL: Blore
17. NSW Cup: Apisalome Saukuru….NRL: Tommy Talau

Not sure if Brandon Mansfield, Kitione Kautoga & Christian Ma'anaima will be in Fleg then come through. Then there are others like Liam Scolari, Aitasi James, Israel Ogden, Aden Perry, Jack Boyling, James Valevatu that i couldn’t fit in.

Last edited:
I’ve no clue how they will actually line up but he’s my stab at NRL V NSW Cup. It will be interesting to see after the trials but the Splits could be something like this….have I missed anyone? Halfbacks a worry. Had to put Will Smith there as I have no idea who else could possibly play 7.

1. NSW Cup: Starford To’a NRL: Staines
2. NSW Cup: Junior Tupou NRL Nofoaluma
3. NSW Cup: Josh Feledy NRL Naden
4. NSW Cup: Asu Kepaoa NRL: Doueihi
5. NSW Cup: Jimmy Ngutlik NRL Maumalo
6. NSW Cup: Triston Reilly NRL:. Laurie
7. NSW Cup: Will Smith, NRL: Brooks
8. NSW Cup: Sione Fainu. NRL: Klemmer
9. NSW Cup: Jake Simpkin NRL: Api
10. NSW Cup: Tukimihia Simpkins NRL: Twal
11. NSW Cup: Alex Seyfarth NRL: Papalii
12. NSW Cup: Brandon Tumeth NRL: Bateman
13. NSW Cup: Justin Matamua NRL: Ofahengaue (c)

14. NSW Cup: Rua Ngatikaura NRL: Utoikamanu
15. NSW Cup: Ben Houston NRL: Pole
16. NSW Cup: Kitione Kautoga. NRL: Blore
17. NSW Cup: Apisalome Saukuru NRL: Tommy Talau

Not sure if Brandon Mansfield, Kitione Kautoga & Christian Ma'anaima will be in Fleg then come through. Then there are others like Liam Scolari, Aitasi James, Israel Ogden, Aden Perry, Jack Boyling, James Valevatu that i couldn’t fit in.

Gee wizz, I'm getting fuzzy feelings now.
Bring on Round 1.

. NSW Cup: Starford To’a………..NRL: Staines
2. NSW Cup: Junior Tupou………..NRL Nofoaluma
3. NSW Cup: Josh Feledy…………NRL Naden
4. NSW Cup: Asu Kepaoa…………NRL: Doueihi
5. NSW Cup: Jimmy Ngutlik………NRL Maumalo
6. NSW Cup: Triston Reilly…………NRL Laurie
7. NSW Cup: Will Smith…………….NRL: Brooks

Heaps of competition in the outside backs. I wonder how Reilly goes in the 6 jumper.

Heaps of competition in the outside backs. I wonder how Reilly goes in the 6 jumper.
The NSW Cup forwards look ok as well. Unless I’ve missed something no recognised number 7 is the real problem. Especially if Brooks goes down. Don’t know who would play halfback at NRL level, let alone NSW Cup.
Most other areas we have some depth.

The NSW Cup forwards look ok as well. Unless I’ve missed something no recognised number 7 is the real problem. Especially if Brooks goes down. Don’t know who would play halfback at NRL level, let alone NSW Cup.
Most other areas we have some depth.

Our spine is pretty ordinary barring Api but our squad is so much better isn't it.

Just rang nsw rl they are still waiting on the nrl for the tv schedule for koe .Won't know till probably next week.She will ring me when she knows and I'll let the forum know.
Tv schedule? For the one game a week on fox?
Ask them about livestreaming every match under the jurisdiction, from harold matts upwards. That is what the lazy sods need to be doing. NSWRL are an incompetent mess, living in the 80s still. Dinosaurs with no idea or willingness to try contemporary options that can increase the revenue for all parties.
This should be in the lower grades forum though buddy

Just heard from nsw rl there's still no word from nrl on which koe games will be on fox.i think you will be able to watch some game on nswtv through Facebook. It seems the enlarged female comp could be causing the holdup not sure though

I want both.

The Womens game needs to be encouraged and the Junior grades are great.
I agree but under the one proviso…women themselves must support the woman's game. It is a problem with most women’s sports. It shouldn’t fall back on men as the primary audience.
I personally would watch NRL, Super League, KOE NSW Cup, Hostplus Cup and Jersey Flegg before any womens game. It’s just how it is…

I agree but under the one proviso…women themselves must support the woman's game. It is a problem with most women’s sports. It shouldn’t fall back on men as the primary audience.
I personally would watch NRL, Super League, KOE NSW Cup, Hostplus Cup and Jersey Flegg before any womens game. It’s just how it is…
It’ll come.

Women and girls (especially young girls) will watch it more as it’s promoted and shown more.

The increasing rates of female rugby league participation are huge and this is because it’s only been shown on national TV in the last 5 or so years.

Young girls that play footy are starting to look up to the likes of Jessica Sergis and Emma Tonegato, probably more so than Nathan Cleary or James Tedesco.

That’s encouraging, however they also have to go to the grounds.
The quality of their games has to either improve or find its own identity as well.

That’s encouraging, however they also have to go to the grounds.
The quality of their games has to either improve or find its own identity as well.
It hasn't even been a generation since it's started to be shown on TV, so as those girls who've actually grown up with it being on their screens get older, they'll hopefully go.

The quality has actually improved dramatically and will continue to do so as junior rates continue to rise.

The NRL has gone about introducing the NRLW almost flawlessly, and has definitely learnt from the AFL's mistakes.

The AFLW was well received in its initial year however received a reasonable drop in social media engagement in 2022. Was this due to the novelty wearing off or was it due to the lack of quality of the games? Only 7000 people watched their GF, which saw a combined 34 points scored. It’s a poor product.

Likewise, the NRLW may be improving but it’s quality level currently will not sustain it. Most Harold Mathews teams would win that comp if they were in it. You’ve got to be careful deciding what to promote and what not to.

Back