Lawrence v Idris

Chunk

Looking forward to this.

A good chance for Lawrence to aim up and put in a good showing. No doubt Idris is a damaging runner. Defensivley Lawrence will have to be on his game, he's going to need some good support.

In attack Lawrence can run a very good line and has the speed to exploit the big fella.

No better time to remind the selectors of his ability.

Time for a big one Chris!

Mate i totally agree… especially with Lyon probably missing on game 2...

Now is the time for lawrence to step up.... and theres no better way to do so than to out do/class the 'great' jamal idris...

Time for the best game of your life chris !

Think it might too little too late for Lawrence this time around. Idris seems to have a mortage at least on a bench spot for Origin II. I still can't belive so called 'experts' think he had a good game in Origin I.

Idris will be a liability for the dogs in defence and I'm sure our attack will be aimed at him and the angry gnome otherwise known as Brett Kimmorley

If Idris can get a piece of the attacker he isnt a bad defender,but surely we will be running some plays with Chris steaming onto it.

He will kill Idris pace wise.

First scrum…...

Yeah when he gets ahold he is very decent. The pass is what kills him. Run Payten and Ellis at that flank. Forwards with a passing game make Jaml make bad decisions

@smeghead said:
Yeah when he gets ahold he is very decent. The pass is what kills him. Run Payten and Ellis at that flank. Forwards with a passing game make Jaml make bad decisions

I agree. He struggles to read passing plays & I reckon he actually doesn't know where he belongs in a defensive line.

idris is the worst defensive centre in the nrl, if his game in origin and his game v melbourne doesnt prove this i dont know what will

Idris and Lawrence matched up well in the City/Country game and I thought Idris defence in that match was good, however as mentioned, Origin and last weekend against Melbourne found his defence wanting yet again. If the Tigers can win the ruck and show the sort of ball movement and support play they did against the Warriors, then Idris will be in for a long night I reckon.

Yeah .. I actually thought he was very good in City Country and when the Dogs beat us a few weeks ago. Lawry will need a big game.

@Blakeeeeeee said:
What's with the hate on Idris? I don't see how you can't love him

its not hate, its stating the truth, hes over-rated as a complete player, hes good offensively but defensively he is garbage 8 out of 10 matches, if NSW are fair dinkum about winning game 2 they cant pick him hes to much of a liability, in 15 minutes of origin he got found out very quickly, give inglis 80 minutes with him out there and its gonna get ugly

Idris stands like a statue in defence.. out of the scrum we can run rings around him

well as for SOO I wouldn't worry they will pick some boring centre who offers nothing like Beau Scott, I can see it now just wait for it, the selectors don't pick NSW players like QLD pick QLDers they pick people that LOOK like so called SOO players are big and strong and have cominations next to them in the team

he will be one of the greatest centre's of the game one day, he's only 19 remember.. his defence is really really bad at the moment… like lawrence was two years ago..

@Blakeeeeeee said:
What's with the hate on Idris? I don't see how you can't love him

If Idris didn't have dreads he'd be thought of in the same light as players like Joel Reddy or Jerome Ropati.

He's a god awful defender whose "big hits" usually end up with the player gaining another 5-10 metres. His attack is good when all he has to do it run foward, but his agility is lacking and his handling and passing is average at best.

If he was treated how he should be, a potentially good player who needs alot of work, I'd be fine with him. But he gets treated like he's a elite level player.

Maybe if the moronic media used a little discretion and didn't treat these 19-20 year old players like gods, we wouldn't have so many big headed 22-24 year olds thinking they're worth more than they are.

He positions himself poorly in defense, not much wrong with his technique. Much like Lawrence a cpl of seasons back, he gets founf out fairly often.

@MGB said:
He positions himself poorly in defense, not much wrong with his technique. Much like Lawrence a cpl of seasons back, he gets founf out fairly often.

Lawrence was never as bad as Idris is though.

Lawrence would get caught out every now and then, but alot of Idris' stuff up's are self induced, running up out of the line how he does, or not finishing tackles is his big problem.

Back