Leavin' on a Jet Plane, in hope!!!

Aladinsane

Well the day has finally come…..flying up to Queensland, to see some clients today ,and then to have hopefully, the weekend to end all weekends, partying and watching our beloved Wests Tigers do battle against Scottie's Titans.How I wished the team wasn't going up as the walking wounded, battered after another epic weeknight game, trying to keep theirs, and ours final's dream hopes alive.

I have watch live ,and on TV , the Titan's last 4 games and they have looked ordinary , to say the least.
In round 21, they get easily beaten by the Cowboys at Skilled Park
In round 22,they beat the hapless Warriors in NZ, 30-10....actually they played all right there
In round 23, they won again, against "shoot themselves in the foot" Souths, who were very ordinary, only by 8 points.I reckon our Under 20s would have beaten Souths that night .
And last week, at Skilled Park, they had a battle on their hands , only beating the Sharks by 10....and looked very inept

I have no doubt in my mind, that a fit 17 Wests Tigers players, that ran on against Parra last Friday night ,would wipped these pretenders by 20 or more. It's not to be, as the team is flying up today,desimated by the worst injury toll........But the Titans better be careful of the Wounded Tiger.......because I still reckon, we are going to witness on of our greatest victories of our short 10 year history.

So I better get packed and ready for the first flight out to Brisbane....singing.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7RLcq4Kn3Y&feature=fvst

You really are insane!! I mean…who is up at this time of morning for starters?? And then is crazy enough to get on a plane to fly to Qld to go watch the Tigers play up there?? I must admit, you are one loyal supporter and show a heap of faith in the team to do this. Enjoy your trip and cheer like mad.
There is no way in hell i will be going to this game. Season's already over!!

Its not that insane to be up at this time. Ive been hanging around this forum all night…but im on night shift... this Forum can become Lonely around the early hours sometimes.

I was only a Bees away from catching a flight on Saturday morning after my last night shift of the week and watching the Tigers, but my fellow supporter i usually catch a match with was unable to attend so wasnt willing to do a lone run in Qld.

have a good 1

I'm flying up today as well, I hope the Tigers really fire up after the bad cards dealt to them this week :slight_smile:

Im flying up with my crew on sat morning.

IS there somewhere us tragics can meet up for a drinkeeepoooo???

Im flying up tomoro at 8am. I'll be tearing through the Virgin Blue terminal in my Tigers gear, being chased by security :slight_smile:

There are a few of us catching up at the following pub:

" FROM BJM8
Pre-game drinks is now at Options Tavern in Helensvale.

http://www.optionstavern.com.au/

Nice pub, its in the Westfield shopping centre just off Helensvale South Exit 62, and about 100 metres away from Helensvale train station. So you can either catch the train to Helensvale, or drive there, park, and catch the train down to Robina for the game. We'll be there from 12:30 or so."

Would love for you guys to meet us there. If not, see you at the game :smiley:

@crouching_tiger said:
You really are insane!! I mean…who is up at this time of morning for starters?? And then is crazy enough to get on a plane to fly to Qld to go watch the Tigers play up there?? I must admit, you are one loyal supporter and show a heap of faith in the team to do this. Enjoy your trip and cheer like mad.

Seasons already over?? :confused: :confused: Wheres your faith CT. I expect the mighty tigers to smack their bums.

@Aladinsane said:
Well the day has finally come…..flying up to Queensland, to see some clients today ,and then to have hopefully, the weekend to end all weekends, partying and watching our beloved Wests Tigers do battle against Scottie's Titans.How I wished the team wasn't going up as the walking wounded, battered after another epic weeknight game, trying to keep theirs, and ours final's dream hopes alive.

I have watch live ,and on TV , the Titan's last 4 games and they have looked ordinary , to say the least.
In round 21, they get easily beaten by the Cowboys at Skilled Park
In round 22,they beat the hapless Warriors in NZ, 30-10....actually they played all right there
In round 23, they won again, against "shoot themselves in the foot" Souths, who were very ordinary, only by 8 points.I reckon our Under 20s would have beaten Souths that night .
And last week, at Skilled Park, they had a battle on their hands , only beating the Sharks by 10....and looked very inept

I have no doubt in my mind, that a fit 17 Wests Tigers players, that ran on against Parra last Friday night ,would wipped these pretenders by 20 or more. It's not to be, as the team is flying up today,desimated by the worst injury toll........But the Titans better be careful of the Wounded Tiger.......because I still reckon, we are going to witness on of our greatest victories of our short 10 year history.

So I better get packed and ready for the first flight out to Brisbane....singing.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v7RLcq4Kn3Y&feature=fvst

have fun dude go the tigers!!!!

@smeghead said:
Have fun Rich.

Thanks Smeg….just got into my Gold Coast Hotel room after driving around stinking hot Brisbane, catching up with some of my good customers.

Freshing up with MASH in the background ,and getting ready for a massive night with some fellow Wests Tigers fans, enjoying the local ales and nightly sights.

I thought you were coming up mate , but it's probadly just as well , as now I cN get to read your INDEPTH summary of hopefully BRET's win tomorrow...hint hint

@crouching_tiger said:

Hey CT , I am just a small ant in your massive shadow, in the fan stakes mate :master: … I thought you were going up ....sad as I bought a case of light beer you ya, in the hope that you would make it...I will not be surprised to see you at Melba's on Saturday night :wink:

@brisvegastiger said:
There are a few of us catching up at the following pub:

" FROM BJM8
Pre-game drinks is now at Options Tavern in Helensvale.

http://www.optionstavern.com.au/

Nice pub, its in the Westfield shopping centre just off Helensvale South Exit 62, and about 100 metres away from Helensvale train station. So you can either catch the train to Helensvale, or drive there, park, and catch the train down to Robina for the game. We'll be there from 12:30 or so."

Would love for you guys to meet us there. If not, see you at the game :smiley:

Simple to get to, its 2 stations north of Robina (10 minutes on the train from Skilled) and with prepaid game tickets you get free public transport. The more the merrier!

Scream Loud you crazy Lunatic….

I wanna see a victory dance...It's up to you to get em over the line....

The only thing I ever get from the WT is sorrow….just back in the hotel room to change and meet 16 other WT fans to drown our sorrows in gallons of beer :brick:
it was hard witnessing another Wests Tigers brain exposion

Home sweet home , after catching the 12.45pm JetStar flight back to Sydney..which also had on all of the WT team and coaching staff…..not very happy chappies.Benji was great again getting asked to have photos by kids at the Airport and smiling nicely for them.

It was a pretty rough landing into Sydney , with the Captain slamming on the brakes so hard , that I knew it didn't seem right. By the time we stopped and slowly turned I looked out he window and saw why the Captain must have had white line fever....he stopped the plane right at the end of the runway with Botany Bay metres away.

It's really weird as when we were coming into windy Sydney , I had this passing thought that we could lose the entire Wests Tigers team in one hit.then I thought hey me too...crap, but them I laugh to myself thinking what my wife would say at my funeral .."I always said to my husband the the Tigers would be the death of him"

At least Balmain Bug would finally get what he has been constantly screaming out for...getting rid of Sheensp :deadhorse:

I can see the headline now....." The JetStar Titans kill off the Tigers in a JetStar"
Looking at all the Orange Black and White in the cabin also made me think they sponsored the wrong team, as their logo would look great on our jersey

Latest posts

Members online

Back