Leichhardt oval's end

Reason given is that the government needs to pay for flood relief.

How does the funding work? Why is the government involved at all? Isn’t there enough money generated from the ticket sales to pay for the grounds? Who owns Leichardt Oval, anyway? Does anybody know how it works and could explain it for me?

It’d be a real loss for it to close down. When I was living at Rozelle, used to walk down there with my dad… it’d be a waste I reckon.

The next thing you know, there’ll be an apartment block there. Sydney’s corrupt AF. Perrotet needs the dough for re-election. Tell me we’re not all thinking the same?

Disgraceful......,
Don't have an inner city homeground then. They have been a hoodoo lately.
We still have CS and Tamworth.
In 20years there won't be any suburban grounds, just entertainment precincts in the city and the NRL will be purely a tv sport

The Prem is a week person and his government is no better , he’s stock piling funds for the election 100%. But it won’t save him , NRL needs to stay talking to opposition as they will win government I believe , The old ground would look good as a block of units bringing in some serious cash

Homebush, Parra, Moore Park. Pick one freaking stadium and go with it.
Can't go to Moore Park - Uncle Nick has already told Souths to pee off. Even though the smarmy poonce didn't pay a cent towards it he thinks the rorters should be the only ones who use it as a home ground.

This no benefit is a furphy. What benefit does the club get playing at Leichhardt or Homebush

Both are a lot closer to a Leagues club that supports the football club,admittedly not very effectively but they do provide assistance

Both are a lot closer to a Leagues club that supports the football club,admittedly not very effectively but they do provide assistance
And what benefit does that Leagues club get by having games at LO or Homebush - none. How many supporters go there before or after a game. Very few i would imagine. and those that do go there aren't the ones spending huge amounts on the pokies.

Reactions: BZN
some of the fans promoting one stadium or a big stadium are fans who live inter state
Focus on the members and fans who attend games and buy membership. At the end of the day if those fans do not like going to certain stadiums then the club dies.
The club should not listen to fans from Perth or Brisbane or Adelaide etc when it comes to what stadium we play at

some of the fans promoting one stadium or a big stadium are fans who live inter state
Focus on the members and fans who attend games and buy membership. At the end of the day if those fans do not like going to certain stadiums then the club dies.
The club should not listen to fans from Perth or Brisbane or Adelaide etc when it comes to what stadium we play at
Only listen to true fans that agree with you. 🤣🤣

Darcy wanting to promote himself again ... yawn.
What an imposter.

The Wests Tigers are bankrolled by Wests Ashfield, the COE is in Concord and Balmain has a strong junior system, so I can't see the club moving out of the area anytime soon. We could shift our Leichhardt games to the SFS if Uncle Nick obliges. Though it is a public asset, the roosters of course should decide who plays there.

Back