Let's not hate em, just replace em

Curly_Tiger

It seems pretty likely they are all gone bar Brooks. I'd say the common manager, Robbie's influence from the grave (it's strong) and maybe even the big 4 whisperer, all played a role. Disappointed that they couldn't see the positives in Cleary's appointment but no doubt they've all been through the ringer in the last year or so and were fertile ground for the seeds of negativity this lot were spreading. If it's true Brooks, Teddy and Moses have all moved into the Bachelor mansion in Hunters Hill then it's time for an intervention to save our halfback.
On the positive side we must have the best part of $3m annually to replace them, and I get there are other threads on this but like a lot of threads they are getting very cluttered, tangential and off topic.
Straight replacements, we need a 1 a 6 and a front rower (let's get two)
Front row, for me it's gotta be Graham for his passion and maybe a Mattulino, but Knights are prop desperates and likely get one of them, so maybe we will still be looking at one of these and another who I can't say is obvious to me
6 for me with Brooks has to be a brilliant type, not a Widdop, Foran or a Reynolds and whilst it's a long shot, Shaun Johnson is perfect, so why not start there
Fullback is tough, there aren't a lot around and definitely no Teddy's, maybe Latrelle Mitchell, at worst I reckon we get a top notch centre long term to partner Suli
As a HCC old boy, Moses and Woodsy, you've broke my heart, but we move on, and I am as always firmly on the Tigers bus and happy that Ivan has the wheel

Our bus looks much like the one out of the Partridge Family trying to compete with the Mercedes Benz luxury Road Coaches.

I am way over "the bus "reference thought it sounded a bit contrived to begin with now its just embarrassing.

As a long time Wests and Wests Tigers supporter I'll be extremely disappointed to lose an exceptional player like Teddy if he does wind up at the Chooks as has been rumoured and to a lesser extent Woods, if, as rumoured, he goes to the Dogs. Someone like Graham from the Dogs or maybe Packer from the Dragons could be a good replacement for Woods if either becomes available and Dugan might be amenable to a change of club given his current argument/s with St George over where they want him to play and the money on offer. Either way I'm sure we will survive these or any other departures. Seems a lot of players might be changing teams at year's end because of the mooted cap increase and/or the impact of over the top deals like Ben Hunt's reported $1.2m a year to join the Dragons

Did Woods attend Cross?

What theyve done is nothing compared to Benny…now that is shame for the school
Is his portrait still in the gym?

@ said:
I am way over "the bus "reference thought it sounded a bit contrived to begin with now its just embarrassing.

What's contrived about it? Commit or don't. Don't um and ahhh your way through the season.

@ said:

It was just a throwaway line by Cleary. Its the supporters who took it and ran with it.

@ said:
Our bus looks much like the one out of the Partridge Family trying to compete with the Mercedes Benz luxury Road Coaches.

Hahahahaha all we need now is Reuben to become our players manager!!!!

As Phil Gould said, we have not been winning with these guys. Last year was more a case of other teams being worse, not Tigers being better, back end of the season proved this. Time to move on and let them go and recruit new payers who want to be here.

@ said:
As Phil Gould said, we have not been winning with these guys. Last year was more a case of other teams being worse, not Tigers being better, back end of the season proved this. Time to move on and let them go and recruit new payers who want to be here.

100% correct. I have faith in Ivan that he will get the right guys, proper professional footballers - not precious 'stars'.

@happy tiger said:
The Bus wouldn't be appealing even if Sandra Bullock was driving it naked

I feel this is a lie. I for one would show keen interest in boarding that bus.

@ said:
@ said:

What's contrived about it? Commit or don't. Don't um and ahhh your way through the season.

The club has ummed and ahhed it's way through 17 seasons , seems only fair the players do it , don't you think ??

Don't see the rest of the players off contract at the other 15 clubs getting forced into a corner by their fans

@ said:

You still Sooking :roll

:bawling
:roll

How about will all chuck in and get you a Broncos membership :laughing:
Sooky la la la :laughing:

@ said:
@ said:

You still Sooking :roll

:roll

How about will all chuck in and get you a Broncos membership :laughing:
Sooky la la la :laughing:

How about we chuck out the current board and directors , get rid of all the Balmain and Wests factions till involved in the club and start again from scratch and GET IT RIGHT THIS TIME instead of moving the deck chairs continually and tell the fans everything is fine and we will be back on track shortly after this brief interlude ….yet again :deadhorse: :brick:

Back