Liddle PENALTY TRY

TieDye

GUYS, please cast your minds back to round 6 at Leichhardt, 2018 - against Manly.

Liddle impeded without even having contacted the ball this time, in much the same way Tuilagi was (hands around the arm/hand) and ref on field ruled either try because he would’ve scored or penalty try.

Begins from 7:00 minute mark onwards:

You’ll never believe who makes the final ruling.

I’m honestly lost for words. NRL ‘Bunker’ is a joke and this guy in particular is past his used-by date.

What is this all about?
Do you think that should not have been a try?

Yeah I’m confused. That’s a straight up penalty try to us, and was ruled as such. Where’s the controversy?

I did notice that Brooks short kicks were aimed a little straighter with runners coming in at angles. And were grubber kicks, not the old punt high and hope.
Assume the Cleary influence but think it worthwhile revisiting coz our high kick chase pretty pedestrian imo.

Because we weren't dudded then.

A push is not a hold back. It's still interference with a player without a ball.

You can ofcourse see what Luke Brooks is doing, he is holding his arms out to block the path of the attack... (or maybe falling??). That ofcourse is non contact. Contact is made on Brooks by Canberra who take him out as a defender.

Same situation, or similar enough. I get it.

Because we weren't dudded then.

A push is not a hold back. It's still interference with a player without a ball.

You can ofcourse see what Luke Brooks is doing, he is holding his arms out to block the path of the attack... (or maybe falling??). That ofcourse is non contact. Contact is made on Brooks by Canberra who take him out as a defender.

Same situation, or similar enough. I get it.
And the same people who supposedly knew the rule then, are just randomly forgetting?

Making new ones up after 80 minutes.

Members online

Back