Lote Tuqiri thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
Anderson's mail has been bang on so far and I'm sure a lot of people appreciate it….

Here's some new stuff for you from my mailman ....the delay in the announcement is due to the final sign off by the CFO on a third party deal which was expected by COB today...

As Anderson says....it will be soon........
 
@Geo. said:
Anderson's mail has been bang on so far and I'm sure a lot of people appreciate it….

Here's some new stuff for you from my mailman ....the delay in the announcement is due to the final sign off by the CFO on a third party deal which was expected by COB today...

As Anderson says....it will be soon........

we must have the same mailman LOL, nice work geo.
 
Once again posts have been deleted as it's obvious the concept of staying on topic and being polite and constructive with each other is a foreign concept to some, which is a shame. We are allowing more leeway with posts on the new forum, particularly in regards to rumours such as player signings. We still have rules however which are available for all to read.

Several rules have been constantly breached throughout this topic and as a result this thread will remain closed until something is officially announced regarding Tuqiri. If any of the other Moderators or Administrators have something to add to this thread, by all means please add to it.
 
Good words sirro

It's always a shame to have to close topics or delete posts because of pointless bickering.
Unfortunately the internet provides a mask that helps unless the keyboard warrior within.

At the end of the day it comes down to people having the maturity (and i say that in a positive way) to not attack others, to not react to such attacks and to understand that others don't like reading pages of immature, childish dribble.

This forum was built to foster a more liberalised arena within which fans could converse, debate and interact.
There is a LOT more freedom now than before, but the mod team will not hesitate to intervene when it's clear that people can't follow the simple rules of the site.

I'm sure that everyone would agree with this.
\
\
\
Now i've just spent 30 minutes going through the Tuqiri thread deleting posts that were NOT about Tuqiri.
Instead they were posts were people making smart-ass comments, pointless jibes and non-constructive remarks that were NOT related to Lote Tuqiri. I don't want to have to do it again.
\
\
Please grow up.
\
\
Can I also take this opportunity to apologise to the 99% of you who were just harmlessly reading the thread, waiting for any tid-bit or scrap of news on Lote's signing. Thank you for not kicking up a stink for no reason. It is because of you that I have re-opened this thread.
 
Thanks for reopening the thread Kul and all administrators.

Have been sweating on seeing the Tuquiri announcment and felt lost without this thread being available for up to date information.

I guess we will all have to wait until next week to see the announcement, can't see them doing it on the weekend.
 
hopefully this will be a thread worth reading for footy related info. This could be an important beginning for 2010, but as the days drag on I feel less inclined to believe that Lote will be coming to the Tigers. It would be fun to have a Moimoi like centre (fullback or whatever) on board.
 
@Pierre M7 said:
Im actually confident and hoping announcement will be made tomorrow.

Lote is ours

it's not a matter or "if", but "when"
 
Latest from Lote from his twitter page

should have a decision this week sometime boys.. Keep up the good work fellas.

He was responding to a twitter from the guys at sports today on 2UE.
 
**Lote Tuqiri ready to play in England**
By Andrew Webster in London From: The Daily Telegraph October 24, 2009 12:00AM
>
England-bound … Lote Tuqiri. Source: AFP
DISCARDED Wallaby Lote Tuqiri is expected to sign with an England rugby union club within days - but the Wests Tigers remain hopeful it won't scupper his eventual return to the NRL.
>
Tuqiri has been negotiating with London Irish and Leicester.
>
With the UK rugby season running until the end of May, it throws into jeopardy a return to the NRL to play with the Wests Tigers, which had been trying to nail Tuqiri to a three-year-deal.
>
**While the Tigers are prepared to let him accept the "lucrative'' sums on offer in the 15-man code, Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys expressed "disappointment'' that the dual international was on the verge of heading overseas.**
>
**"We've been made aware of the UK rugby interest in Lote,'' Humphreys said last night.**
>
"And we are interested to see if he does decide to take up those lucrative contract offers.
.
"While we're disappointed, we'd understand if he took what was on offer. But we'd be confident that Lote would want to play for the Wests Tigers given the conversations we've had with him and [his manager] Les Ross.''
>
It is clear that Tuqiri, whose contract with the Australian Rugby Union was torn up two months ago over a disciplinary breach, wants a pay day before returning to the NRL.
>
The Tigers are prepared to let him play union abroad but are hesitant to let him play as long as May next year.
Any deal is sure to be closely scrutinised, with NRL chief executive David Gallop confirming last night it would not register a contract with the Tigers if Tuqiri also had a deal to play UK rugby.
>
"If he is off contract from rugby union, he is free to sign with an NRL club,'' Gallop said.

Not what we wanted to hear…...............so it comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$

Made aware last night...........that stinks........

it;s the telecrap so 😛ray: they are WRONG.....
 
This Tiquiri circus is like none I have ever seen. I hope he doesn't parade himself around like a goose when he gets hear because we dont cop the raw prawn for anyone.
 
If we miss out on him and play next season 350-400k under the cap,our management will be held up to ridicule again.And never more rightly so.
 
Back
Top