Lote Tuqiri thread

  • Thread starter Thread starter Guest
  • Start date Start date
now the reports in todays paper are that he has offers for engligh rugby and if he goes it will will affect his decision to sign with the tigers as the english season finishes in May.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sport/nrl/lote-tuqiri-ready-to-play-in-england/story-e6frexnr-1225790563621" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
 
It truly has reached ridiculous proportions. French Rugby, Japanese Rugby, now it's English Rugby…Is money the driving force behind all this or are the media simply hyping this up beyond what it really is?

I'd like to think Lote has made up his mind and will be playing for the Tigers next season but geez he sure knows how to drag out his playing future.
 
Elias said on 2SM that Lote had enrolled the kids in a school in Balmain,which is where he currently resides,this is a dodgy start to what was supposed to be a good weekend
 
@Geo. said:
**Lote Tuqiri ready to play in England**
By Andrew Webster in London From: The Daily Telegraph October 24, 2009 12:00AM
>
England-bound … Lote Tuqiri. Source: AFP
DISCARDED Wallaby Lote Tuqiri is expected to sign with an England rugby union club within days - but the Wests Tigers remain hopeful it won't scupper his eventual return to the NRL.
>
Tuqiri has been negotiating with London Irish and Leicester.
>
With the UK rugby season running until the end of May, it throws into jeopardy a return to the NRL to play with the Wests Tigers, which had been trying to nail Tuqiri to a three-year-deal.
>
**While the Tigers are prepared to let him accept the "lucrative'' sums on offer in the 15-man code, Tigers chief executive Stephen Humphreys expressed "disappointment'' that the dual international was on the verge of heading overseas.**
>
**"We've been made aware of the UK rugby interest in Lote,'' Humphreys said last night.**
>
"And we are interested to see if he does decide to take up those lucrative contract offers.
.
"While we're disappointed, we'd understand if he took what was on offer. But we'd be confident that Lote would want to play for the Wests Tigers given the conversations we've had with him and [his manager] Les Ross.''
>
It is clear that Tuqiri, whose contract with the Australian Rugby Union was torn up two months ago over a disciplinary breach, wants a pay day before returning to the NRL.
>
The Tigers are prepared to let him play union abroad but are hesitant to let him play as long as May next year.
Any deal is sure to be closely scrutinised, with NRL chief executive David Gallop confirming last night it would not register a contract with the Tigers if Tuqiri also had a deal to play UK rugby.
>
"If he is off contract from rugby union, he is free to sign with an NRL club,'' Gallop said.

Not what we wanted to hear…...............so it comes down to $$$$$$$$$$$

Made aware last night...........that stinks........

it;s the telecrap so 😛ray: they are WRONG.....

guys remember this paper also guarenteed that craig gower would of been playing for the bulldogs in round 10 in 08.

its also the paper that said benji and robbie hated each other.
\
\
dont put to much credence into this story
 
Me too…..... :stuck_out_tongue:

Wasn't there something from the Leicester Tigers about 10 pages ago that said they where not intersted....... :unamused:

Oh and what about the October 8 Dean Ritchie _exclusive_ that he would sign with us in the next few days...

It truely is becoming a circus......
 
@tiga4eva said:
Months of speculation and we end up with ZERO ?. Benny Elias ur credibility just went out the window brother

as ive said many of times, just relax, im 100% confident lote will be here next year, dont believe the paper beat up. remember its a slow time of year for big sports news, they will grasp on to anything that will sell papers.
 
@tiga4eva said:
Keep us posted Ando,the quality of my young family's weekend hinges on this decision.

lol no worries mate.

this is all news to me, ive heard nothing along my grape vine of UK rugby even being an option, let alone days away from signing, that why im not taking this story to serious, im currently trying to find out how much truth is in this story, will let everyone know if i can squeeze out some info on this
 
@Icon said:
this reminds me of a documentary i watched a few months ago.

A group of Christian Evangelist waiting for the second coming of Jesus.

The leader predicted a day and they all stood on a hill singing hymns waiting for the book of revelations to manifest.

I have a feeling there is going to be a lot of disappointed Wests Tigers.

But don't worry, after it didn't happen another day was predicted in the future and so they waited.

I think lote is all about money, he's been playing everyone like a fine tuned guitar. Believe at your own peril.
 
Geez,the tele,publishes a fluff piece that states abslotely nothing and Elias has no credibility,the team sucks,Sheens must go Tuquiri is a money hungry bastich etc etc.

Get a grip for Oprah's sake.
 
I really don't understand that article

Without sounding like a showbag, I've heard word from several separate independent sources all saying that he is all but signed.
This, tied in with the posts made by some people on this site and other sites all seem to confirm the same thing.

Honestly, i'd say that this article will result in two things:
1 - leaving us all flabbergasted as Lote was "99%" ours, or
2 - making the Tele look like a bunch of idiots

had this been 2007 i'd say both options were just as likely…
we're about to find out
 
@tiga4eva said:
If we miss out on him and play next season 350-400k under the cap,our management will be held up to ridicule again.And never more rightly so.

nah,you still have around 6 players that will stuff up over the off season and the tigers will be ready to pounce. 😱pen_mouth:
 
@Kul said:
Honestly, i'd say that this article will result in two things:
1 - leaving us all flabbergasted as Lote was "99%" ours, or
2 - making the Tele look like a bunch of idiots

Either way they will look like idiots because of the _Dean Ritchie Exclusive_ that Tuqiri was days away from signing with us.

Two articles that contradict themselves…

And uncle Rupert wants people to pay money to view news online... What a joke :laughing:
 
@Kul said:
I really don't understand that article

Without sounding like a showbag, I've heard word from several separate independent sources all saying that he is all but signed.
This, tied in with the posts made by some people on this site and other sites all seem to confirm the same thing.

Honestly, i'd say that this article will result in two things:
1 - leaving us all flabbergasted as Lote was "99%" ours, or
2 - making the Tele look like a bunch of idiots

had this been 2007 i'd say both options were just as likely…
we're about to find out

UK rugby is all news to me, like i said ive heard nothing about this along my grape vine so i dunno how true it is, but ill tell you and everyone this, if it does turn out to be true, ill post my 2 sources on this site just so everyone knows where my info is/was coming from and alot on here will be shocked at who they are.
\
\
but i truly believe in my sources and that lote is coming here next year, the tele has a history of false reporting and i believe this to be one of them.
 
The papers also said Cayless was a done deal with the Broncos, with little to no evidence to back up the claim.. and this was what? 24 hours before he was announced as a 2 year deal with us?
 
@Geo. said:
Me too…..... :stuck_out_tongue:

Wasn't there something from the Leicester Tigers about 10 pages ago that said they where not intersted....... :unamused:

Oh and what about the October 8 Dean Ritchie _exclusive_ that he would sign with us in the next few days...

It truely is becoming a circus......

It is way past becoming a circus,it is one,and the Weststigers are the clowns,forget this money hungry winger and buy Lima.
 
The difference here Dano is that our CEO acknowledges the story.

Lote's "Twitter" says a decision coming next week…........so, all this "deal was done" talk on here has been BS.

If any of you saw the Souths doco a few years back, you'll know that Tuqiris ego is MASSIVE and that he always strings teams a long to get a better deal. He's always been about himself / having his ego stroked then taking the $$$ wherever it's highest.

It's sad that we look like the team who've been strung along this time.
 
**Translation = we've been told "there's a better offer somewhere else. Thanks for all the whining and dining fellas.**
\
\
"We've been made aware of the UK rugby interest in Lote," Humphreys said.

"And we are interested to see if he does decide to take up those lucrative contract offers.

"While we're disappointed, we'd understand if he took what was on offer. But we'd be confident that Lote would want to play for the Wests Tigers given the conversations we've had with him and (his manager) Les Ross."
 
Back
Top