Luciano Leilua

I think he's one of those players that's just too dubious defensively to play significant minutes. He's a very good attacking player and can go big minutes, but his defensive reads and enthusiasm in defense is very unreliable. He was fine for us, but our whole team was weak. I think he'll be valuable to the dragons if he goes there. Personally wouldn't want him here, I think the biggest fundamental of playing 2nd row in NRL is being very good defensively.

I think he's one of those players that's just too dubious defensively to play significant minutes. He's a very good attacking player and can go big minutes, but his defensive reads and enthusiasm in defense is very unreliable. He was fine for us, but our whole team was weak. I think he'll be valuable to the dragons if he goes there. Personally wouldn't want him here, I think the biggest fundamental of playing 2nd row in NRL is being very good defensively.
Should this thread be called released by cowboys.

I'm just curious as to how much the Cowboys are willing to chip in, don't they currently have him on somewhere around the $700k mark?

The Cowboys release statement

Club statement: Luciano Leilua​

Cowboys.com.au
Fri 23 Feb 2024, 10:25 AM

Share on social media​

The North Queensland Cowboys have released Luciano Leilua from the remainder of his contract, effective immediately.
Leilua had been stood down from all club activity since pleading guilty to a low-range drink driving charge earlier in February.
“We thank Luciano for his service to our club and wish him, Dora and their family well in their return home to NSW,” Cowboys General Manager of Football Micheal Luck said.

Those charges were dropped...

Yeah, I know but they were obviously trying to stick it to him on his way out so a casual mention of previous charges that were dropped would've been the icing on the shit cake they were serving him.

The Cowboys release statement

Club statement: Luciano Leilua​

Cowboys.com.au
Fri 23 Feb 2024, 10:25 AM

Share on social media​

The North Queensland Cowboys have released Luciano Leilua from the remainder of his contract, effective immediately.
Leilua had been stood down from all club activity since pleading guilty to a low-range drink driving charge earlier in February.
“We thank Luciano for his service to our club and wish him, Dora and their family well in their return home to NSW,” Cowboys General Manager of Football Micheal Luck said.
Sounds like Super League is calling.

Luciano will be following in his brothers footsteps. Drags have paid massive overs for a headache.

He is supposed to be going to the dragons at 900k per year if you believe the tabloid idiots
The Dragons haven't made an official announcement, but it sounds like it is happening. They are desperate just like we were when we signed Joey and then him.

I can hear Super League calling if he doesn't fire this year and justify the reported $900k contract.

Back