Luke Brooks #167

Despite all the negavity especially from the Maguire hardcore, I remain positive.

Surely you must be thinking Sheens isn't up to it now. How long do you give him. I think we are done this season. I don't think we have the cattle and we don't have some gun coach who will have the team well drilled and performing to their best.

Credit to Kepoa.... he's been quite poor for us over the years and played out of position regularly.

He's come back this year and he's been 1 of the only standouts - doing everything asked of him, playing out of position and playing well.

If only some of the other players responded as well as he has, we wouldn't be so disgusted and annoyed today.
AJ's development has been thwarted by injury just like Blore and Talau have been. The coaches have all stayed solid and stuck to these players - this year has always been about delivering.

Surely you must be thinking Sheens isn't up to it now. How long do you give him. I think we are done this season. I don't think we have the cattle and we don't have some gun coach who will have the team well drilled and performing to their best.
Quite the opposite. In both games, we let ourselves down with mistakes and an inability to finish off the opportunities we created.

I thought Brooks showed a lot of promise against Knights. Looked like he was playing injury free and with his first game since July ‘22 out of the way, he was running freely again.
Looks like the coach (whoever that is) has given him some freedom to play what he sees more often.

AD has been directly involved in all our (albeit minimal) tries, to call him overrated and still want Brooks in the team is very stiff imo. Brooks has a fat 0 for try involvements probably since 2021

Im not saying adam is the answer but just relatively speaking

AD has been directly involved in all our (albeit minimal) tries, to call him overrated and still want Brooks in the team is very stiff imo. Brooks has a fat 0 for try involvements probably since 2021

I'm guessing you don't actually watch football?
- Too busy jotting down brainless takes for your forum posts?

What about the tries he's scored.... That's not considered "involvements"

Way too early to go off on Sheens.

Youve given Brooks ten years but now its Tims fault lol.

After two rounds!

I thought Brooks showed a lot of promise against Knights. Looked like he was playing injury free and with his first game since July ‘22 out of the way, he was running freely again.
Looks like the coach (whoever that is) has given him some freedom to play what he sees more often.
Looked fine for 5/8.

Thats the issue, play him at 5/8 and i think no one has a problem with him. He does enough.

Way too early to go off on Sheens.

Youve given Brooks ten years but now its Tims fault lol.

After two rounds!

Are you female and have we slept together. My wife does the same thing. I say one thing and she twists it into something else.

I'm not giving Sheens 2 rounds. I've said in multiple posts on this forum it's 2 weeks in. There is plenty of time this season and I think he is here for the next 2 years. So you can drop that one.

I'm not giving Brooks anything at all. All I stated was last week he was our best player out of a bad bunch and he shouldn't be copping the brunt of the blame for that loss. There were a lot more poor performers than him out there.

Looked fine for 5/8.

Thats the issue, play him at 5/8 and i think no one has a problem with him. He does enough.

Geez. It's almost like you are 100% agreeing with me.

I should add to this one that Brooksy has been playing as a 6 for at least all of last season onwards.

Last edited:
One of the observations from the Knights game I have made, watching the way Brooks carries the ball when he runs with it, compared to how Hastings and Api and to a lesser degree Gamble and Doueihi... Both Hastings and Api around 70 per cent of the time will carry the ball out in front of their body with two hands as square as possible to the opposition goal post allowing them 3 options whilst putting a rushing defence in two minds. A switchback inside, dropping the ball to the foot and the obvious structured outside-back play if they chose so. Also, if they put in a double pump or a mini pump this too can cause the defensive line to hesitate should they try to break out of line and shut the playdown.. unfortunately for Brooks, he doesn't do it enough or very little. The couple of times he did run with the ball out in front, he actually held onto it and made a good run. I can't believe Marshall, or any of the other coaches haven't identified this issue with Brooks when he gets the ball, any team defending Brooks would feel confident about his options of play when he runs and also confident about rushing up on the predictable option Brooks goes for 99 times out of 100..If they can fix up this part of his game it may help him.

Geez. It's almost like you are 100% agreeing with me.

I should add to this one that Brooksy has been playing as a 6 for at least all of last season onwards.
Since round 1 last year I reckon.
Some should go back and watch the games with Madden in the team.

Sorry, I originally posted that this is a fair post. But I missed the line about "since 2021".

Have to disagree with that. Brooks has had more try involvements then anyone in the club easily of that period.

Fair point about Doueihi so far this year though

Tries whos scored? Make some sense please.

Also why are you so cut? Did I offend Brooks too hard for you lover boy?
Brooks has scored tries, Set up Plenty - Kicked for others
That's just in last years games.

ps: Not cut at all....
Would be a lonely old world if I got cut from dumfarks here...
Congrats on making the cut though.

Brooks has scored tries, Set up Plenty - Kicked for others
That's just in last years games.

ps: Not cut at all....
Would be a lonely old world if I got cut from dumfarks here...
Congrats on making the cut though.
Having a go at me suggests your probably cut or naturally an angry, sad person. Just saying, its not hard to decipher

Latest posts

Back