Luke Brooks #167

Imagine sheens saying that Bateman couldn’t join the FG until he learnt the plays lol.

Nek minut

U8’s runaround. Soon enough the forwards will have to pass twice before a try can be scored. Sheenius.
The only two plays we have are the very slow shuffle along the line from one semi stationary player. to another,.or the telegraphed pass to the man inside about 2 metres from the defence.without drawing anyone..usually accompanied by a long look at each other so the defence can get set and slam us
Pedestrian doesn't begin to describe it
Manly were ordinary..we were worse
Its a coaching issue more than anything

The only two plays we have are the very slow shuffle along the line from one semi stationary player. to another,.or the telegraphed pass to the man inside about 2 metres from the defence.without drawing anyone..usually accompanied by a long look at each other so the defence can get set and slam us
Pedestrian doesn't begin to describe it
Manly were ordinary..we were worse
Its a coaching issue more than anything
"the very slow shuffle along the line from one semi stationary player. to another,"
This scintillating play is my favourite, but I think you have forgotten about the multiple options we have in the play book under kicks, my particular favourite being the "too-long grubber", kicked away from the support players achieving the highly sort after 7 tackle set for the opposition.

The drop off Papali'i while obviously the most painful mistake, doesn't actually bother me too much. Those things happen, even to the best of players.

It's the consistent impotence in attacking zones which is the problem. The fact we're completely directionless when we get inside the opponent's 20. We seldom create overlaps - Brooks' shortcomings are two-fold in that a lot of what he actually does isn't very good, but there's so many things that a halfback/half with better awareness would be able to see. The overlaps are there, the backline moves would be there - he just doesn't make the right choices or see them.

Only Penrith has had better field position than us on average in their games. Only the Broncos make more metres than us. Two of the competition's favourites. We do everything right until we need to score points. Then we completely crap the bed. Unless you think we're on some run of historically, unfathomably bad luck, the fingers need to be pointed at our halves. Koroisau has been amazing. The backs are finishing the tries they should be finishing. The forwards are making metres and winning the battle in the middle of the field and we've gotten adequate fullback play out of Staines and now Bula. It's on Brooks unfortunately.

Fair play to those who bag blokes when they actually make mistakes but one element of our game we did well today was force goal line drop outs, I think we forced about four and were unlucky in the first half when Bateman tickled one dead when he was no chance of scoring. If our halves can keep kicking into the in goals like that it’s a good thing. I’m not excusing the other shit they did wrong just calling it as I see it.
yeah i was just having a laugh, i should of fact-checked my joke.

I put it partially on our halves who take poor options in attack but also on the lack of x-factor. I was genuinely surprised to see To’a beat a man to score today, I just didn’t think our centres were capable of creating a try out of nothing. That’s a worry. Also we lost the game on a contested bomb. Why the [This word has been automatically removed] don’t we contest kicks? Our outside backs are nearly as bad as our halves (Tupou and Bula excluded because they’re young and learning).
Backs are serviceable, our halves are not

I have stopped watching WT's games as I am done with Brooks' unwavering incompetence. Once again the statistics show a different story to the final score, much like the Titans, Knights and Slime games. It feels like someone's ego is preventing our special boy from ever bring dropped, so each game in this futile experiment is groundhog day. This year Brooks has led us to defeat with 56%, 57% and 58% possession. That has to be some kind of record! A big congratulations is definitely in order for stinking it up so consistently for so long. I can't wait to miss Brooks' 200th game of :poop: next month. Hopefully his banner flattens him once again.

As they said on 2gb, if DCE was playing as Tigers halfback instead of Brooks, the Tigers would have won today and easily.
Embarrassing eh..

Brooks has nothing.

If the day ever comes we have a decent 7, even a serviceable 7... Jeff Robson like - we aren't even going to know ourselves.

Back