Luke Brooks #167

Just reading about how the Tigers players are getting around Brooks. Pathetic and puerile, this has happened so many times over the past few years it’s now predictable.
Team goes bad , highest paid player and game manager blamed, teammates rally around him.
Makes me want to be ill. What is it about this guy that makes him so protected by everyone in the joint when his record as a playmaker stinks and the club continues to underperform.
Stop it Tigers, just win some bloody games and the pressure will go right off him, and the rest of you.
I don’t quite understand your post.

What you describe is great work place culture. Do you think he would play better if they shunned him? Publicly denounced him?

It’s not brooks fault he’s on a mil. The other players have no control over the selections or contracts. The best sides are united and loyal that’s what is being presented here. Whether it’s a true representation of what’s happening behind the scenes could be speculation.

Im not defending Brooks performances but I am proud of the boys if they are working together to turn it around.

I don’t quite understand your post.

What you describe is great work place culture. Do you think he would play better if they shunned him? Publicly denounced him?

It’s not brooks fault he’s on a mil. The other players have no control over the selections or contracts. The best sides are united and loyal that’s what is being presented here. Whether it’s a true representation of what’s happening behind the scenes could be speculation.

Im not defending Brooks performances but I am proud of the boys if they are working together to turn it around.
Don’t disagree with any of your comments about culture, but just feel that enough players over many years have rallied round Brooks in a similar way, but the outcome never seems to change.
Either for the individual, or the team.

Reactions: 851
I’m not defending the performance of the team or the coaching team’s inability to produce a team performance, who could possibly, we’re heading into round 9 without the likelihood of chalking up a win. In fact we haven’t had much success with this new coaching set up since we sacked Madge.
I would however, like to point to a flawed logic, something so strongly embedded into the club’s culture that it has taken hold into the minds of its supporters. I’m talking about the undesirable results translating to a particular person’s fault, and in the natural course of events, it follows that removing said particular person from the equation will make everything better.
The club has been doing this for 20 years and continues with this focus without recognising that this collective behaviour has us firmly anchored to the bottom of the ladder.
If the club’s main reason for it’s existence was to win premierships there would be more focus on activity and behaviours which give us direction to this end.
The club always seems to know who they don’t want before they know who they do.
Is the question..who can we sack to improve things?
Or..
What can we do better?

You’re totally correct mate but won’t happen.
There have been more than enough chances, over many years, to give him a stint in the Reggie’s but it’s never happened before, and it’s not going to happen now.
Can’t tell you why but the whole thing is a sick joke that we just have to live with. Makes my blood boil that he keeps getting this special treatment.
Is he f.ucking the bosses daughter? Its mind blowing how protected he is .The main men in-charge should look at the statistics and at least consider dropping him and see if we notice some sort of improvement as they do with any and every other player.
West Tigers the travelling circus

• Wow
Reactions: BZN
Is he f.ucking the bosses daughter? Its mind blowing how protected he is .The main men in-charge should look at the statistics and at least consider dropping him and see if we notice some sort of improvement as they do with any and every other player.
West Tigers the travelling circus
Not sure that’s the reason H, but an interesting thought process, it just seems he is a Koala for sure.( for whatever reason)
I think you’re talking too honestly and logically to solve this problem.
Would be interesting if we had a Bennett or Robinson in the coaching role, and whether he could survive them .

Not sure that’s the reason H, but an interesting thought process, it just seems he is a Koala for sure.( for whatever reason)
I think you’re talking too honestly and logically to solve this problem.
Would be interesting if we had a Bennett or Robinson in the coaching role, and whether he could survive them .
Bennett's and Robinson give him a spell with out a doubt. One thing Robinson is part of the furniture at the Rooster,Bennett is the GOAT these kind of coaches don't stuff around.West tigers have had multiple coaches over a short period and probably detrimental to Brooks

Latest posts

Staff online

Back