Luke Brooks #167

I think it's better for Luke to go, and better for the club too.

People carrying on way too much on all sides of this discussion. If he was going to be the difference between constantly regressing and making the finals we would have seen it by now. I'm not blaming him, but he can't save us either or I think we might have seen it by now.

Yes it's a huge problem we might have no replacement, but the club is run by idiots, that's on them and paying overs is just as bad. Wakeham and a random Sheen's selection at 6 is likely imo, and pretty much sums up the last few years.

This is Sheens suck it and see year...
He's testing the squad - Throwing in young blokes etc.

Next year he's shooting for top 4... He's not getting there without a half.

I noticed in the media it was a 2 year deal...
Then he said no and it was all of a sudden a 3 year deal?
Yes, I saw that also. Maybe Lee’s comment re..”it’s sad and disappointing” prompted the board to revise their offer?

Was told tonight he is staying 600K 3 year contract by a Parramatta mate so who knows

If that is the case i would be comfortable with that, gives our juniors time to come through doesnt break the bank. Most importantly gives us a chance of trying to put a dominant and controlling half next to him at 7 and let him run as a 6 like he always has been.
For me Brooks has always been pegged as the guy who owns the team he can't deal with that so just let him run play 2nd fiddle. We shall see anyway only thing is i'd prefer 2 yrs and a mutual option or CO.

Where are they now?
A look at the 2018 nsw blues squad..

Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues Squad​

Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos), Kotoni Staggs (Brisbane Broncos), Jack Wighton (Canberra Raiders), Nick Cotric (Canberra Raiders), Wade Graham (Cronulla Sharks), Curtis Sironen (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles), Tom Trbojevic (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles), Jake Trbojevic (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles), Josh Addo-Carr (Melbourne Storm), Dale Finucane (Melbourne Storm), David Klemmer (Newcastle Knights), Mitchell Pearce (Newcastle Knights), Daniel Saifiti (Newcastle Knights), Nathan Brown (Parramatta Eels), Blake Ferguson (Parramatta Eels), Clint Gutherson (Parramatta Eels), Ryan Matterson (Parramatta Eels), Mitchell Moses (Parramatta Eels), Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers), Boyd Cordner (Sydney Roosters), Angus Crichton (Sydney Roosters), Luke Keary (Sydney Roosters), Latrell Mitchell (Sydney Roosters), Victor Radley (Sydney Roosters), James Tedesco (Sydney Roosters), Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs), James Roberts (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Cody Walker (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Cameron McInnes (St. George-Illawarra Dragons), Tyson Frizell (St. George-Illawarra Dragons), Tariq Sims (St. George-Illawarra Dragons), Paul Vaughan (St. George-Illawarra Dragons), Luke Brooks (Wests Tigers)

Where are they now?
A look at the 2018 nsw blues squad..

Brydens Lawyers NSW Blues Squad​

Payne Haas (Brisbane Broncos), Kotoni Staggs (Brisbane Broncos), Jack Wighton (Canberra Raiders), Nick Cotric (Canberra Raiders), Wade Graham (Cronulla Sharks), Curtis Sironen (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles), Tom Trbojevic (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles), Jake Trbojevic (Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles), Josh Addo-Carr (Melbourne Storm), Dale Finucane (Melbourne Storm), David Klemmer (Newcastle Knights), Mitchell Pearce (Newcastle Knights), Daniel Saifiti (Newcastle Knights), Nathan Brown (Parramatta Eels), Blake Ferguson (Parramatta Eels), Clint Gutherson (Parramatta Eels), Ryan Matterson (Parramatta Eels), Mitchell Moses (Parramatta Eels), Nathan Cleary (Penrith Panthers), Boyd Cordner (Sydney Roosters), Angus Crichton (Sydney Roosters), Luke Keary (Sydney Roosters), Latrell Mitchell (Sydney Roosters), Victor Radley (Sydney Roosters), James Tedesco (Sydney Roosters), Damien Cook (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Cameron Murray (South Sydney Rabbitohs), James Roberts (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Cody Walker (South Sydney Rabbitohs), Cameron McInnes (St. George-Illawarra Dragons), Tyson Frizell (St. George-Illawarra Dragons), Tariq Sims (St. George-Illawarra Dragons), Paul Vaughan (St. George-Illawarra Dragons), Luke Brooks (Wests Tigers)
Only a couple on there that never played an origin game

🤣 Brooks’ Manager will have to move to PLAN B now to ravage our kitty … maybe manufacture a few more teams that are “interested”
Or if he is in fact smart and wants to look after Luke and extract the dollars out of Wests Tigers, come up with a reasonable #7 to partner Luke so he can stay here as a one team player.

As I expected, Sheens moving toward a second offer to Brooks.
Maybe took a punt that no one else really interested in signing Brooks but allowing the market to tell Brooks that.
Second offer about to land. I’m predicting that LB is going nowhere.

Maybe took a punt that no one else really interested in signing Brooks but allowing the market to tell Brooks that.
I hope this is wrong because the last thing we need is our halfback kicking stones due to him signing here as no one else wanted him.

Lol goofy mental gymnastics.

So what your saying is sheens really wanted brooks, but didn’t want to pay him much ( cause brooks is not worth much) and risked loosing him to a rival club ( knowing no other club would take him, cause it’s brooks ) and on top of all this risk had no plan b for the club?

Lol, sheenius.

Yes, I saw that also. Maybe Lee’s comment re..”it’s sad and disappointing” prompted the board to revise their offer?
I see it a little differently. I think there are elements in the club that want him gone. They low balled Brooks so he wouldn’t accept. My feeling they knew the dollars to keep him and I imagine he and his management would have had preliminary discussions and fhe final offer was way lower fhan what was anticipated.

I think it was also to Sheens and Benji placated who do want to keep him.

Hagipantelis’ comments are more tokenistic than sincere. The board can exonerate themselves by saying “we tried” etc.

Regardless of what people think of Luke as a player, I think he at least deserves the respect to be dealt with honestly and professionally. If the club wants him to move - tell him. Don’t provide a low ball offer and then make remarks in the media that shift blame etc.

BTW Personally, I am on the fence with Brooks going or staying. Prima facie he should probably move on but in the absence of anyone else a 2 year reduced contract as a running six may work.

Still think the only way we can get a few good players to come in is the old set up a meeting with each target , they walk in the room 10 minutes apart , have a very large white board on the wall with the team players marked in position ,
Bateman , Appi, Klemmer , I Pap , etc etc all in position on the board , then as the potential player arrives he sees say Ben Hunt in the room and looks up and it’s got Bens name in red in the 7 spot , client looks around says whats this Sheens and Benj say oh. Hears your spot in Red , once they all arrive see the team in fulll get the speel over , then rest of our players come in to the room and gee them up with with come on guys have a look at that finals bound team , get on Board
Targets
Ben Hunt
Averiilo
Frizz
sorry this landed in the wrong spot

keep Brooks and buy Hunt I think it would be deadly good

Lol goofy mental gymnastics.

So what your saying is sheens really wanted brooks, but didn’t want to pay him much ( cause brooks is not worth much) and risked loosing him to a rival club ( knowing no other club would take him, cause it’s brooks ) and on top of all this risk had no plan b for the club?

Lol, sheenius.
Yes.

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online

Back