Luke Brooks #167

Nobody deserves to win a competition, unless your opponent cheated. Asked all the cyclists Armstrong beat.
You can believe what you like, people believe all sorts of stupid stuff, like the earth is flat, doesn’t make it true, but it is incorrect to say someone who did not win something fair and square deserves it more than someone who did win it fair and square. It’s just that simple.
Anyway I must have been really bored getting onto the Luke brooks thread and then debating something so illogical with a Brooks hater.
IF? the earth isn't flat,its the shape of this thread Around and around and around it goes

Sheens won a premiership and got us finals bound. But 10 years for 3 finals is not good footy. He did better than Madge but Sheens record ain’t that good either.
Yes, but compared to the terry lambs, Wayne Pearce, mick potter and the Fadge. He’s a world apart, you can’t just look the record u have to take into account that our club has been a basket case for basically the whole merger. Administration has been poor as well as the financial side. I think sheens did great considering all that. He’s not the greatest coach in the comp but we could never attract that type not even an untried ciraldo would come here.
Sheens has done a great job with recruitment so far. Much better than his predecessor who had the money to buy Latrell and several others but couldn’t land the blow. I hope that the new attacking style of play works, but I do appreciate that he’s trying to change the game for the better. Cause let’s face it the game is getting more boring by the minute.

Nobody deserves to win a competition, unless your opponent cheated. Asked all the cyclists Armstrong beat.
You can believe what you like, people believe all sorts of stupid stuff, like the earth is flat, doesn’t make it true, but it is incorrect to say someone who did not win something fair and square deserves it more than someone who did win it fair and square. It’s just that simple.
Anyway I must have been really bored getting onto the Luke brooks thread and then debating something so illogical with a Brooks hater.
I criticise him I’ll be the first to put my hand up, but I criticise on what I see him produce on the field. I don’t hate the guy, but I wouldn’t mind seeing him go unless he can play to the level that should be required from him in this stage of his career. He’s no Cronk or Thurston or even Johns, but can you honestly say that he’s made the team better? Has he stepped up when we needed him to? That’s the questions that after 10 years the answer I feel is no. If he can finally step up this year then I’ll be fine with him staying but if he doesn’t we have to cut him loose how many chances can one guy get?

Yes, but compared to the terry lambs, Wayne Pearce, mick potter and the Fadge. He’s a world apart, you can’t just look the record u have to take into account that our club has been a basket case for basically the whole merger. Administration has been poor as well as the financial side. I think sheens did great considering all that. He’s not the greatest coach in the comp but we could never attract that type not even an untried ciraldo would come here.
Sheens has done a great job with recruitment so far. Much better than his predecessor who had the money to buy Latrell and several others but couldn’t land the blow. I hope that the new attacking style of play works, but I do appreciate that he’s trying to change the game for the better. Cause let’s face it the game is getting more boring by the minute.
In regards to Latrell even if Madge wasn’t coach there was no way he was gonna come here. We had no chance from the minute we tried to sign him as soon as Souths got involved we all knew that’s where he was going. He tried to recruit JAC as well as others but I don’t think the blame entirely falls on him. We had that guy not responding to emails and not getting back to talent that we’ve possibly could’ve signed that Sheens sacked after the 2021 season. His name escapes me for now but I think you know who I’m talking about.

Sheens I agree with you he’s certainly not the greatest coach that’s ever coached the game. Bennett and Bellamy are the two greatest coaches. Bellamy takes the crown now but Bennet had that title in the 90’s early 2000s without a doubt.

Admin has been poor won’t argue on that, and Sheens probably did the best he could given the circumstances. But I still think it was poor of him to appoint himself the role I get why he did, but surely there was someone else we could’ve tried. Maybe I’m just thinking wishfully.

I hope his second stint is a successful one and I hope all the boys do well. But I’m not getting my hopes up. We have recruited well, but we do have talent here that have been here for a while and still haven’t stepped up.

The last time he won it Madge gave it to him to try and keep his job after Brooks deliberately tanked against the Dogs. The fact it caused a media outrage and that Brooks didn't finish top 5 in player's player tells me all I need to know how much the Kelly Barnes award means
interested to know where you found the voting list?

I find this a bit rough. Like him or not, he won it fair and square, didn’t cheat the rules or the cap and it wasn’t his fault everyone in front of him fell over.
Are you going round to Stephen Bradbury’s house to demand he give back his Olympic gold medal coz he didn’t deserve it?
True. He won it because most other halfbacks that year missed significant amounts of footy through injury. He definitely Bradbury'd it

In regards to Latrell even if Madge wasn’t coach there was no way he was gonna come here. We had no chance from the minute we tried to sign him as soon as Souths got involved we all knew that’s where he was going. He tried to recruit JAC as well as others but I don’t think the blame entirely falls on him. We had that guy not responding to emails and not getting back to talent that we’ve possibly could’ve signed that Sheens sacked after the 2021 season. His name escapes me for now but I think you know who I’m talking about.

Sheens I agree with you he’s certainly not the greatest coach that’s ever coached the game. Bennett and Bellamy are the two greatest coaches. Bellamy takes the crown now but Bennet had that title in the 90’s early 2000s without a doubt.

Admin has been poor won’t argue on that, and Sheens probably did the best he could given the circumstances. But I still think it was poor of him to appoint himself the role I get why he did, but surely there was someone else we could’ve tried. Maybe I’m just thinking wishfully.

I hope his second stint is a successful one and I hope all the boys do well. But I’m not getting my hopes up. We have recruited well, but we do have talent here that have been here for a while and still haven’t stepped up.
Hartigan is the name that escapes you.We could of hired Flannagan

I criticise him I’ll be the first to put my hand up, but I criticise on what I see him produce on the field. I don’t hate the guy, but I wouldn’t mind seeing him go unless he can play to the level that should be required from him in this stage of his career. He’s no Cronk or Thurston or even Johns, but can you honestly say that he’s made the team better? Has he stepped up when we needed him to? That’s the questions that after 10 years the answer I feel is no. If he can finally step up this year then I’ll be fine with him staying but if he doesn’t we have to cut him loose how many chances can one guy get?
Cronk Thurston or John's??? I'd be stoked if Brooks could play to anywhere near the level of an Adam Reynolds, Chad Townsend or Jamal Fogerty. He's miles off even those guys

Cronk Thurston or John's??? I'd be stoked if Brooks could play to anywhere near the level of an Adam Reynolds, Chad Townsend or Jamal Fogerty. He's miles off even those guys
True but I just named those 3 as they were the first that came to mind.

I got no problem with you being critical and having an opinion on what you see him play like.
Our debate started when you said he did not deserve to win the Dally M, when he won it fair and square.
I enjoyed the robust discussion we’ve had regarding that. It’s what I come here for.
Happy Oz day Glen, go the Tigers!

Back