Luke Brooks #167

Publically has said it, it doesn’t mean he’s telling the truth. Not everything that gets told to the media is going to be true. If Brooks doesn’t kick on there’s no justifying him staying after this season. If his best attribute is running, that means he’s more of a 6 than 7. I hope to god if there is one Brooks will do good this year, but am not getting my hopes up as he’s good at letting the fans and club down.
Cleary was tailoring his game plans to the strengths of his players. This could get messy for the Maguire hardcore.

You keep repeating the highlighted sentence in the hope that if you repeat it enough times it will become fact.😁

Cleary was tailoring his game plans to the strengths of his players. This could get messy for the Maguire hardcore.

You keep repeating the highlighted sentence in the hope that if you repeat it enough times it will become fact.😁
We haven’t kicked the season off yet so tell me why the club should sit down with Brooks and discuss a new deal? What has he done that’s worthy of an extension? And please try to write a genuine answer instead of fanboy b.s.

Last edited:

Cleary relied on the strengths of Benji and later Farah to give the team some direction. He was well aware of their use by date and jumped as soon as the opportunity arose.

We haven’t kicked the season off yet so tell me why the club should sit down with Brooks and discuss a new deal? What has he done that’s worthy of an extension? And please try to write a genuine answer instead of fanboy b.s.
Why re-sign him now?
Brooks would be currently at his lowest value, so signing him now would have the least impact on our cap.
If the club's power brokers believe he can produce quality football in an improved side nit would make sense to extend him it before he can showcase this to other potential suitors. Additionally, one can look at the other options likely to become available and assess if there likely will be a better alternative. If they do not believe there will be then again signing him now would make sense.
As for what has he done? I guess you will think all evidence would be 'fanboy b.s.' but I read this on another site today.
"And yet: if you factor in the meagre amount of ball he gets compared to other halves, his return is actually pretty good. His try assists are middle of the road, but when you factor in that the Wests Tigers are far from middle of the pack, it’s probably an overperformance. His linebreak assists are elite, suggesting that he’s putting blokes through gaps, but they aren’t capitalising on it.

His per possession creativity numbers are better than Sam Walker’s, as are his line engagements and his attacking kicks too. Difference is that Walker passes them to someone good, and Brooks doesn’t.

This isn’t a knock on Walker, by the way, but a reflection of a similar, rated player who flits between 6 and 7 but in a different, better team. Context is everything."

Last edited:
That is the uncomfortable truth for his detractors. What is even more uncomfortable is he won it under the coaching of Cleary.
Literally nobody cares about that award apart from the bloke who keeps bringing it up as if it has any kind of relevance.

More importantly the on-field results have been garbage for a decade - including a wooden spoon.

That'll go in the record books too. How good.

That was a fluke him winning that award. Fact that he hasn’t won it since shows that. Most players can win the awards more than once. I highly doubt he’ll win the award under Sheens as well, but I’ll just settle for him finally doing good and leading the team.
Most players improve with time and experience, but yeah, how about that amazing award he won 5 years ago...

I know right, its obviously everyone else's fault and definitely not the play makers fault the team for the last decade struggles to score points and win games. Must have been the 100 players that came and went and definitely not the same constant numpty that's been there the entire time in the halves.
Again this isn't accurate. Look at our points scored in relation to our ladder position for the majority of Brooks career. Then explain how struggling to score points has been the problem.

Why re-sign him now?
Brooks would be currently at his lowest value, so signing him now would have the least impact on our cap.
If the club's power brokers believe he can produce quality football in an improved side not it would make sense to extend him it before he can showcase this to other potential suitors. Additionally, one can look at the other options likely to become available and assess if there likely will be a better alternative. If they do not believe there will be then again signing him now would make sense.
As for what has he done? I guess you will think all evidence would be 'fanboy b.s.' but I read this on another site today.
"And yet: if you factor in the meagre amount of ball he gets compared to other halves, his return is actually pretty good. His try assists are middle of the road, but when you factor in that the Wests Tigers are far from middle of the pack, it’s probably an overperformance. His linebreak assists are elite, suggesting that he’s putting blokes through gaps, but they aren’t capitalising on it.
But why should we re-sign him even if he would be cheap? I get the market is bleak for halves, but we’ve given him 10 years to try and lead us. If Brooks doesn’t do well with this new pack and even if we’ve re-signed him on a much cheaper deal, the bagging, insults and criticism won’t stop. If anything it’ll get even more intense because why he’s cheaper everyone will question and ask why we kept him? We actually need to see good footy from Brooks before we consider signing him on and that goes to all our players off contract not just him. No point keeping him if he is going to continue to struggle even with the pack improvement.

You’re such glutton for punishment, aren’t you?

Yet again, you make yourself look like a deranged fanboy who’s too stupid to think for himself.
I pointed out nothing but facts and all you could do was go on a delusional rant that has made you look even dumber, which is nothing short of a miracle.

You couldn’t recognise a fact if it ran you over in a truck. Run along now, I’m sure Sheens or Nofo need a delusional little simp to collect their dry cleaning and you’d be perfect for that
Under Fadge joined in October 2018
first season 9th
Second season 11th
Third season 13th
Forth season 16th last. Although half a season, but we were certainly heading that way!

Under Sheens started in 2003
Won the 2005 premiership
3 x semi final appearance coming 4th twice and 3rd once.
Came 9th 3 times
That’s the facts, yes Fadge was doing a great job, on the up and up!
Not saying sheens is the messiah, but a hell of a lot better than the Fadge!
Clowns.

has anyone mentioned amongst all this drivel , that Brookes may know he has a decent pack for once,and he is holding out for more money somewhere else?

Under Fadge joined in October 2018
first season 9th
Second season 11th
Third season 13th
Forth season 16th last. Although half a season, but we were certainly heading that way!

Under Sheens started in 2003
Won the 2005 premiership
3 x semi final appearance coming 4th twice and 3rd once.
Came 9th 3 times
That’s the facts, yes Fadge was doing a great job, on the up and up!
Not saying sheens is the messiah, but a hell of a lot better than the Fadge!
Clowns.
Sheens won a premiership and got us finals bound. But 10 years for 3 finals is not good footy. He did better than Madge but Sheens record ain’t that good either.

has anyone mentioned amongst all this drivel , that Brookes may know he has a decent pack for once,and he is holding out for more money somewhere else?
Apart from Dolphins I can’t see which club would want him. The good ones have their halves sorted. If we don’t keep him SL may come calling.

Apart from Dolphins I can’t see which club would want him. The good ones have their halves sorted. If we don’t keep him SL may come calling.
yep , i got excited when the SL rumors did the rounds a few years ago,for his wellbeing, its a far option

Back