Luke Brooks #167

Can you be sure about that? Is it possible that they are winning because they look good?
Early days, but Brooks will have a strong season at Manly and no one should be surprised. He is a very good NRL player who, like most other very good first graders, benefits from having strong players around him. It allows him to focus on his own game and the stuff he is good at, namely, running the ball, show and go, short side play, etc. He is quick, he is a solid defender, he backs up, and he has good instincts for his own game, just not necessarily overall game management. He doesn't have to at Manly. DCE, Turbo and Croker take care of that. The other guy who made a big difference was Nathan Brown. He did the tough carries, his ball playing as a lock was really impressive and he picked out JWH for special treatment every time JWH took the ball up. The Tiges could certainly use some of that. I wouldn't have signed him either, so no Monday morning quarterback from me, but he was good on Sunday

I don't think it's rocket science that playing next to a HOF half in DCE he's going to look much better & especially now that there's no more pressure of being the 7 for WT's. Brooks is playing like how he did here imo just with a much better team.
No doubt the good players around him make him look better. As is usually the case in team sports.

The same thing the Brooks “fan boys” have always said.

Sadly Brooks was paid the money of an elite organising no7 while he was with us, and with that came expectations that he could not deliver. I think this in part was due to the whole roster being substandard, but it was also obvious he was not a organiser. He did not have the skill or personality to drive a team.

He did have plenty of ability and would get a run in most sides, but not as a organiser and not on that sort of money, but you can hardly blame him for taking the money we threw his way.

Be interesting to see what would have happened if Moses had stuck around and taken over the 7 role and allowed Brooks to feed off him. Anyway time to move on from Brooks

Good to see all the Brooks fanboys still have his poster on their bedroom wall.
He chose to leave when he should have been punted (or shifted to 5/8) years ago.
Didn’t do anything spectacular yesterday that any decent 5/8 would do in the current Manly side.
Also thought the ref followed up on the example of his mate who officiated against us and helped get the home team a victory.
Interesting to see if the pattern continues when we play at home next week.
You heard it here first. First home game things will change. So much for next week then I guess. Fan boys - see you at the home game. Looks like a win.

Sadly Brooks was paid the money of an elite organising no7 while he was with us, and with that came expectations that he could not deliver. I think this in part was due to the whole roster being substandard, but it was also obvious he was not a organiser. He did not have the skill or personality to drive a team.

He did have plenty of ability and would get a run in most sides, but not as a organiser and not on that sort of money, but you can hardly blame him for taking the money we threw his way.

Be interesting to see what would have happened if Moses had stuck around and taken over the 7 role and allowed Brooks to feed off him. Anyway time to move on from Brooks
A spine of Moses, Brooks and Teddy is making top 4 and contending for the premiership? It could have been so different.

No coach ever wanted to replace him at Wests Tigers. Maguire resigned him and Benji and Sheen's made it very clear they wanted him and always backed him.
He wanted out and made it happen.
The fans are split on him much the same as it goes with any players with a profile in a losing team, and can guarantee you fans from other clubs have been equally as critical of him over the years. Latrell has divided Souths fans ATM because they have only won 4 of their last how many games.

Looks like in terms of his footy Brooks made the right decision for himself.
I know plenty of fans of other clubs who’s only criticism of Brooks is that he stayed at the Tigers so long trying to lead a dogshit Roster…
All the coaches you spoke of know what plenty others do and that he’s a decent footballer - they all ‘tried’ to build a decent side around him… they all failed.
Now he’s gone to a decent side, and playing as expected….
While we are stuck, playing exactly as expected.
We’ve got a year to fix it, if it’s like this for Luai… they’ll kill his career as well.

And the key thing now is addressing some of our gaps before Luai becomes the whipping boy (dominant playmaker)

I note the folk spruiking the Sullivan and Sezer signings here way back when - controlling half, attacking brilliance and everything else they tried to flog us are as quiet as a lamp post…

Shocking that our best shot this year will probably end up being with Fainu and Galvin… 2 kids with 1 game between them…

#bringback2014

No doubt the good players around him make him look better. As is usually the case in team sports.

The same thing the Brooks “fan boys” have always said.

the argument was either - our team is dogshit or out half is dogshit…
Shame when the half leaves and turns out not to be dogshit - whilst our team is still stuck being dogshit!!

I know plenty of fans of other clubs who’s only criticism of Brooks is that he stayed at the Tigers so long trying to lead a dogshit Roster…
All the coaches you spoke of know what plenty others do and that he’s a decent footballer - they all ‘tried’ to build a decent side around him… they all failed.
Now he’s gone to a decent side, and playing as expected….
While we are stuck, playing exactly as expected.
We’ve got a year to fix it, if it’s like this for Luai… they’ll kill his career as well.
No argument there, but also doesn't change the fact like others before him you can't keep a player who doesn't want to play for you, and his choice to play elsewhere is the reason he is not with us anymore and why we were forced to replace him with what was available to us.
Luai and Api come from a winning culture and have achieved most things in the game unlike Luke. We we wont know if Luai will make a difference till he gets here, but he can't do it alone.
The one thing you can guarantee there will be some bagging him and others defending him because of the level of expectation that comes with big contracts, and no doubt we will all pick a side.

Good to see all the Brooks fanboys still have his poster on their bedroom wall.
He chose to leave when he should have been punted (or shifted to 5/8) years ago.
Didn’t do anything spectacular yesterday that any decent 5/8 would do in the current Manly side.
Also thought the ref followed up on the example of his mate who officiated against us and helped get the home team a victory.
Interesting to see if the pattern continues when we play at home next week.
luke-brooks-crown.png
Still got mine up.

Back