Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

Jedi_Tiger

Apart from the murdoch hack media pushing the 1m+ line and many of our supporter base (Brooks haters) pushing it there is zero evidence to suggest that figure is correct.I have no idea how much he is on but i would suggest it would not be as high as a million.
in march it was 900k then rothfield said in April 1.1 million
Some other news outlets are saying 1 million
All made up, nfi

twentyforty

People were happy when we got Jason Taylor to coach the team, but it was the start of Brooks’ inconsistent form. What else happened during 2016?

• Haha
Reactions: 851

Earl

Fun fact for the Brooks constantly kicks dead or out on the full brigade.
On Friday night alone Moses equalled Brooks' season tally of kicks out on the full. And was one short of Brooks' season tally of kicks dead.

He was terrible. I really hope we don't get him.

He can play but he isn't consistent. We have enough of those players.

Earl

Because he is behind a good pack

Definitely but that isn't an excuse for Brooks or Doueihi or Laurie. If those guys were good we would have won a lot more games.

We lose games when our forwards get us into the game.

Parra won that game because they were much better across the park excluding their halves.

Stevec

He was terrible. I really hope we don't get him.

He can play but he isn't consistent. We have enough of those players.
In fairness he had a lot on his mind ,his first child born that day in Sydney and he's in Townsville and his grandmothers funeral on Monday

TrueTiger

I was far from happy when JT got the job
Lets not pass the buck on whos fault it is that Brooks has been inconsistent for years with absolutely no leadership skills....I have backed him and critiqued him many times...This next season is his to own and show us he can be the player we always thought he could be...
Hastings,Donut,Api ,Brooks and maybe Laurie are all very talented NRL standard players,if the boys club play their cards right we maybe a threat to many top teams next year if they coach and recruit well in the next few months...
Sheens,Farah,Benji to me spell disaster...I hope Im wrong,but we can have a competative side if they are coached well and have some more talent recruited...

Buttface

Fun fact for the Brooks constantly kicks dead or out on the full brigade.
On Friday night alone Moses equalled Brooks' season tally of kicks out on the full. And was one short of Brooks' season tally of kicks dead.
But it took Moses a few more games. Finals games. So he made just enough better kicks to make the finals. Sounds pretty good to me.
I think your argument may be flawed?

gregjm87

But it took Moses a few more games. Finals games. So he made just enough better kicks to make the finals. Sounds pretty good to me.
I think your argument may be flawed?
it didnt take him more games. Brooks' season total for kicks dead and kicks out on the full was 2 and 2. In that one game Moses kicked out on the full twice (equalling Brooks' season total) and kicked dead once (one short of Brooks' season total).
For me this point highlight two things. One that people stating Brooks is consistently kicking dead is wrong when he has only done it twice this year (according to Fox stats). Two, that Moses is not the answer when his kicking game is not much better than Brooks. We don't have the team to defend his errors or work up the field well enough to give consistent attacking opportunities.

hobbo1

it didnt take him more games. Brooks' season total for kicks dead and kicks out on the full was 2 and 2. In that one game Moses kicked out on the full twice (equalling Brooks' season total) and kicked dead once (one short of Brooks' season total).
For me this point highlight two things. One that people stating Brooks is consistently kicking dead is wrong when he has only done it twice this year (according to Fox stats). Two, that Moses is not the answer when his kicking game is not much better than Brooks. We don't have the team to defend his errors or work up the field well enough to give consistent attacking opportunities.
Brooks gets plenty of chances but he’s shithouse
🥾 him

gregjm87

Brooks gets plenty of chances but he’s shithouse
🥾 him
he was shit this year.
Last year i thought he was decent. He is no world beater, but he is as good or better than any other options we are likely to get.
I tend to agree with his detractors that Brooks' 2018 season means little now. But, i do think it is worth noting in that same season Moses was leading the Eels to a spoon. His impotent performances that year were similar to Brooks this year and exactly what you should expect if we sign him on big money without improving the pack.

Merlot

I Pap n Brooksy confirm commitment 2 a new 3 year contract at their new clubs next week.a cross the desk from Buzz.s drinking buddy