Luke Brooks - Mega Thread

Mate he only had to improve a little bit each off season and we’d go with him. His improved defence aside, he plays exactly how he did 6/7 years ago. Very predictable, easily defended against. I doubt sides focus on him that much during their prep to play us.

I've heard players speak openly about the fact he's basically the only player in the team they do much work on.

Why do you reckon that is...

Why does he need to be Benji or Robbie...
No one has said he's that kind of superstar...
Benji was a generational player - What he could do wasn't seen before and hasn't been seen since... In any team in the game.
Robbie an Origin Hooker - Brooks may well never reach those heights.
I would seriously doubt Madden, Hastings or Doueihi would either?
They can all certainly be more than decent without those accolades.

No Benji and Robbie didn't have a superstar team - But they had Origin Players (Brooks doesn't)
(In fact - We're the only team in the comp without an Origin rep, Furthermore... We haven't even got a player in the discussion) And the best halfback in the comp at the perfect time.
2005 They played a different Game
2010-2011 was a much better squad than this one...
Galloway and Lawrence played for Australia in 11, Benji won the golden boot in 2010.
+ 2 words...... Gareth Ellis.

Farah played 16 Years at the club - Made the finals 3 times.
Benji played 14 Years at the club - Made the Finals 3 times.
Either way, With the Generational talent and Quality of Farah and Benji
- What's so amazing about making the finals 3 times in 14/16 Years.
Brooks may well eclipse that if he stays as long as them.... And get some decent players around him finally...

Agree, The coaches are doing him no favours - Neither was being bought in as an 18 year old half with absolutely no one to bring him through - To take the pressure off him.... What a James Maloney would have done for him.

Brooks is Certainly not Tanking, And didn't against the Dogs - No one gives the Dogs Credit, We lost because our halfback made us lose...

We lost by less points to them than Parra did the week before...
Parra are considered a premiership team and are stacked with Quality...
We did a better job on the dogs than Parra did... And the dogs had the added confidence of the Parra win when coming up against us.
Jesus Christ…could you possibly fit another excuse in there for him?
Is he your dwarf throwing partner or something?

Thanks mate but I have been here a long time but when the system changed it wouldn’t accept my email address so I had to rejoin With a new name. Don’t comment often but when I see disrespect like that sometimes I can’t help myself.
Sorry to invoke such emotion. The disrespect was too much to bare I get that but yes. He is a turd. A stinker, one that grips the bowl on the was down the S bend.

I've heard players speak openly about the fact he's basically the only player in the team they do much work on.

Why do you reckon that is...
Now I have to say, I never thought I would agree with BB on anything, but he is 100 percent right with every thing he has said. Cleary is an A grade tanker when the game doesnt go his way. He is what we used to call a tapeworm....can only move any where while holding on to some elses arse.
Yet everyone talks him up like he is the next Andrew Johns. He is not Andrew johns bum crack. It would be interesting if Brooks was a Panther playing behind their pack week in week out, & Cleary was a Tiger. All the Brooks disrespecters would become Cleary disrespecters. Brooks tries his heart out every week & for years surrounded by mostly less talented individuals( with all due respect to our boys) . Like many Tigers players in the past,we treat loyal , hardworking players with disrepect.

I get what your saying.

But did benji and Robbie really have a great squad around them?

Great players create a great team and Brooks is happy to be a passenger and not create anything great like benj and Robbie.

Agree tho, coaching certainly couldn't have been any worse for Brooks.
I think mentaly Luke is shot, no confidence at all.

Why does he need to be Benji or Robbie...
No one has said he's that kind of superstar...
Benji was a generational player - What he could do wasn't seen before and hasn't been seen since... In any team in the game.
Robbie an Origin Hooker - Brooks may well never reach those heights.
I would seriously doubt Madden, Hastings or Doueihi would either?
They can all certainly be more than decent without those accolades.

No Benji and Robbie didn't have a superstar team - But they had Origin Players (Brooks doesn't)
(In fact - We're the only team in the comp without an Origin rep, Furthermore... We haven't even got a player in the discussion) And the best halfback in the comp at the perfect time.
2005 They played a different Game
2010-2011 was a much better squad than this one...
Galloway and Lawrence played for Australia in 11, Benji won the golden boot in 2010.
+ 2 words...... Gareth Ellis.

Farah played 16 Years at the club - Made the finals 3 times.
Benji played 14 Years at the club - Made the Finals 3 times.
Either way, With the Generational talent and Quality of Farah and Benji
- What's so amazing about making the finals 3 times in 14/16 Years.
Brooks may well eclipse that if he stays as long as them.... And get some decent players around him finally...

Agree, The coaches are doing him no favours - Neither was being bought in as an 18 year old half with absolutely no one to bring him through - To take the pressure off him.... What a James Maloney would have done for him.

Brooks is Certainly not Tanking, And didn't against the Dogs - No one gives the Dogs Credit, We lost because our halfback made us lose...

We lost by less points to them than Parra did the week before...
Parra are considered a premiership team and are stacked with Quality...
We did a better job on the dogs than Parra did... And the dogs had the added confidence of the Parra win when coming up against us.

Well we have a better squad next year so can be put to the test if he is here next year

Ok I'm staking my reputation on this one. Brooks has played his last game for us. For better or for worse, he will be playing at Hull.

Bright side for Brooks is he is likely to get his first taste of finals football this year.
Rep on a forum meh. How much hard earned are you prepared to stake.

Ok I'm staking my reputation on this one. Brooks has played his last game for us. For better or for worse, he will be playing at Hull.

Bright side for Brooks is he is likely to get his first taste of finals football this year.

I can't remember - Does that go on the cap if he's released to UK?
Maybe we're giving him what we have left this year - They're giving him some and next year it's all on them?

I like Brooks. I think he has given us good service but I hope this is true. It'd be good for him and us.

I have a mate who’s a booky. And another who is a penis head parra supporter well this one one is not so much a mate. I’d like to get both of em. But I am not risking my tazo collection.
Yeah don't put money or tazos down, that will jinx it for sure.

• Haha
Reactions: BZN
I like Brooks. I think he has given us good service but I hope this is true. It'd be good for him and us.
It wouldn't necessarily be the end of his NRL career either. A few years there to get a change of scenery, get out of the spotlight, and get some confidence back, I think he would come back a different player.

It wouldn't necessarily be the end of his NRL career either. A few years there to get a change of scenery, get out of the spotlight, and get some confidence back, I think he would come back a different player.
I agree, I was thinking the same thing. Go there for 2 years and be still young enough to get another contract when he comes back.
The small in goals may test him but a running ½ would go ok.

Reactions: BZN
I can't remember - Does that go on the cap if he's released to UK?
Maybe we're giving him what we have left this year - They're giving him some and next year it's all on them?
As I understand it they are willing to chip in this year as well, as it wouldn't come under their salary cap. He would be their marquee signing which is excluded from the cap. It was basically an offer too good too refuse. The funny thing is all of the supposedly in the know NRL 'journos' are still talking about Newcastle or Dolphins, but I bet they will act like they had the inside word all along when it comes out.

Latest posts

Back