Status
Not open for further replies.
@go_you_good_things said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474323) said:
@demps said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474311) said:
@animal-mother said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474305) said:
@dyloh said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474303) said:
@thedaboss said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474279) said:
@dyloh said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474236) said:
Some of the criticism Brooks is copping at the moment is warranted as this definitely hasn’t been his best season but to put this all on him is pretty harsh. Majority of the forum are willing to put a line through the whole squad bar a few like Stef, Laurie and Doueihi yet Brooks is expected to turn this team into world beaters by himself? The soft or weak argument seems silly as well. Who was the last bloke to throw some hands in a Tigers jersey?

Bj leilua....

Roberts tried to throw some hands

BJ tackled a bloke who wasn’t looking and I don’t remember Jimmy doin anything other than a bit of push and shove.

What are you looking for? Brawlers?
Farah was probably the last WT player to snot someone.

Brooks slapped Gagai

Mbye grabbed some ones collar too once...

?

I gotta feeling hobbo jnr aka Alex Seyfarth will floor some one in his career at some point.

I reckon it'll be Blore that drops someone first.
When someone pizzes him off, you can see a look in his eye. He is all tempered and controlled now, but one day, on a footy field somewhere, a Nathan Brown type is gonna push his luck just that lil bit too far.

You could be right... lol.

Love how Seyfarth put it on Kikau though.
Hungry wolf that kid.

Either way, when the day comes...
I'll be watching.
And I'm sure... I will love it.

@dyloh said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474325) said:
Some of the criticism Brooks is copping at the moment is warranted as this definitely hasn’t been his best season but to put this all on him is pretty harsh. Majority of the forum are willing to put a line through the whole squad bar a few like Stef, Laurie and Doueihi yet Brooks is expected to turn this team into world beaters by himself? The soft or weak argument seems silly as well. Who was the last bloke to throw some hands in a Tigers jersey?

Bj leilua....

BJ tackled a bloke who wasn’t looking and I don’t remember Jimmy doin anything other than a bit of push and shove.

No, I’m arguing the Luke brooks is soft, weak or lacks passions narrative. One minute he’s too quiet and reserved, the next he’s arrogant and boasting about it being his team? Which one is it?

It's all an act.
Doing his job, the media side.
Talking it up, baits the fans in...
Gets the memberships through the door.

Then doesn't deliver.
Same old story

The old Connor McGregor: "I'll knock him out in the first round !!" Sells the fight, makes his money but gets punched around the ring by Floyd or embarrassed in the octagon by Khabib or Dustin.

Marketing, promotion....

Brooks has an obligation to talk to the media.
Talks the talk, does as he's told, says what he says, keep the fans and stake holders happy.

Cannot deliver on the pitch.
Everyone should wise up to this act by now.

@demps said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474331) said:

Bj leilua....

No, I’m arguing the Luke brooks is soft, weak or lacks passions narrative. One minute he’s too quiet and reserved, the next he’s arrogant and boasting about it being his team? Which one is it?

It's all an act.

Then doesn't deliver.
Same old story

The old Connor McGregor: "I'll knock him out in the first round !!" Sells the fight, makes his money but gets punched around the ring by Floyd or embarrassed in the octagon by Khabib or Dustin.

Marketing, promotion....

Talks the talk, does as he's told, says what he says, keep the fans and stake holders happy.

Yeah I agree but I think it’s the opposite, gets put on the spot with the question and is forced to say it’s his team otherwise he’s perceived to lack leadership. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever heard a NRL player say “this is my team”.

@dyloh said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474333) said:

Bj leilua....

It's all an act.

Then doesn't deliver.
Same old story

Marketing, promotion....

Yeah I agree but I think it’s the opposite, gets put on the spot with the question and is forced to say it’s his team otherwise he’s perceived to lack leadership. I honestly don’t think I’ve ever heard a NRL player say “this is my team”.

Every question Brooks gets asked he looks like he's been put on the spot. He's never actually asked many tough questions. He has been quoted as saying "he's running the team".

You compare that with Nathan Cleary when he was asked this week if the coach (ie his dad) is the next Brian Smith of coaching, and he answered it without being flustered in any way.

Whenever I see a Tigers player interviewed I shudder when it's Brooks, because it will be non-committal simple answers.

I was personally shocked when Brooks was made captain the last few rounds. To me a captain is far more than on field leader (for the record I don't think Brooks is that). A captain needs to be relatively articulate as well and be able to engage the public and media when off the field when required. He needs to be confident and speak with intent.

On field he not only needs to lead by example with his actions but how he respectfully challenges the ref with certain calls, how he addresses his team following opposition points and how he stands up for his teammates. A captain is the guy you look to for guidance in battle and to steer the ship when the game is on the line.

Sadly when I look at Brooks I don't see any of those qualities. I see a player who on his day ability wise is solid without being spectacular but mostly severely lacks confidence in all facets of his game both on field and off it. He appears naturally shy, reserved and somewhat awkward especially when called upon for media duties. He for the most part plays like someone suffering severe anxiety afraid of every touch of the ball in case he fails.

Not saying Tamou in necessarily the best option for Capt either given his limited playing mins each game however Brooks certainly isn't leader material.

@jai_donaldson said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474375) said:
I was personally shocked when Brooks was made captain the last few rounds. To me a captain is far more than on field leader (for the record I don't think Brooks is that). A captain needs to be relatively articulate as well and be able to engage the public and media when off the field when required. He needs to be confident and speak with intent.

On field he not only needs to lead by example with his actions but how he respectfully challenges the ref with certain calls, how he addresses his team following opposition points and how he stands up for his teammates. A captain is the guy you look to for guidance in battle and to steer the ship when the game is on the line.

Sadly when I look at Brooks I don't see any of those qualities. I see a player who on his day ability wise is solid without being spectacular but mostly severely lacks confidence in all facets of his game both on field and off it. He appears naturally shy, reserved and somewhat awkward especially when called upon for media duties. He for the most part plays like someone suffering severe anxiety afraid of every touch of the ball in case he fails.

Not saying Tamou in necessarily the best option for Capt either given his limited playing mins each game however Brooks certainly isn't leader material.

That’s why brooks and madge need to ride away into the sunset.

@tigerpower said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474378) said:
@jai_donaldson said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474375) said:

That’s why brooks and madge need to ride away into the sunset.

I guess unfortunately in Madge's defense Brooks was the only real option he had for C given all the other likely candidates were out injured. Maybe Luciano would have been a better option?

@weststigerman said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474342) said:
@dyloh said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474333) said:

Bj leilua....

It's all an act.

Then doesn't deliver.
Same old story

Marketing, promotion....

Every question Brooks gets asked he looks like he's been put on the spot. He's never actually asked many tough questions. He has been quoted as saying "he's running the team".

You compare that with Nathan Cleary when he was asked this week if the coach (ie his dad) is the next Brian Smith of coaching, and he answered it without being flustered in any way.

Whenever I see a Tigers player interviewed I shudder when it's Brooks, because it will be non-committal simple answers.

Yeah 100% I agree he struggles with the media. He is quoted as saying something along those lines but it’s being made out as if it was said it in an arrogant or cocky manner when in reality it was the opposite. He was being pressed about him being the leader or it being his team after Benji leaving and i was arguing that he couldn’t win regardless of how he answered the question.

@animal-mother said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474328) said:

Bj leilua....

It’s both. He does the boasting about team ownership in the pre season, then when the comp starts he gets a reality check and resorts to type, which is quiet and reserved.

Thats a new take on it. Never considered the psychological side of it. Its likely that he is an introvert. Ties in with my suggestion that he be appointed a counsellor.

What does everyone else think, should a player be punted due to his personality type or should they be supported and encouraged to be the best version of themself?

@tiger5150 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474406) said:
@animal-mother said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1474328) said:

Bj leilua....

It’s both. He does the boasting about team ownership in the pre season, then when the comp starts he gets a reality check and resorts to type, which is quiet and reserved.

Thats a new take on it. Never considered the psychological side of it. Its likely that he is an introvert. Ties in with my suggestion that he be appointed a counsellor.

What does everyone else think, should a player be punted due to his personality type or should they be supported and encouraged to be the best version of themself?

This is his best version.
All downhill from here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back