Luke Brooks

Status
Not open for further replies.
@tiger5150 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1478203) said:
I think that with todays news regarding Madge, this may be a pivotal point in Luke Brooks career. I think if he doesnt make some improvements he may be pushed out or to 6 or 9.

What does everyone else think? I think its worthy of some discussion.

I think Hastings will give us the answer?

Very Dark Clouds Continue In the Upper Blue Mountains

Channel 9 - reported in 5.30 am news that Brooks will be at WTs in 2022 and club hopes he stays long term.

@pawsandclaws1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1478349) said:

Channel 9 - reported in 5.30 am news that Brooks will be at WTs in 2022 and club hopes he stays long term.

Madge loves him. Anyone hoping he'll be punted while Madge is here is kidding themselves, he made him captain for gods sake!

That's why it's hilarious when people blame the players when Madge is the one that picks them every week

Perfect day …especially with Madge being retained don’t you think ?
Channel 9 lol
You’re funny !

@jc99 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1478351) said:

Madge loves him. Anyone hoping he'll be punted while Madge is here is kidding themselves, he made him captain for gods sake!

That's why it's hilarious when people blame the players when Madge is the one that picks them every week

Get a kebab

@hobbo1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1478354) said:

Get a kebab

Uber me one to my house

@hobbo1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1478354) said:

Get a kebab

I'll have one. Think @Demps knows a guy?

The Brooks haters who believe he’ll be shopped are almost as delusional as the Magpie fanatics at this point. I remember arguing with them around 2013 that the Magpies would never be back in first grade. They called me a troll and that I didn’t know what I was talking about. They just wished it so strongly they started to believe it. Same here, and i’ll also throw Noffa in which is even more delusional as he has 4 years left on his contract, and there has not been one grain of sand’s worth of indication that he’s going anywhere. But people will insist he’s gonna be shopped around. Just more wishful thinking that’s being turned into something realistic. It isn’t.

@gnr4life said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1478366) said:

The Brooks haters who believe he’ll be shopped are almost as delusional as the Magpie fanatics at this point. I remember arguing with them around 2013 that the Magpies would never be back in first grade. They called me a troll and that I didn’t know what I was talking about. They just wished it so strongly they started to believe it. Same here, and i’ll also throw Noffa in which is even more delusional as he has 4 years left on his contract, and there has not been one grain of sand’s worth of indication that he’s going anywhere. But people will insist he’s gonna be shopped around. Just more wishful thinking that’s being turned into something realistic. It isn’t.

Madden 6
Hastings 7

Madge won't shop him, if we brought in another coach then he definitely could've been. Doubt anyone would want to pick him up though.

@hobbo1 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1478353) said:

Perfect day …especially with Madge being retained don’t you think ?
Channel 9 lol
You’re funny !

Love the mountains! Love Leura!

Madge being nuetered is beautiful.

Lee mentions Sheens with recruitment in his Q and A.

Love the trust in Madge!

I think that with todays news regarding Madge, this may be a pivotal point in Luke Brooks career. I think if he doesnt make some improvements he may be pushed out or to 6 or 9.

I keep saying with the new rules Brooks is a lock. The position suites him and he would be very good at it as well. More chance of making SOO at lock than anywhere else.

@mike said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1478394) said:

I keep saying with the new rules Brooks is a lock. The position suites him and he would be very good at it as well. More chance of making SOO at lock than anywhere else.

It is probably worth trying as he just doesn't have the organisational skills for half back and we certainly need his defence

No one hates him, people are just off his miserable approach to the game.

Legit no one has said he is being shopped, just that it's something that **should** be done.

Kenty said last night he's the most maligned halfback in the comp and the Tigers don't really want him.

It's no secret. But yeah, stick with the "haters" narrative and how everyone is delusional except you because you're right and Brooks isn't going anywhere.

He isn't ... **he should.**

That's where the issue is.

@jadtiger said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1478395) said:
@mike said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1478394) said:

It is probably worth trying as he just doesn't have the organisational skills for half back and we certainly need his defence

Exactly. He doesn't have the responsibility of a half and he can play his natural game,

@jc99 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1478377) said:

Madge won't shop him, if we brought in another coach then he definitely could've been. Doubt anyone would want to pick him up though.

Every coach thinks they can get the best from him and every ex player feels sorry for him because he plays for us. Just wish Brooks would pull his finger out and decide what he wants from his career and do something about it and if he can't find it here then do every one a favour and back yourself somewhere else.

@telltails said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1478398) said:
@jc99 said in [Luke Brooks](/post/1478377) said:

Every coach thinks they can get the best from him and every ex player feels sorry for him because he plays for us. Just wish Brooks would pull his finger out and decide what he wants from his career and do something about it and if he can't find it here then do every one a favour and back yourself somewhere else.

I am sure Sheens will have views on how he should be used.

From the Lee H interview with Chammas:

Chammas: What does this all mean for the future of Luke Brooks because it’s said he hasn’t enjoyed his time under Michael Maguire?

Hagipantelis: That’s not the feedback we’re getting at board level. The response we’re getting is Luke is absolutely committed and loves this club. He’s a local junior. He’s played all of his professional career with Wests Tigers. We would like to see him finish his career with the Wests Tigers despite reports to the contrary in the press. **Luke Brooks is staying with the Wests Tigers and will be our halfback in 2022 and beyond.** So if there are any genuine, legitimate concerns that we need to deal with, they’ll be dealt with in-house. But as I say, that’s not my understanding or impression as to what’s happened.

If this is true then we are even more screwed than previously thought regardless of who is coaching the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back