Luke Kelly

Staks

BE interesting to find out why McDonnell and Sheens didn't see any future or talent in Luke Kelly when he was at the club :unamused:
\
\
….. oh ye Wests Tigers don't need any halves.

I will reserve judgement. Afterall i have only watched the kid play 30 minutes and throw one good pass.

When did he leave by the way? End of 2007?

Went to St Gregs, played SG Ball for Wests in 2007\. Went to Storm when wasn't selected for WT NYC squad last season.

Ah dam, completely forget he was a Gregs boy. He started after I finished so I don't know much about him. Although I watched him play Rugby once, put on some big hits.

His leadership impressed me. Had no hesitation barking orders and instructions at his troops. No hesitation or fear in the kid either. Obviously Melbourne and Coach Bellamey saw the potential that Wests failed to see. Typical. Can't say i'm not surprised. But i'm sure that if he was in the system under the Joint-Venture umbrella, he'd be playing plenty of U/20's or NSW Cup as Sheens doesn't blood halves. It's all about backrowers, props and centres that he desires to manufacturer into backrowers. Good luck to the kid. I hope he has a bright future in Melbourne.

Jesus, we can't keep em all. Last year didn't we have Moltzen, Lui, Nichols, Lazarus, Ayshford & Dunley in the U/20s.

Was he the bloke on the bench for the Storm tonight who came on and put a lovely short ball on Hoffman's chest for their first try?

Agree with the post above we have Lui, Moltzen, Ayshford, DUnley, Lazarus all in the U20s halves lastr year - i still say we did the right thing

Yeah, from memory he's a 5/8\. We have Marshall/Lui/Ayshford, and even Moltzen has said he's best suited to 5/8.

If Kelly was an out and out halfback, and we let him go I wouldn't be happy, but we have enough five eighths.

Yeah lets not get too critical. The tigers have retained a lot of good players in the past. Farah, Benji, Heighno and more have all stayed and are the core of the team. Teams like St George over the years (80's/90's) have always let there great players leave by mistake. Prince left due mainly to lifestyle/family choice issues. Our biggest loss other than that was Lafranchi. I am not going to cry over Luke Kelly.

Back